Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Keith24249
Keith24249 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Red face Why can't I open a book in File menu after download

Hi There,
I have just downloaded STANZA for Windows Vista. All went well until a window opened requesting me to open a new book in the File menu. When I opened the File menu there were no books to open. What can I do next?
Regards
Keith
Keith24249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Keith and welcome to MobileRead. If you don't get an answer soon, you might try posting your question on the iPod section
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 04:52 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Interesting conundrum. You have downloaded Stanza....

Have you downloaded any books ... Check your download to see where windows has put the files, they may need re-locating to where Stanza can see them ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Hi Keith, welcome.
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #6
Keith24249

Hi Geoff,

I haven't managed to download any books yet I can't get past the window requesting me to download book in File menu (see attached screen dump of problem window). The files have been saved to C:\Users\Keith Burgess\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope you can help

Keith
Attached Files
File Type: doc Stanza 1.doc (80.5 KB, 252 views)
Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith24249 View Post
Hi Geoff,

I haven't managed to download any books yet I can't get past the window requesting me to download book in File menu (see attached screen dump of problem window). The files have been saved to C:\Users\Keith Burgess\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope you can help

Keith
Try downloading a book (epub) from here >> Patricia Clark Memorial Library
Drop the epub file into your desktop (for now)
Then
File >> Open File >> Desktop >> *****.epub

If that works, then Stanza is okay. You just need to source a book and place it somewhere safe in your PC (I have mybooks)....

You may want to look at Calibre Forum ... as a library on your PC ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:28 AM   #8
Keith24249

Hi Geoff,

Many thanks for this advice. I have managed to download a book as you suggested and opened it up in Stanza. I think Stanza must automatically think that you are downloading it to open epub books that you have already downloaded to a PC and I was being thrown by the message. I will certainly look at Calibre as a PC based library for my books. Once agian thank you for your patience and time to solve my problem.
Regards
Keith

Tags
post download problem