Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
swoop
swoop began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
How to disable cover being the first page for TXT -> EBUP

When I convert my TXT books to ePUB, I always get the cover as the first page. Can this be disabled?
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Try Convert - EPUB Output and check the 'No default cover' box.

It only seems to work if you haven't stored a cover for the book in Edit Metadata.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
swoop
swoop began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Try Convert - EPUB Output and check the 'No default cover' box.

It only seems to work if you haven't stored a cover for the book in Edit Metadata.
That is my problem. I'd like the cover be displayed in list of books (in iBooks, etc.), but not when I open the book. Is there a chance for this feature to be added later?
swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop View Post
That is my problem. I'd like the cover be displayed in list of books (in iBooks, etc.), but not when I open the book. Is there a chance for this feature to be added later?
That would probably have to work on a per-device basis. If the ePub contains a cover, most readers display the cover as the first page- only the Kindle doesn't, to my knowledge. If the ePub doesn't contain a cover, the readers should fall back to whatever default cover they display or generate from the file (mine displays the filename in a somewhat unreadable fashion...). So, in order for this to work, Calibre would have to generate the thumbnail for the device and send it along with the book, which only works if the device caches thumbnails instead of generating them on the fly.

TL;DR: You'd have to change every device interface plugin. Probably won't happen, but you could try asking.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote