Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #346
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Replicated below... sorry.

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 03-25-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #347
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This is the state as of the latest snapshot:
Code:
grep share kindle-touch/kindle-touch-l10n/src/5.0.3/framework/com/amazon/ebook/booklet/reader/resources/DetailViewFactoryResources_pt_BR.properties 
share.book.label=Diga que leu esse livro
This is exactly what I see on Transifex as well. So, no bug here.
I didn't explain well... The change on Transifex is ok, maybe in the snapshot too, but even uninstalling and installing again, it keeps showing the old translation.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #348
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I'm totally dumbstruck.
So I tried to reproduce this, and guess what: you're right.

Before updating to the newest transifex state, the latest version here was "Compartilhar que você terminou a leitura deste livro". Now it is "Diga que leu esse livro", and this is also what is contained in the resource bundle.

However, the Kindle shows *yet another* version, namely "Compartilhe com os outros que você concluiu". I cannot for the life of me figure out where it comes from.

For the time being, all I can say is that the end actions sharing stuff seems to be some code involving Voodoo, combined with Santeria and Satanism

Seriously, I have no clue. I'm not going to test it for myself, but you could try a full factory reset and see if it changes anything.

Update: I just checked this with the german version. There, the translation on Transifex reads "Mitteilen, dass Sie dieses Buch durchgelesen haben", while the Kindle says "Veröffentlichen, dass Sie fertig sind". Since I did the translation myself, I am sure that we never translated it that way. As the "sharing" screen only appears after you registered your Kindle with Amazon (meaning that you were online at least once), I am now 99% sure that this is something that we cannot influence, but that Amazon is pushing these things to the device somehow(TM).

Update2: This is what is happening in the logs (with debugOn.sh) when you hit this "rating" page:
Code:
   120326:064816 cvm[1202]: D ACXManagerInterface:DebugInfo::pACXManagerImpl.startACX() called{ewcHostId=com.lab126.booklet.reader, readerArg={"pageBounds":{"text":null,"range":{"begin":"664609","end":"664649"}},"contentItem":{"asin":"4733f9d3-ee35-4271-8f4c-41b9947bb981","contentGuid":"XXX","title":"XXX","author":"XXX","publisherId":null},"readerSettings":{"fontSize":2,"lineSpacing":2,"fontFamily":"serif"},"navigation":{"position":"664549"},"contentMetadata":{"contentLocale":"de","isPageNumberingSupported":true,"cdeType":"EBOK","endOfBookPosition":"664549","startReadingPosition":"109","contentLanguage":null},"eventName":"onposition"}}
   120326:064816 cvm[1202]: D ACXManagerInterface:DebugInfo::Encoded arguments: app://com.lab126.EndActions?ewcHostId=com.lab126.booklet.reader&readerArg=%7b%22pageBounds%22%3a%7b%22text%22%3anull%2c%22range%22%3a%7b%22begin%22%3a%22664609%22%2c%22end%22%3a%22664649%22%7d%7d%2c%22contentItem%22%3a%7b%22asin%22%3a%224733f9d3-ee35-4271-8f4c-41b9947bb981%22%2c%22contentGuid%22%3a%22XXX%22%2c%22title%22%3a%22XXX%22%2c%22author%22%3a%22XXX%22%2c%22publisherId%22%3anull%7d%2c%22readerSettings%22%3a%7b%22fontSize%22%3a2%2c%22lineSpacing%22%3a2%2c%22fontFamily%22%3a%22serif%22%7d%2c%22navigation%22%3a%7b%22position%22%3a%22664549%22%7d%2c%22contentMetadata%22%3a%7b%22contentLocale%22%3a%22de%22%2c%22isPageNumberingSupported%22%3atrue%2c%22cdeType%22%3a%22EBOK%22%2c%22endOfBookPosition%22%3a%22664549%22%2c%22startReadingPosition%22%3a%22109%22%2c%22contentLanguage%22%3anull%7d%2c%22eventName%22%3a%22onposition%22%7d
Update 3:
Code:
[root@kindle local]# sqlite3 appreg.db .dump|grep -i endact
INSERT INTO "handlerIds" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','location','/opt/amazon/acw/endactions.acx');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','eventTypes','onposition onbookopen onrestore');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','uuid','2C7330F9-1547-4EEA-AE46-2BB199E8FB59');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','displayName','Before you go...');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','viewModes','windowed hidden');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','requiresRegistration','true');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','version','1.0');
INSERT INTO "properties" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','acxId','http://kindle.amazon.com/ns/widgets/EndActions');
INSERT INTO "associations" VALUES('com.lab126.EndActions','acx','MT:application/x-kindle-acx','false');
Finally, /opt/amazon/acw/endactions.acx is simply a zipped file containing a few HTML pages. It contains de, en-gb, es, fr, it, and pt localizations. And it contains exactly the strings we are seeing.

Last edited by ixtab; 03-26-2012 at 01:04 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 AM   #349
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Confirm that I did not do this translation as well.

Another nasty little bug:
Having german localisation and german keyboard. If you tap on the homescreen on "Seite 1 von ..." a window opens, where you can choose, to jump to a certain page. But if you tap on the button, the keyboard dissapears, only black.
If you have activated US keyboard as well, you can switch between the keyboards and you have the numbers.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #350
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@diba: I *think* that this is not directly related to the localization, but to the keyboard layouts that come bundled with the Kindle.

For some reason, KT keyboard layouts have never been prominently addressed in this thread. I guess all the russian folks figured it out among themselves . I do recall some requests for a czech keyboard, and for a chinese one.

For all but the russian (which can be found on relevant pages), and the chinese (which is probably impossible with the current Kindle) ,they seem to never have been gone any further... probably because the KT keyboard is "good enough" for most of us reading here -- it includes the latin characters, and also many "extended" latin characters, out of the box.

I took a look at the keyboard specification files (which are pure XML, by the way). They are all pretty simple to understand, and it is (IMO) very straightforward to write keyboard layouts for the KT.

So finally coming back to your particular question: At this moment, I do *not* recommend using the german keyboard. The simple reason is that all german letters can be easily obtained from the "english" keyboard. (For instance: long-press "s", and you get the "ß" option).

More importantly, the german keyboard (and I suppose many others as well) are *NOT* complete. There is a separate "numbers-only" keyboard layout, which is required for the locking and unlocking of the device ("Settings -> Security Code" or similar). If you don't use the default keyboard, you may be screwed.

PS: in this post, I'm only talking about the keyboard layouts which are initially distributed with the KT. I do not know if there are, nor am I addressing, "keyboard packs" for individual languages.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #351
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Agree, that this most likely is a keyboard issue, because changing the keyboard or adding an english one helps to solve this. You can easily switch by hitting the "world" button.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #352
Antoinekamel
Addict

Post Searching strings in everything

Ixtab,

I see you've searched for the string in all the content... Can I do the same? (At the moment, I have to open file by file of framework to search something.)

Thank you.

EDIT: And, well, if not, and if you can do that for me, for instance I'm wanting the files that cointain "download" (and downloading etc.) and the restart screen ("Please wait while your Kindle starts up", or something like that).

EDIT 2: Here and there, I found everything ('cause I've gone everywhere!). No need to worry.

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 03-26-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 AM   #353
diba
Addict

Any hint how to expand the german keyboard with the figures? If I see, how some of you solve much more complex things, I think this is something that I could do probably by myself, if someone is pushing me in the right direction. ;-)
Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #354
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
@ixtab
eureka posted Russian KTouch keyboard at the-ebook.org. I think he can share more details on layout & making keyboards if you ask him 'cause he did at least 3 different versions of rus keyboard...
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #355
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Any hint how to expand the german keyboard with the figures? If I see, how some of you solve much more complex things, I think this is something that I could do probably by myself, if someone is pushing me in the right direction. ;-)
Check thread Kindle Touch add new keyboard.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:17 AM   #356
diba
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
@ixtab
eureka posted Russian KTouch keyboard at the-ebook.org. I think he can share more details on layout & making keyboards if you ask him 'cause he did at least 3 different versions of rus keyboard...
THX, but my knowledge about kyrillic characters and russian language is veeeeeeery poor. "Nastrowie", "stoi", "drugie werch" and "Ina slushajet radio" is all I can say, and I think I spelled it horribly.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #357
diba
Addict

OK, no clue, why the files are close to be identical, but the numbers do not show up on german keyboard.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #358
Antoinekamel
Addict

Cool One last fix for pt-BR...

Finally I can say that pt-BR translation of Kindle Touch is almost 100%... The only problem now is that, in an audible book, it shows the progress as:

\1\:22:33 -\0\:30:22

That is, the hour part of the playing is shown between "\". I don't remember seeing it, and I searched too, but did not find.

Do anyone know what is it and what can I do to fix?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #359
diba
Addict

Keyboard issue will be fixed by Amazon ;-) , Touch announced to be sold in Germany with the same 5 languages as K4. Assume they will deliver a new firmware including these languages.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #360
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

@Antoinekamel
Probably you used incorrect number of slashes. Have a deep look into original version... Anyway this string looks like it shouldn't be localized at all.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote