Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 AM   #31
Infovore
Infovore began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3 R2
Hi all and Thanks lunohod for your work!

I'd like to try out fbreader, if I got it right there are two options: installing the modified firmware or adding the fbreader files as explained in lunohod's post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
I've just added the fbreader files into /usr/share directory and exchanged the /usr/lib/libfb2.so with a link to /home/lib/libfb2.so, so it is possible to hotswap the fb2 plugin without flashing the new firmware.
Could someone please provide detailed step by step instructions on how to perform this (specially on how to link /usr/lib/libfb2.so to /home/lib/libfb2.so)?

I have also a terminology question: Does hotswapping mean that you can choose which reader to use just by copying the pertinent libfb2.so to the /home/lib/libfb2.so directory?

The second option would be to install the modified firmware.

In that case: Is it still necessary with the latest lunohod FW versions to create a lib directory in the internal flash and copy the libfb2.so into it -as described in lunohod's first post? or are this modifications already coded into the modified firmware?

Thanks all for your help

Last edited by Infovore; 05-21-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Infovore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #32
Infovore

Eventually I figured it out by myself. I installed the newer FW posted in this thread and lunohod's scripts. Now switching between coolreader and fbreader works like a charm.

Last edited by Infovore; 05-22-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #33
Infovore

An Update has been released yesterday:

http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8271
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #34
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunohod View Post
I'm porting FBReader to the lbook v3. You can try it by flashing the modified firmware. Here are the instructions:

* flash this fw: V3_20080129_LIB1503_2.zip
(this is the modification of the recent original lbook fw)
* create a directory in the internal flash named 'lib'
* copy this file into lib directory: libfb2.so

After that, fb2 and fb2.zip files will be opened with the fbreader plugin. Other formats supported by fbreader can also be viewed, but you need to zip them first and rename the resulting archive to *.fb2.zip.

You can also change some settings in the .FBReader/ui.xml file in the internal flash, here is my sample config: ui.xml

There is a possibility to hot-swap the fb2 plugin with just swapping the libfb2.so file in the lib directory. Here are the plugin from the original lbook fw: libfb2.so and the new beta version of the same plugin: libfb2.so
Dear Lunohod:

I am interested in finding out more about porting FBReader into a Hanlin V3 and about porting FB Reader into a whole new line of eBook Readers. I also am hoping you have some experience in porting eReader.

If you can, can you leave me a private message with your email address and I then can give you mine!

Robert B
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 AM   #35
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
How can I tweak hanlin firmware to out my own fbreader - the one with middle eastern languages support. Could you please give me some pointers?
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #36
ali_sade
Enthusiast
ali_sade began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700BC, Hanlin V3
Could you please give me some pointers where to start to manipulate existing Hanlin firmwares to enable new feature like the addition of fbreader as you did.
ali_sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #37
wacol
wacol began at the beginning.

Device: ezready hanlin v3
any plan to merge the FBReader porting code to the latest V3 firmware (2.02)?
thx.
wacol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 AM   #38
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Why not give OpenInkPot distribution a try on the V3
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:51 AM   #39
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacol View Post
any plan to merge the FBReader porting code to the latest V3 firmware (2.02)?
thx.
No...
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #40
wacol
wacol began at the beginning.

Device: ezready hanlin v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
Why not give OpenInkPot distribution a try on the V3
I have, I really like the feature being able to format the screen output dynamically(get rid of the damn hyphen!). However, I would like to be able to checkout DRM ebooks from my local library as well.

When the Live version 0.2> is stable enough I would give it a try again.
wacol is offline   Reply With Quote