Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
ligatures and indent questions

I have a pdf file (or 50) that I am curious about.

Best results are converting to rtf and then to epub

When I convert to rtf I get a question mark after fl or fi. These are ligatures I believe but they look ok except for the question mark (at least it isn't in a grey diamond
Easy to solve by search and replace and much better than the missing letters I used to have but I am curious why the question mark?

These files have randomly indented text. Some have normal tab character and some have invisible tab character and some have little black squares when show/hide is in show mode.
If I indent all my paragraphs these (black squares) indent farther and if I left align these lines are indented.

Does not make the book hard to read but seems a little odd.
I would appreciate any insight
Thanks
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
PDF conversion is an error prone process. Best bet is to open a bug on the bug tracker and submit a sample to see if there is anything to be done about it.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not important enough for that
Quality of conversion is still a lot better than last time I tried and quite good enough.
Just wondering
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote