Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #1
SvenSND
SvenSND began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 with Moon+ Reader, Windows 7 & 8 with Calibre
Moon+ Reader Pro : highlights sharing with Calibre ?

Hye all MobileRead community members

I'm using Moon+ Reader on Android, and Calibre on Windows for reading my ebooks.

I'm used to highligh the important parts for working. I'm wondering is there is a way to share these highlights between devices, and especially with Calibre ?

Is there a way to save these highlights directly in the epub files and not in separated files ?

Thanks, have a nice day
SvenSND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:03 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The IPDF has still not standardized annotations. Most devices/apps use their own custom schemes.

I suggest seeing if you can export your highlights from the reader app as plaintext.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
SvenSND

Thanks eschwartz !!
I can export them into a plain text file, but i can't find how to import them ? I have the same problem export/import, between android devices
Old 05-10-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The best you can hope for is exporting them and reading with Notepad.
Importing would require that the device/app maker built an import/export functionality in.

(Although a number of apps/devices that use Adobe RMSDK use a common annotations scheme, for which people have successfully swapped in the raw data files extracted from another device/app's data storage areas. I don't believe that is the case with Moon+.)
Old 05-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #5
SvenSND

Thanks again. There's no import function unfortunately. I fact i'd like the highlights to be directly put in the epub, so that i can read it anywhere with the note. But it doesn't seem to be possible ?!
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 02:41 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Well, you can always manually edit the EPUB using calibre's E-Book Editor, and include the highlights as part of the book itself, with notes appearing inline.

But as I said above, there is currently no standard that would allow you to annotate an ebook in a way that follows the book around from app to app.
The IPDF would much rather play around with embedding videos in your books.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #7
SvenSND

Yes, but i mainly use my nexus tab to read during every day travels, calibre is only on my computer . Seems there's no solution