Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
make calibre-server use a lock file?

I see there is an option to make calibre-server write the PID to a file. Is this PID a lockfile? If not, is there a way to make calibre-server use a lockfile so multiple instances cannot run?

(I run into this problem because I use initab to respawn calibre-server if it stops running, yet several instances are respawned.)
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre-server is designed to run multiple instances so you can, for instance, serve different libraries on different ports. So no, the pidfile is not a lock file. It should be trivial to create a wrapper script that creates a lock file for you.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM   #3
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It should be trivial to create a wrapper script that creates a lock file for you.
That's a good idea. thanks
I see people using flock.

However, I solved the problem even more easily by removing the "--daemonize" flag!

Last edited by Geremia; 01-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server