Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 11:37 PM   #1291
tesseractcat
Enthusiast
tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!tesseractcat rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kindle Voyage
Hi, quick question. When I enable 2 panel view, it goes "Fullscreen" -> "Top 'Panel' " -> "Bottom 'Panel' " -> Next page. Is there any way to skip the fullscreen step, i.e. just show two panels per page?
tesseractcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:09 AM   #1292
Kambei85
Kambei85 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Thank you for your incredible work?

I've a kobo forma. I would like to know if there is a mode in KCC to make kepub without touching the size or gama of the originals images from my cbr files?

Thanks
Kambei85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:20 AM   #1293
kemala.ang
kemala.ang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
How to enable landscape mode when reading manga on kindle?

As per title. I am converting the jpeg files to mobi using KCC but I am unable to rotate it to landscape mode. Anyone knows? Thanks.
kemala.ang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #1294
Expeledor
Expeledor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Trouble

Hi, after a long time without using KCC , i can't convert anything. I have tried deleting all the files and reinstalling it, but haven't found luck. How do i fix it?
Thanks in advance
Expeledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:43 AM   #1295
TheKillingBean
TheKillingBean began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I have a Kobo Libra H20, but I can't find a profile in the dropdown menu. Is this profile going to be added?
TheKillingBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:07 PM   #1296
fbriere
fbriere began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKillingBean View Post
I have a Kobo Libra H20, but I can't find a profile in the dropdown menu. Is this profile going to be added?
I have submitted a pull request adding support for the Kobo Clara HD and Libra H2O.
fbriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #1297
fbriere
fbriere began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marian42 View Post
I have noticed that when there is a white or black page with one small picture (for example it right bottom corner of page), KCC will crop only this picture and since I am using resample/streach setting, this small picture is resizied to full resolution of my reader. So it means that approximately 85% of the picture is cropped (because there is just white or black space) and one small part of the page is "enlarged". So I would say that the page is "overcropped". In my opinion this significantly changes the layout of page and intention of author how the page should look like.

Therefore I would propose to implement some maximum limit of how much from the page could be cropped (for example no more than 30% of the page; I think that this limit should be sufficient to ensure the main reason for what cropping is used: to cut page borders). If the limit is exceeded than cropping should not happen at all.
This was also bothering me, so I have opened a GitHub issue about your suggestion and submitted a pull request that implements it. With it, KCC now pretty much does exactly what I want, so I hope this can be useful to others as well.

(Heads up to @Valentino, @RZetlin and @sekazi who have also previously expressed interest for such a feature in this thread.)
fbriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #1298
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbriere View Post
With it, KCC now pretty much does exactly what I want, so I hope this can be useful to others as well.
This would be handy for things like the title pages etc where whitespace is an artistic element. I'm in favour.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #1299
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
This was also bothering me, so I have opened a GitHub issue about your suggestion and submitted a pull request that implements it. With it, KCC now pretty much does exactly what I want, so I hope this can be useful to others as well.

(Heads up to @Valentino, @RZetlin and @sekazi who have also previously expressed interest for such a feature in this thread.)
Command line already supports no cropping although the fine tuning is appreciated.

That said, afaik, there's no command line binary provided for KCC so accessing these options would require running from source. I'm more or less a Windows power user but I'm certainly not a programmer. I have python+DeDRM scripts for Windows working but I gave up trying to get KCC to run from source. Opted for the jailbreak + KOReader route, instead.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:41 PM   #1300
aur0n
aur0n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm trying to use this wonderful tool to just crop white spaces in my CBZ comic books. In the settings, I only check the "Color mode" to not lose colors in the process and convert to CBZ again.

The problem is that the generated file is much bigger than the original.
For example, with a 18.7Mb comic book (mostly black and white pages) I get in result a 56.8Mb file. I expected less or almost same size, since it's supposed to just crop white spaces.

Is there any way to fix this?

PS: I'm using the Windows version.
aur0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #1301
StrugglingEReadr
StrugglingEReadr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help.

By a stroke of luck, I found KCC, and with that, I'm able to turn these images into a manga-style epub.

My device is an iPad Pro (11 inch), and I would like to know what's the optimum settings for it.

I tried on my own accord, and struggle to get a double spread to be viewed horizontally without being split into two. The link below should be a useful visual aid:

Link to pirated material redacted.

Thank you for reading, have a great day/night!

Last edited by issybird; 04-08-2020 at 12:17 PM.
StrugglingEReadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #1302
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Do not link to pirated content again.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #1303
enzo80
enzo80 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
ciao ciromattia, sarebbe possibile implementare alla funzione di taglio dei bordi un'impostazione più aggressiva? mi spiego meglio, adesso una volta convertito il fumetto taglia tutto ma il numero di pagina in basso no, quindi rimane ancora un po' di bordo. le app che uso sui tablet, comic rack su android e yac reader su ios, riescono a tagliare tutto perfettamente lasciando solo le vignette, riempendo perciò tutto lo schermo. è possibile fare ciò con il kindle comic converter?
enzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:24 AM   #1304
lalf
lalf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
I have submitted a pull request adding support for the Kobo Clara HD and Libra H2O.
- I have the same issue, my Kobo Clara HD is not in the list of devices supported.
- Also when I convert a cbz to kepub, the name is messed up when converted (file named "Vol.96 Ch.972.cbz" becomes "Vol.kepub.epub" (no problem of naming when using a folder filled with images instead of .cbz file so I think the parsing of the name of the file is probably messed up a bit when recognising the '.' character present in the name of the file as it thinks it's the '.' of the extension).
- Finally, I have this weird issue when I convert, I get this weird black page cropped page between each page of the manga and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I hope these few issues can be fixed, it would make things really better for Kobo Clara HD users.

Outside of this, thank you to the Dev for all the work !

Last edited by lalf; 07-03-2020 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Adding info
lalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #1305
kingchibi
kingchibi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I'm looking for people who seen this error:
Sorry for this, but im in same trouble when using kcc-c2e.py create mobi format. It seem has trouble with path location. How can i solve this? Thank you.
kingchibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools