Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #1
parasit
parasit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPhone 3G, Sony Clie
Ebooks language

Hi,
I cant find any book in my language, probably theres no books in polish.
Maybe a good idea would be to add the "language" field for the added information about the books?
Books ca be filtered, searched, etc by language.

BR
Parasit
parasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
We add the language name to the tags and to the title, but I agree it would be good to have a dedicated language field (with the possibility of multiple choices).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There are future plans for upgrading the book section -- from new screens to upload the books to new ways to find books. Enhanced meta data, including a language field, will also be added.

When the current system was built MobileRead was a smaller community. HarryT started the section and is still the editor of the book download area. At the start it was for Sony LRF format books only and there were no tags. Today it supports four (4) main formats with about five (5) scattered minor ones in the "Other" section.

We are just at the very start of drawing up the requirements for the new book section so now is a great time to offer suggestions for what you would like to see in the new, enhanced book download area. There is no set timeframe for this enhancement -- it may be soon, it may be later, it all depends on the time available and other requirements.

So tell us what you would like to see....
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Upgrading the book uploads would be good. Right now, simply browsing is next to impossible because of the 10,000+ titles and multiple formats and duplicates. Searching by author takes a long time. And I never have been able to search for a specific title and actually find it.

Those uploads should be the best part of MR, but the hassle of trying to find anything there makes it almost not worth the trouble of searching. I know that I would love to download more of them, if only it was easier to find what I'm looking for.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Filter by language would be great, first of all. I took German in HS, but have difficulty browsing the current books because every time I see something I want, it's in German!

(not going to mention how long ago HS was)

Better search and/or browsing, by author, title, keyword and format, of course.

Last edited by khalleron; 06-04-2009 at 09:25 AM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
There is no set timeframe for this enhancement -- it may be soon, it may be later, it all depends
Are you involved in doing Bookeen firmware upgrades by any chance?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Filter by language would be great, first of all. I took German in HS, but have difficult browsing the current books because every time I see something I want, it's in German!
I will take this as compliment on our german uploaders.

Current statistics: >=1000 german uploads vs. >=10000 english uploads

So yes we need a language filter (or something similiar) but it doesn't seem to be such a big issue yet...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:27 AM   #8
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I will take this as compliment on our german uploaders.

Current statistics: >=1000 german uploads vs. >=10000 english uploads

So yes we need a language filter (or something similiar) but it doesn't seem to be such a big issue yet...
Hey, I think it's *great* we have so many uploads in so many languages. I wish I were better educated - or that what I had had taken better.

But it didn't, so would really love a language filter. Pretty please?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And I never have been able to search for a specific title and actually find it.
I am at a slight loss to understand why this should be the case.

1. Click "E-Books" on the blue bar at the top of the screen.
2. Click "Browse Latest Uploads".
3. Click "Search E-Books" at the right side of the screen.
4. Type in the name (full or partial) of the title, and press <Enter>

You will get a list of all the titles which match.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I am at a slight loss to understand why this should be the case.

1. Click "E-Books" on the blue bar at the top of the screen.
2. Click "Browse Latest Uploads".
3. Click "Search E-Books" at the right side of the screen.
4. Type in the name (full or partial) of the title, and press <Enter>

You will get a list of all the titles which match.
Only if you start correctly. So "the forests of maine" and "forest of maine" will not get any hits. Only "forests of maine" will give you hits. Compared to how search works in other places nowadays this is a not a good implementaion of search.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It may not be perfect, but to state that it "never" works I do find a little strange.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It may not be perfect, but to state that it "never" works I do find a little strange.
Well, you will only try a couple of times and if you make a simple spelling mistake when you try it you will give up thinking it is not working.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, you will only try a couple of times and if you make a simple spelling mistake when you try it you will give up thinking it is not working.
I can see that as a problem for non-English speakers seeking English titles. However, a quick search for maine turned turned up the book right away so perhaps a broader search would be more rewarding.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote