Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
S.S.
S.S. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS350
Issue with text/display

Okay so I've been noticing lately that sometimes when I'm reading, the text color will become lighter (faded) at times. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, but it's still not normal because when I turn the page it's slightly darker. Anyone else having this issue? A few times when I've looked up a word in the dictionary and then went back to the book, parts were lighter AND darker--not even. Again this goes away when I turn the page.

I hope this made sense.
S.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
In the example of when you looked up a word in the dictionary, is the text that is lighter where the dictionary defition was? If so, it is showing residual background from the dictionary text. I get this light/dark text after being in the menu then going directly to reading my book. Text darkness is even after turning one page.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
S.S.
S.S. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS350
Pretty much, yeah. Also going to the homepage and then back to the book causes unevenness. Etc. Well at least I'm not the only one. The way of e-ink I suppose, huh? I'll just stick with the reader. You've eased my mind anyway, so thanks.
S.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Mine also shows this effect.
Especcially at the first page when I start continue reading after the reader went into standby.
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
This is a known hardware issue with the Pearl screen. There was a really long thread about this back when the 350/650 just came out and a bunch of "experiments" were done to figure out the issue. Furthermore, this issue has come up on the K3 threads several times.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

eInk screens naturally behave in this manner, especially if the previous screen had a big contrast to the current screen. In other words, a screen with a lot of black from an image background will probably cause ghosting on a subsequent screen with text. With the K3 you can do a screen refresh (ALT + G) to clear it up. I don't know if the Sonys have a screen refresh option, but page forward then page backward and it should clear up.