|
|
#121 | |
|
Addict
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 232
Karma: 539264
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DFW, TX
Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra Colour, iPhone, iPad
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#122 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,667
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
Gene Wolfe Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/u...or-books-books
|
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#123 | |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 55,013
Karma: 182340534
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#124 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,282
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#125 | |||
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 3,154
Karma: 4444444
Join Date: May 2025
Device: Kobo Forma, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
, already have the pile to read full (thanks also, and again, for yours too !).
|
|||
|
|
|
| Advert | |
|
|
|
|
#126 | |
|
Custom User Title
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,870
Karma: 83333333
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
|
Gamer's Kitchen Cookbooks
Quote:
Why is there a Pac-Man cookbook lol |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#127 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,282
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#128 |
|
Is that a sandwich?
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 8,387
Karma: 105529930
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#129 |
|
Custom User Title
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,870
Karma: 83333333
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Canada
Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#130 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,282
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
However, the just using a VPN to buy from another country no longer works. You need to change the location in your account. I don't know if a VPN is also needed. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#131 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,667
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
I've changed my location to US, use a VPN and pay using PayPal. The last is important as if you use the 'wrong' credit/debit card, you get told 'not available in your country'. I believe card numbers are geo-locatable.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#132 |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,282
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Not many places geolocate your credit card. That's why I can buy from Amazon in two countries and Kobo in two countries.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#133 | |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 1,667
Karma: 30496938
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
|
Quote:
To be honest, I usually pay with PayPal; it limits storing credit card details. It's rare these days I have my card details stored. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#134 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,282
Karma: 154365101
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#135 |
|
Wizard
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 2,327
Karma: 13614476
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
|
I bought the Cherryh and Wolfe bundles with a new account I set up "in the US". I had to use a VPN to set the location, but it doesn't seem to matter any more once it is set. I paid via Paypal. I also used a .co.uk email for the US account (a domain I own), which amused me, but I guess doesn't really mean much.
I don't know if it was really worth it, given that I was mainly just replacing paper books I might never re-read, but I guess it wasn't really that much money, either. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Humble Book Bundle: The Best of Robert Silverberg | ownedbycats | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 8 | 05-16-2026 02:27 AM |
| Touch Anyway to remove book bundles from Nook? | Kosst Amojan | Barnes & Noble NOOK | 7 | 03-02-2019 09:00 AM |
| Humble Book bundle True Crime - 18 ebooks for $15 | Dr. Drib | Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links) | 1 | 08-24-2016 09:31 PM |
| Humble bundle to expand e-book and audiobook offerings | skinmaan | News | 3 | 03-13-2014 10:57 AM |
| First O'Reilly titles now available as e-book bundles | wallcraft | News | 18 | 07-17-2008 09:22 PM |