Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Shortyz Crosswords for PE?

Hi everyone. I have been trying for hours to find this app to download to my PE. I can't seem to find it anywhere except places that direct me to android market, which of course I can't access. I know that I read in a post someplace that an eDGe user had it installed on his/her device, but it didn't say where they got it from. Can anybody direct me to a site where I can download it to my PE? Thanks!
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I haven't tried it yet, but this apk came up when I searched shortyz Crossword
Let me know if this is a dud or not after unzipping and installing.
[update] it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Shortyz.zip (156.6 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by mokel22; 08-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
I downloaded and installed the app. It works. I has puzzles from 9 or 10 publications available. They can be downloaded by individual pubs or all of them and by date as well.

Puzzle solving is a little awkward because the screen shows only the clue for the area that the cursor is at. You have to keep hitting the menu button to shift from across to down.
But, it does work and the graphics are nice and sharp.

Thanks for the app!
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by syclone View Post
I downloaded and installed the app. It works. I has puzzles from 9 or 10 publications available. They can be downloaded by individual pubs or all of them and by date as well.

Puzzle solving is a little awkward because the screen shows only the clue for the area that the cursor is at. You have to keep hitting the menu button to shift from across to down.

Thanks for the app!
Thanks for the confirmation syclone!
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
dianekbr
dianekbr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thanks mokel for the file!

Syclone, can you walk me through how you got it to work? I downloaded and unzipped it, copied it to a micro sd card and put the card in my PE. Then I located the file and cliked on it, clicked "Install" and got a message that the application was not installed. Where did I go wrong? (I'm not very techy, obviously!)

EDIT: Got it!! Thanks again mokel!! I should have posted here hours ago and saved myself a lot of time! (In case anyone else isn't very tech savvy, here's what I did: Click on the above link from your PE's web browser to download it. Mine downloaded to my SD card, but I don't remember whether I selected that or it just did that. Use ES File Explorer to find it on your card and long press the zipped icon. Choose the "extract" option. Choose the file folder that's extracted and install it as usual.)

Last edited by dianekbr; 08-02-2011 at 11:28 PM.
dianekbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by syclone View Post
I use this all the time. Great app.
For easier navigation, go to settings, and select "force keyboard", "Space changes direction", and select "with arrows" from keyboard style.

Long press on the grid lets you zoom in and out etc.

Apks also available here
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Thanks, 5thwiggle. It works a lot better now. This will be a test of whether I can finish a puzzle before the battery goes dead.
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #8
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
mokel22,
Thanks for the app. I downloaded it and like it very much. Thanks again.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
zuzulous
zuzulous began at the beginning.

Device: pocketeDGe
Thanks for the link 5thWiggle! I had just made a note to find this app when I happened upon this thread.
zuzulous is offline   Reply With Quote