Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #1471
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
I've seen on the scripts english into the core/lang there is a menus customizer, but i haven't found this script into the addons, is it created?
It's in the core.

Options framework sucks at the moment.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:00 AM   #1472
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
is it posible to use the all scripts shown on the project page in the PRS 505? If It isn't, could you sort the different scripts by type of reader, 505, 300 and 600, to avoid any confusion?

Thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 11-26-2010 at 07:04 AM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #1473
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
is it posible to use the all scripts shown on the project page in the PRS 505? If It isn't, could you sort the different scripts by type of reader, 505, 300 and 600, to avoid any confusion?

Thanks
And where do I put stuff supported by more than one reader, but not by some?
Users don't see it, and devs shouldn't get confused by it.
Look into build script to check which addons are supported by which reader.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #1474
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
For example if i compare the old script core_zLang (version 1.3 for prs 505) and the new, the different languages and the type of date don't appear, so in this case how is it show in the reader the different options to choose?
Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 AM   #1475
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
OK i've seen the different between all.
Advert
Old 11-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #1476
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
You should use the old one. In general, you should use the one with version label corresponding to the version that you are building. In case of 505 you probably want the latest for it, 1.1.3, so it's the old build script.
So, can i create an installer using the new build.xml and configuring the prsp.sample for 505, once the necesary scripts are copied into the tmp folder?

I've rewied the project page, on the lang are missed the menu customizer, status bar, and they aren't renamed the pageindex, clock, statusbarpageindex, statusbarclock.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:48 AM   #1477
kartu
PRS+ author

I'm not yet done with translations, Victor. 2.x.x doesn't work on 505-s yet.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #1478
VICTORSJG
Addict

Quote:
I'm not yet done with translations, Victor. 2.x.x doesn't work on 505-s yet.
Is it posible to use the scripts browsefolders, bookhistory and markmedia on 1.3 version for prs 505 replacing the old, without install the all scripts into core of version 2.x.x?
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #1479
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Is it posible to use the scripts browsefolders, bookhistory and markmedia on 1.3 version for prs 505 replacing the old, without install the all scripts into core of version 2.x.x?
No it's not possible. That's why the version changed so drastically from 1.1.3 to 2.0.x.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #1480
frank0734
frank0734 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92 White Pearl
Hi Kartu,

I found an effort to mount user font directory in PRSInstaller/installer.sh rather than /database/system/PRSPlus/prsp.sh, which just works perfect to display titles and TOC in Chinese, also LRF and txt books.

But the weird thing is about epub:
Before I use the script mentioned above, my epub css in /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/ worked for some epub books, while other epubs could not be displayed.
Now with the modified script, the epub books which used to work with my epub css can not be displayed, while those which did not work with my epub css now can be displayed with the fonts used for system and lrf book...

Seems that the font settting for some of the epub are overridden (however, I can see my css when I go to the More->PRS+ Options->Book viewer options)

I found the script here:
http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

and the re-packed installer can be found here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GIJ5BAES

the script in installer.sh is:

Code:
mount -t vfat -o rw,remount /dev/mtdblock13 /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
rm -R /opt1/dict/prsp >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1

#To uninstall PRS+ comment the next line (put # in the beginning of the line)
cp -r /Data/PRSPInstaller/prsp /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
#mount font
#resize tmp memory for font
/bin/mount -o remount -t tmpfs -o size=16m /dev/shm /tmp >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
cd /tmp
#prepare font files
tar xf /Data/PRSPInstaller/font.tar >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
#replace the original FONT
mount --bind /tmp /opt/sony/ebook/FONT >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1

mount -t vfat -o ro,remount /dev/mtdblock13 /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&
Do you mind telling me how to get those epubs to be displayed correctly?

my css is like (i put my fonts in /fonts/ in the internal memory):

Code:
@font-face {

font-family: "Song"; 
    font-weight: normal; 
    font-style: normal; 
    src: url(res:///Data/fonts/tt0011m_.ttf); 

}

@font-face {

font-weight: bold; 
    font-style: normal; 

}

@font-face {

font-weight: normal; 
    font-style: italic; 

}

body {

font-family: "Song", serif; 
    widows: 0; 
    orphans: 0; 

}

Last edited by frank0734; 11-27-2010 at 11:17 PM.
frank0734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #1481
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
I found an effort to mount user font directory in PRSInstaller/installer.sh rather than /database/system/PRSPlus/prsp.sh, which just works perfect to display titles and TOC in Chinese, also LRF and txt books.
There is a bug #37 so prsp.sh doesn't run indeed, will be fixed in the nearest update.

Now, regarding bugs, remounting entire /tmp to FONT is not the way to go (increasing its size is fine, however)...
So try it this way:
Code:
mount -t vfat -o rw,remount /dev/mtdblock13 /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
rm -R /opt1/dict/prsp >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1

#To uninstall PRS+ comment the next line (put # in the beginning of the line)
cp -r /Data/PRSPInstaller/prsp /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
#mount font
#resize tmp memory for font
/bin/mount -o remount -t tmpfs -o size=16m /dev/shm /tmp >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
mkdir -p /tmp/FONT
cd /tmp/FONT
#prepare font files
tar xf /Data/PRSPInstaller/font.tar >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
#replace the original FONT
mount --bind /tmp/FONT /opt/sony/ebook/FONT >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1

mount -t vfat -o ro,remount /dev/mtdblock13 /opt1/dict  >> /Data/PRSPInstaller/install.log 2>&1
Old 11-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #1482
kartu
PRS+ author

frank0734
By the way, do Chinese use fb2 format for books?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM   #1483
frank0734

Hi Kartu,

Thank you for your codes, they are working as expected.

I don't think fb2 is known by a lot of ebook readers in China. People prefer pdf and epub because of their availablility (especially pdf). Some local manufacturers also bring support for zip/rar format, which is popular for manga. I think another important missing feature in PRS+ is support for djvu. (Another effort which you probably know, ebookapplication.com, has introduced such features). I will definitely try fb2 anyway.

By the way, do you mind looking at some css from the epub I have? As I mentioned, before I used the script, the user css in /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/whatever.css enable my 600 to display some Chinese epub files correctly while other not; after I used the script, the user css seems to be skipped, and epubs previously OK cannot be shown while those used to be messy now can be shown.

I checked several files, and found that,
the previously OK files do not specify fonts in their internal css (and they were displayed according to my user css before I use the script)
the previously NOT OK files did specify fonts and their path (and they could not be shown since I did not have correct system font then before I use the script)

it seems to me that after I run the script to define system fonts, the user defined epub css is skipped.

examples:
previously OK:
http://textsnip.com/89e17d
http://textsnip.com/3b0385

previously NOT OK:
http://textsnip.com/a4a4dc

Not sure if it is anothe bug...

Last edited by frank0734; 11-28-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:38 AM   #1484
kartu
PRS+ author

frank,

path for css file used by adobe viewer in PRS+ is:
/database/system/PRSPlus/epub/style.css

epubuserstyle addon overwrites that file with whatever you choose from options.

You can't see chinese letters without defining fonts in CSS (adobe viewer uses its own fonts, built into executable)
Old 12-03-2010, 02:20 AM   #1485
frank0734

Hi Kartu,

I am happy that you included Chinese localization to the alpha version of prs+. I just fixed some glitches in the translation I provided.

Another problem is that, without proper embedded Chinese font in the firmware, the Chinese menu won't be shown correctly until the user load their own.

Of course, we can load Chinese fonts with scripts. But I think it will be more convenient for users if they have a way to include fonts within the firmware. Will there be any firmware with non-encrypted cramfs system so that we can modify it to include our fonts?

Besides, is the copy right of fonts a problem for PRS+? There are a couple of open-source eastern Asian font which are small enough for PRS600 firmware, so I wonder the possibility to have a branch of PRS+ to include these fonts.

Finally, I am also curious that, does it drains the reader faster if we mount fonts from internal memory for system/txt/LRF and for epub(through css?), rather than use the font in "system memory in activity"? Thanks.

Regards,
Liang
Attached Files
File Type: xml assets.xml (28.2 KB, 433 views)