Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #121
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorya View Post
The book Miss Fix-It by L. C. Monroe and Nicolette Derens [Romance] JUST ADDED! is NOT FREE! Amazon just charged my account $3.60 for it. When I ordered it, the price was $0.00 but Amazon pulled a switcheroo!
Thanks for the heads up, it has been removed.

I'm planning to break the cheap part of the list into published/self published. Should be done later tonight.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #122
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Sporadic did you not see my post?
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #123
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Sporadic did you not see my post?
No, I did. It will be added at the same time I split the cheap list.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #124
glorya
glorya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon Came Thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It was free, but the promo has ended. They've credited folks back for mistakes before, check your receipt.
I contacted Amazon because they were offering the book for $0.00 but when I ordered they charged me $3.60. I rec'd an email back from Amazon stating that the free offer had been rescinded after a certain length of time and I hadn't met the time constraint; however, they would credit me the charged amount. I wouldn't have complained because of the amount but I am glad I did and all is right with the world again. Thanks to this board for all the help they have given me; and thanks, Amazon. I just wanted to get back to all members that it does pay to complain once in awhile.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #125
Sporadic
Banned

Sorry, my computer was on the fritz for the past few days.

I added a new category Very Cheap Self-Published ($1 and under) for the people who don't want to risk purchasing something that could possibly be subpar quality.

I also added Stalker by Dave Dykema - $0.80 [Suspense] to the list.

Quote:
Dan Freeman loves horror movies. After seeing the movie "Stalker," he gets very enthusiastic about it, emulating the title character and following innocent people around for fun and thrills. He wants to see how close he can get without getting caught. Close enough to eavesdrop on their cell phone conversations? Close enough to smell perfume? Close enough to touch?

Dan suspects his girlfriend of cheating on him. One night, while following her using his newfound skills, Dan finds out an awful truth.

Now the stalker becomes the stalked.
Thanks sirbruce for the heads up.
Advert
Old 04-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #126
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorya View Post
I contacted Amazon because they were offering the book for $0.00 but when I ordered they charged me $3.60. I rec'd an email back from Amazon stating that the free offer had been rescinded after a certain length of time and I hadn't met the time constraint; however, they would credit me the charged amount. I wouldn't have complained because of the amount but I am glad I did and all is right with the world again. Thanks to this board for all the help they have given me; and thanks, Amazon. I just wanted to get back to all members that it does pay to complain once in awhile.
and there ya' are! having returned an item to Amazon and remain unbanned!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #127
Sporadic
Banned

The Bounty: The Malloy Family Book 1 by Beth Williamson [Romance/Erotic] has went from free to $4.40

It has been removed
Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #128
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Alchemyst by Michael Scott available free on Kindle until May 8:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Alchemyst-...dp/B000SCHBGQ/
Old 04-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #129
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

nice work
Old 04-29-2009, 05:03 AM   #130
Sporadic
Banned

Quote:
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott available free on Kindle until May 8:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Alchemyst-...dp/B000SCHBGQ/
Added it to the list.

Thanks
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 AM   #131
sirbruce
Provocateur

Four more, the first two are available for free now, the others should be available for free later today:

Elric: The Stealer of Souls by Michael Moorcock (Epic Fantasy) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013TX6EY

The Axis of Time: Weapons of Choice by John Birmingham (Military SF / Alternate Future) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC1QBK

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian (Vampire Romance) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QCQ8XK

Down River by John Hart (Literary Thriller) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V761W8
Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 AM   #132
Sporadic
Banned

Quote:
Four more, the first two are available for free now, the others should be available for free later today:

Elric: The Stealer of Souls by Michael Moorcock (Epic Fantasy) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013TX6EY

The Axis of Time: Weapons of Choice by John Birmingham (Military SF / Alternate Future) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FC1QBK

Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian (Vampire Romance) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QCQ8XK

Down River by John Hart (Literary Thriller) - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V761W8
Added the two.

Removed The Babysitter's Code by Laura Lippman [Mystery] since the price went from free to $.99
Old 05-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #133
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
This month's $1 book from Orbit is free on Kindle:

Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin

Book Description

I'm Jaz Parks. My boss is Vayl, born in Romania in 1744. Died there too, at the hand of his vampire wife, Liliana. But that's ancient history. For the moment Vayl works for the C.I.A. doing what he does best--assassination. And I help. You could say I'm an Assistant Assassin. But then I'd have to kick your ass.

Our current assignment seemed easy. Get close to a Miami plastic surgeon named Assan, a charmer with ties to terrorism that run deeper than a buried body. Find out what he's meeting with that can help him and his comrades bring America to her knees. And then close his beady little eyes forever. Why is it that nothing's ever as easy as it seems?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #134
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
"Down River" does not appear to be free on Amazon.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #135
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
"Down River" does not appear to be free on Amazon.
if you go back and look at his post, he said they would be free later today. I'm not sure where the server is located, but it is not yet 1030 on the Pacific coast.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books