Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: October 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson 22 25.88%
Risen by Jan Strnad 41 48.24%
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay 22 25.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #91
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
And what is truth.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #92
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
ok! This is the first MR Book Club in which I've participated, so I just wanted to be sure of how it worked!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #93
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
ok! This is the first MR Book Club in which I've participated, so I just wanted to be sure of how it worked!
Jon's in charge (or thinks he is), ask him.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #94
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Jon's in charge (or thinks he is), ask him.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #95
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't like disturbing people on the pot. Sometimes it gets, uh, well..... and he's been on there a LONG time already!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #96
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Watching him on the webcam, Grace?
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #97
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Yeah, the webcam avatar that MR has so helpfully set up for us....

Is it the 20th yet? Can we start now?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #98
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

I have trouble ignoring threads for that long.

Just write your thoughts in a document and save it on your PC somewhere... so you won't forget what you wanted to say... then when the thread opens you can post it asap.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #99
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Just write your thoughts in a document and save it on your PC somewhere... so you won't forget what you wanted to say... then when the thread opens you can post it asap.

BOb
What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #100
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
What was that book again we were reading?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:20 AM   #101
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I plan on having this finished by the time the 20th rolls around, but I'll be honest.....I'm having a really hard time getting into it.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:11 AM   #102
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I plan on having this finished by the time the 20th rolls around, but I'll be honest.....I'm having a really hard time getting into it.
What's stopping you?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #103
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Probably the fact that I fall asleep every time I try to read it.
I'm 175 pages in and it's taken me over a week to get that far.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #104
kennyc

Oh....that's my problem.....

Old 10-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #105
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Probably the fact that I fall asleep every time I try to read it.
I'm 175 pages in and it's taken me over a week to get that far.
What's a page?
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote