Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #91
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Glad you are up and running with it, though I must confess that putting over 2,500 books into the same series isn't quite the standard use case I had in mind!

As for defaulting the series name - that is something I won't change. It is far too useful for people wanting to do quick renaming etc of the series to have the existing name present. The series name is displayed both in the dropdown and in a column next to each and every book - I'm afraid there are no excuses for not seeing what the new name is
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #92
mumdigau
mumdigau began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Glad you are up and running with it, though I must confess that putting over 2,500 books into the same series isn't quite the standard use case I had in mind!

As for defaulting the series name - that is something I won't change. It is far too useful for people wanting to do quick renaming etc of the series to have the existing name present. The series name is displayed both in the dropdown and in a column next to each and every book - I'm afraid there are no excuses for not seeing what the new name is
Ok, see your point. It's really not a big issue for me since I always make a backup before I do bigger changes in the library.

Best regards

mumdigau
mumdigau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #93
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Kiwidude,

It looks like Manage Series is broken (running Calibre 0.9.20).

I can select a number of books to fix the series, it will let me shift them up & down in the list to correct the series index, but as soon as I try to lock an index, it bombs with the following error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.9.20
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 584, in assign_index
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 34, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.dialogs", line 56, in initialize_controls
TypeError: QDoubleSpinBox.setValue(float): argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

Update: it seems to happen when there is a book in the list that wasn't part of the series originally (i.e. it doesn't have a series & series index yet). If all books already have a series and series index things work fine.

Last edited by mbovenka; 02-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #94
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FYI, I can duplicate this error. But what I see is the error occurring when I try to index-lock a book without a series. If the book already has a series, or if I've entered a new series name, it works without error.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #95
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds like a bug that will have been in there a long time. Will take a look later and put a fix out, thx for pointing it out and isolating it guys.
Advert
Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #96
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, I can duplicate this error. But what I see is the error occurring when I try to index-lock a book without a series. If the book already has a series, or if I've entered a new series name, it works without error.
Yep, I played with it some more, and you're right.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #97
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.6 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix bug where trying to lock series index for a book without a series
  • Prevent plugin being used in Device View or on Device View context menu
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #98
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Calibre shows i have an update for this plug in but when i install it and calibre restarts, it still shows has being 1.2.5 and says i have an update available.

i have tried uninstall and the reinstall but it still shows 1.2.5 as being the version i have.

Any ideas would be appreciated
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #99
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

alanHD -thanks for pointing this out, please try to download again now. The attachment to the post wasn't updated with the new version. Second time this has happened for me with Chrome, very strange.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #100
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
Thanks, it updated fine now.

You rock.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #101
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Looks like this is broken in Calibre 0.9.29

Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.29
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Assigning to this object is forbidden

File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 51, in manage_series
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 102, in get_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.book", line 21, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 182, in deepcopy
File "copy.py", line 163, in deepcopy
File "copy.py", line 257, in _deepcopy_dict
File "copy.py", line 190, in deepcopy
File "copy.py", line 334, in _reconstruct
File "copy.py", line 358, in _reconstruct
File "site-packages\calibre\library\field_metadata.py", line 427, in __setitem__
AttributeError: Assigning to this object is forbidden
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #102
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
kiwidude:

As of this morning, I'm getting the same error, running Calibre 9.29 [Windows 64 bit version] on a Win 7 - 64 bit machine, with version 1.2.6 of the Manage Series plugin. I have not tried the plug in on a different version, though I can try the Mac OS at home after work.

I've re-started Calibre several times. I'm not sure what other information you need to help diagnose it. The plug in worked under Calibre 9.28 [same versions of everything else] up through late afternoon May 2nd.

THANK YOU so much for all you do with these plug ins.

calibre, version 0.9.29
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:Assigning to this object is forbidden

File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 51, in manage_series
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.action", line 102, in get_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.manage_series.book", line 21, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 182, in deepcopy
File "copy.py", line 334, in _reconstruct
File "copy.py", line 358, in _reconstruct
File "site-packages\calibre\library\field_metadata.py", line 427, in __setitem__
AttributeError: Assigning to this object is forbidden
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@kiwidude: You should probably be using deepcopy_metadata() not deepcopy() or even safer:

newmi = Metadata(_('Unknown'), other=oldmi)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #104
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.2.7 released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix issue introduced with changes to calibre in v0.9.29

Thanks to Kovid for identifying the fix.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #105
GeekyGal
Enthusiast
GeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavensGeekyGal is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle FireHD, Kindle3G, iPad, MacBook, iRex Illiad (ret)
Wink

Kiwidude & Kovid:

Perfect. Thank you so much.

GeekyGal
GeekyGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manage series