Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #136
lazorbeam
Connoisseur
lazorbeam began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone; Fire HD
So, strange, but I'm not having this problem anymore. I was having it ten minutes ago, updated, was still having it. Then i fiddled with some books so that I could attach a few examples and, retrying but re-ordering the merge, it suddenly worked. And then I retried it in the other order (that hadn't been working before) and it worked fine. So...the update worked? I guess I'm good for now.

Something I did notice - this is only happening with epubs made using squeebooks. Maybe it's something about how the books are made with that site? Whatever it is though, I'm not having that problem now whether it's the update or magic.

Thanks for being willing to take a look anway.
lazorbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #137
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[QUOTE=JimmXinu;1973346]Merging together multiple eBooks together into one eBook seems to be a common request, but there haven't been many tools to do so.

This plugin provides the ability to create new EPUBs by combining the contents of existing (non-DRM) EPUB format eBooks.

The source may be seen, and a Command Line version obtained, from the project home page.

Main Features of EpubMerge Plugin:
  • Select a list of stories in calibre,
  • Order them,
  • Edit the metadata for the new combined eBook, and then,
  • Merge the contents of the EPUBs together into the new eBook, now including cover from metadata if set.
  • UnMerge previously merged epubs if metadata was saved during merge.
  • Configurably able to save the metadata for each merged book for UnMerging later if desired. (Defaults to On.)
  • Configurably able to populate custom columns from source books.
  • Options now stored inside the Library rather than an external JSON file.
  • CLI via calibre-debug --run-plugin
""There are a couple of configurable options: whether or not to insert a Table of Contents entry for each merged book (with it's original TOC nested underneath it), and an option to flatten the TOC down to one level only. These options are stored by Library".

i can find this option to generate a table of contents using the filename of each of the merged epubs.

i have used this plugin to merge 82 epubs.

and it is wonderful.

the only problem is i now have a book of 4000 pages and to get to a particular book i would need to browse through it.

also i would forget after a while which epubs have been merged as there is no TABLE OF CONTENTS...e.e. the names of epub files i merged into at the start of this megabook.

What i want to know if there is some way of it automatically generating a table of contents at the start which would enable me go to that particular book by clicking on it.

the title of each book in the table of contents would come from each of the filenames of each epub.

i have tried to look and played with a lot of the plugin settings for this option in the plugin settings but i cannot find it anywhere.

Any idea if this option exists and how to go about it?
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #138
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
also i would forget after a while which epubs have been merged as there is no TABLE OF CONTENTS...e.e. the names of epub files i merged into at the start of this megabook.

What i want to know if there is some way of it automatically generating a table of contents at the start which would enable me go to that particular book by clicking on it.

the title of each book in the table of contents would come from each of the filenames of each epub.
I assume that you did find the option for including each book in the metadata TOC and that you're talking about an in-line TOC.

I suggest looking at calibre's Edit Book feature, it includes an ability to insert an in-line TOC.

Since the info is already there in the metadata TOC, and there are other ways to get one, I don't plan to add in-line TOC in EpubMerge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	290
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	119721  
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #139
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I assume that you did find the option for including each book in the metadata TOC and that you're talking about an in-line TOC.

I suggest looking at calibre's Edit Book feature, it includes an ability to insert an in-line TOC.

Since the info is already there in the metadata TOC, and there are other ways to get one, I don't plan to add in-line TOC in EpubMerge.
hi

i did try to do what you suggested using the EDIT TOC button in calibre and clicked generate TOC from filenames but nothing seemed to happen in the merged epub.

i also tried the 3 or 4 other options presented in the EDIT TOC menu to generate the TOC using xhtl,etc but to no avail...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #140
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i did try to do what you suggested using the EDIT TOC button in calibre and clicked generate TOC from filenames but nothing seemed to happen in the merged epub.

i also tried the 3 or 4 other options presented in the EDIT TOC menu to generate the TOC using xhtl,etc but to no avail...
Top menu Tools -> Table of Contents -> Insert inline Table of Contents. Not from the edit ToC dialog.
Advert
Old 03-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #141
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Top menu Tools -> Table of Contents -> Insert inline Table of Contents. Not from the edit ToC dialog.
yes i clicked EDIT BOOK then tools then table of contents and insert Table of Contents.

