Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
LaLaDivina
LaLaDivina began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Talking Hello from NYC

I just got my refurbished nook color that I ordered from Overstock this past Monday. I haven't really had much time to play with it these past 3 nights because I've been a little busy but so far I really like it. I am planning on rooting it in the next few weeks to get the most out of it.

I'm in a book club and the selling points for me were that I could borrow ebooks from NYPL as opposed to the Kindle, and it's android features.

Looking forward to talking about the nook, ebooks and possibly making LendMe friends to share books with.
LaLaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Welcome LaLa! You make me think of home... Enjoy the Nook color and stick around on MR - a very great place online and the best place for all your ebook/device questions.

lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, LaLaD. Happy Nooking and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
straygator
Connoisseur
straygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolatestraygator is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle
Welcome, LaLa. Interesting that the NYPL doesn't allow borrowing on Kindles.
straygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
LaLaDivina
LaLaDivina began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by straygator View Post
Welcome, LaLa. Interesting that the NYPL doesn't allow borrowing on Kindles.
It's not that they don't allow it, they dont support their format.

Copy/Paste from NYPL:

Can I transfer Mobipocket eBooks to an Amazon® Kindle?

No. The Amazon Kindle does not currently support eBooks protected with Mobipocket DRM.
LaLaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi LaLa and welcome to MobileRead.

When I was a kid, I thought the world stopped at the Hudson River. And, you know, I still do.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #7
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ well, yeah. Kinda true...

Though there are lots of other fairly nice, civilized places in the world
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote