Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #121
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Wait, wait ...
Are you saying that when you opt for the 70/30 split with all the "features", like they can match the price (even if it is zero) if they find your book discounted somewhere, they still only give you only 35% when you sell to me (non-USA customer)?
Let me tell you, it takes some balls to screw your suppliers *and* customers this way ...
I thought I have read the "small print" on Amazon rules very carefully, but this is news to me.

I am going to buy myself a bucket of popcorn maize, crank up my popcornmaker (that I got to roast my coffeebeans) and watch the titans clash.
Yes - when you opt for 70/30 that only means in US, UK and Canada everywhere else 35%. Also they still charge me on the "author" side .9 cents - for the delivery that they charge you $2 for. Huge Big Brass Cojones doesn't begin to describe it. As a businessman I have nothing but admiration for the model; as a user it hurts - but better than nothing, at least they have given us a chance. Under the old model I'd probably still be writing letters to agents ;-) or not.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #122
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beware the Ides of March... a hundred years from now if your Intelligence Score is less than 100 you are in serious trouble - you've been Tagged.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 AM   #123
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
Beware the Ides of March... a hundred years from now if your Intelligence Score is less than 100 you are in serious trouble - you've been Tagged.
I was definitely thinking that in a few days, it'll be the, uh, "pre-anniversary" of doomsday......

And if you're reading this thread and you want to know more about this uncertain future, enter to WIN a free digital copy on my blog!

(that last bit was a spur-of-the-moment addition- I hadn't planned on posting that when I first started typing, but I suddenly thought "wait, Simon's giving a copy of his book on my blog! I'll let people know! If it's not kosher or anything, let me know and I'll take it off...)
Old 03-14-2011, 02:51 AM   #124
simonroyle
Addict

Yes it's kosher .
Old 03-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #125
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Just wanted to let you know that after seeing your book on MR, it sounded interesting so I bought a copy from Amazon. I am really enjoying it. Am about half way through it.

Carol
Old 03-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #126
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
definitely sounds interesting. looked at a bunch of reviews and what not and decided to pick up a copy from kobobooks.

thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #127
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Just wanted to let you know that after seeing your book on MR, it sounded interesting so I bought a copy from Amazon. I am really enjoying it. Am about half way through it.

Carol
Thank you Carol - that's really great to hear and glad you are enjoying the book. I'd love to hear what you think when you've finished.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #128
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
definitely sounds interesting. looked at a bunch of reviews and what not and decided to pick up a copy from kobobooks.

thanks!
Great! Really glad that the "system" of blogging and getting reviews is working well. The reviews that we get, from bloggers like Gracekrispy, Isabela Morales, Barbara Hightower, and readers kind enough to leave their thoughts on Amazon or Smashwords are so important. As you make clear in your message.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #129
simonroyle
Addict

Tag got a nice review over at Bab's World of books the other day. I was also a guest on her blog talking mainly about food .
Old 03-26-2011, 08:07 AM   #130
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi Simon,

Just wanted to say I'm reading TAG now (at last). I'm about 30% through and I'm really enjoying it.

I've PM'd you with more details.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #131
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This is a great book - 4 stars from me.
Once I get around to it I'll be posting reviews.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #132
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
This is a great book - 4 stars from me.
Once I get around to it I'll be posting reviews.

Regards
Caleb
Thanks Caleb, look forward to reading the review.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:48 AM   #133
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Simon, have you adjusted the price of the book?
Because the price listed in my region seems to be much lower.
If you haven't adjusted the price, then I have great news, that Amazon doesn't add $2 for wireless delivery anymore.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #134
simonroyle
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Simon, have you adjusted the price of the book?
Because the price listed in my region seems to be much lower.
If you haven't adjusted the price, then I have great news, that Amazon doesn't add $2 for wireless delivery anymore.
No I haven't - it looks like you're right. I just went to Amazon and checked a few books.

Great news! Let's hope it lasts.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #135
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonroyle View Post
No I haven't - it looks like you're right. I just went to Amazon and checked a few books.

Great news! Let's hope it lasts.
I have been looking for the last few days.
The only VERY surprising thing is, that I haven't found this info on the frontpage of all e-book centric sites, such as Mobileread, TeleRead ...
This is why I was asking so carefully. I thought I was missing something obvious.

Hint: Consider publishing info on your blog, you might get listed as source on other places ;-)
Hint: Have you ever tried submitting article to Slashdot? [:evil grin:] (make sure to register first. I haven't when I submitted my first thing that got published)

If this turns out to be more than a glitch, it might be BIG.

Last edited by kacir; 04-08-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Closed Thread