As i said it creates the inline TOC but the sub contents of each books show up as well under each and every book title.

i just tested by putting the merged epub on a nook.

sure enough it has the TOC but it also displays the sub contents like chapters under each and every title.

Last edited by vugtitan; 03-02-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #142
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
yes i clicked EDIT BOOK then tools then table of contents and insert Table of Contents.

As i said it creates the inline TOC but the sub contents of each books show up as well under each and every book title.

i just tested by putting the merged epub on a nook.

sure enough it has the TOC but it also displays the sub contents like chapters under each and every title.
The TOC generator does have an option to limit it to Higher Heading levels (1,2,3)
Shift (REGEX) all chapters to H4 (parts to H3, those will still show)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #143
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The TOC generator does have an option to limit it to Higher Heading levels (1,2,3)
Shift (REGEX) all chapters to H4 (parts to H3, those will still show)
I am afraid that is far too cryptic for me..

shift (regex)?

H4 H3 ??
Old 03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #144
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Shift them (the chapter heads) using REGEX from h3 to h4
(Use the book editor luke)
NOW when you use the TOC editor, you don't have to click the lower header (right arrow) 47 dozen times or use the remove button

If you NOW use the Generate ToC from Major Headings, only those with H1 thru H3 will be in the ToC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #145
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Shift them (the chapter heads) using REGEX from h3 to h4
(Use the book editor luke)
NOW when you use the TOC editor, you don't have to click the lower header (right arrow) 47 dozen times or use the remove button

If you NOW use the Generate ToC from Major Headings, only those with H1 thru H3 will be in the ToC
Is REGEX is a function of the book editor luke?

or is it some kind of scripting/command line expression?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM   #146
ekaterinabanana
ekaterinabanana began at the beginning.

Device: All the Devices!
Question About Audio

Hello, first, thanks for making this plugin. It's very handy.

I have a question about books with audio - I have three books with read-along audio in them that have been uploaded to Calibre (and work!) When I merge them together, all the necessary audio files and markers are there, but the audio doesn't play. Would you happen to know why or what I might be missing/doing wrong? Thanks!
ekaterinabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #147
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaterinabanana View Post
Hello, first, thanks for making this plugin. It's very handy.

I have a question about books with audio - I have three books with read-along audio in them that have been uploaded to Calibre (and work!) When I merge them together, all the necessary audio files and markers are there, but the audio doesn't play. Would you happen to know why or what I might be missing/doing wrong? Thanks!
I believe that neither Calibre nor the epub2 standard support embedded audio. Consequently any manipulation by calibre may result in those features not working. Possibly JimmXinu can work around the process that altered the book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #148
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I was about to say that I didn't know epub could even do embedded audio.

If it's not part of the standard, I'm not going to worry about it right now.

My day job has picked up lately, so plugins aren't getting as much of time as they once did, sorry.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #149
ekaterinabanana
ekaterinabanana began at the beginning.

Device: All the Devices!
It can! I think it's only really a thing with kids books, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you both for your quick responses.
ekaterinabanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #150
ThePage
Connoisseur
ThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura aboutThePage has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 4, eBookwise & Literati
Is there anything that can be done about a common error I'm getting -
calibre, version 1.26.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:"There is no item named 'META-INF/container.xml' in the archive"

calibre 1.26 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 88, in do_loop
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.dialogs", line 97, in do_when_finished
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 561, in _start_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin", line 188, in do_merge
File "calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge", line 196, in doMerge
File "zipfile.py", line 931, in read
File "zipfile.py", line 957, in open
File "zipfile.py", line 905, in getinfo
KeyError: "There is no item named 'META-INF/container.xml' in the archive"
ThePage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags