Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #31
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Simply return None from parse_index()
Thanks for your information. When I return None from parse_index() I receive the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site.py", line 58, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 287, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 959, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/conversion.py", line 204, in __call__
  File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/input.py", line 105, in convert
  File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 843, in download
  File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/news.py", line 989, in build_index
  File "site-packages/calibre/web/feeds/__init__.py", line 341, in feeds_from_index
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Is this "working as intended" or is there something wrong with my recipe?

PS. New version is on the way with bug fixes and new features. Also started on an Instapaper recipe based on the official API ( http://www.instapaper.com/api/full ).
DS.
khromov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, its working as intended. Returning None, leads to an error, which stops the recipe execution.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 09:58 AM   #33
khromov
Connoisseur
khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khromov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New development version out:
https://bitbucket.org/khromov/calibr...calibre.recipe

Changelog here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yeah, its working as intended. Returning None, leads to an error, which stops the recipe execution.
I notice this leads to an error popup if you schedule the recipe for executing in the GUI. Is that ideal? Semantically speaking, there is no error taking place. Is it possible to suppress it?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #34
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No it isn't possible to suppress it. Imagine the case of a user manually running the recipe, having nothing happen would be very confusing. Of course, it is possible to have the recipe output special text before exiting and have the GUI detect it and show a special dialog, but that's rather too much work for me. Patches welcome
Old 01-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
largeboulder
largeboulder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sorry to resurrect an old thread here, but it's new to me. In the past, I would use Calibre to download my instapaper feed and then transfer it to my kindle touch via USB cable. If I did that, then in the menu for the kindle it would list Instapaper and then right next to it would be the date that it was downloaded.

If I use the email function in calibre to email it to my @free.kindle.com address then it shows "calibre" in the spot where the author would be for a normal book.

Is there any way to get calibre to name it by the date? As in Instapaper-11January or something similar?

Thanks
largeboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #36
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Dont send it via email, use USB. Amazon broke email delivery of periodicals on newer kindles recently.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #37
tbgallant
tbgallant began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to enter my username and password correctly into this recipe. I have tried everything. I thought I was simply to replace just replaced the 'username' and 'password' in the following:

br['username'] = self.username
if self.password is not None:
br['password'] = self.password

with my username and password.. that hasn't seem to work?

Thanks for the help!
tbgallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
khromov
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbgallant View Post
I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to enter my username and password correctly into this recipe. I have tried everything. I thought I was simply to replace just replaced the 'username' and 'password' in the following:

br['username'] = self.username
if self.password is not None:
br['password'] = self.password

with my username and password.. that hasn't seem to work?

Thanks for the help!
You set the password inside the Calibre interface when you schedule the feed downloads. Let me know if you need any further assistance.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #39
ubieubie
ubieubie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by khromov View Post

Download all articles instead of just first page (20 articles)
This will be added in a future update.
Was this added and is it functioning correctly?
Im only getting the 1st page of articles.
Do i need to change something in the reciepe to allow this.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great recipe
ubieubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #40
khromov
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubieubie View Post
Was this added and is it functioning correctly?
Im only getting the 1st page of articles.
Do i need to change something in the reciepe to allow this.

Thanks for all the hard work on a great recipe
It's available in the development version, check inside the dev folder.
https://bitbucket.org/khromov/calibre-instapaper/src
Old 02-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #41
ubieubie

thanks
im having trouble figureing out where to add my custom folders. Do i place them directly under the 2 examples or further down by unread and liked feeds.
Thanks again
Old 02-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #42
khromov
Connoisseur

Quote:
thanks
im having trouble figureing out where to add my custom folders. Do i place them directly under the 2 examples or further down by unread and liked feeds.
Thanks again
It says in the help section:
"Set your own custom folders here, simply re-paste the example line below for each new folder you need."

It's implied that you put them underneath the example.

In other news
The text view on Instapaper.com has changed today, so there's some junk on top of every article. I will be releasing a fix for this in a day or two.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #43
khromov
Connoisseur

I have fixed the stable and dev branches to incorporate the new change to layout on Instapaper.com

Commit info:
https://bitbucket.org/khromov/calibr...t/e0b8c04df4c5

Direct download:
https://bitbucket.org/khromov/calibr...get/master.zip
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
ubieubie

sigh Still dont understand I guess. Tried adding directly under the examples with and without a #. With it doesnt download from the folder taking the # out it breaks the recipe.
Sorry Im having so much trouble with this.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #45
khromov
Connoisseur

Quote:
sigh Still dont understand I guess. Tried adding directly under the examples with and without a #. With it doesnt download from the folder taking the # out it breaks the recipe.
Sorry Im having so much trouble with this.
The hashtag disables the line, so you should not include it.

Don't worry, it's probably just a silly error - go ahead and post the folder(s) you are trying to add (the exact code) here on the forum and I'll check what could be causing the issue.