Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2024, 09:38 AM   #121
kentpuait
kentpuait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentpuait View Post
How to return to the previous 4 version? Half does not work on this.
Installed on a libra by chance.
kentpuait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 09:59 AM   #122
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
How to return to the previous 4 version? Half does not work on this.
I think you'll have to do a manual reset process.

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-Kobo-Clara-BW
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #123
kentpuait

I did the reset. Nothing helped. I just installed this version of the firmware on Libra, how can I return to my own for libra?
Old 05-19-2024, 10:49 AM   #124
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
I don't think you were supposed to install that firmware. Post 109 on page seven says do not install on Kobo devices. I went through all the pages of this thread and it looks like this is only for the Torino devices.
gyrene2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 11:05 AM   #125
kentpuait

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
It goes without saying, DO NOT install the above package on Kobo devices, especially any device older than the Libra Colour, and Clara Colour/BW.
What to do if I accidentally installed a Libra Colour?
Advert
Old 05-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #126
Falafelteller
Enthusiast
Falafelteller began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Tolino Vision Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
We wouldn’t know as the Shine / Clara don’t have support for Dropbox.
oh, did not know that. Errors out for me :/
Falafelteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 12:22 PM   #127
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
I did the reset. Nothing helped. I just installed this version of the firmware on Libra, how can I return to my own for libra?
Did you use the factory reset from the settings menu or did you do the hard reset via long button press?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 12:26 PM   #128
kentpuait

Quote:
Did you use the factory reset from the settings menu or did you do the hard reset via long button press?
Yes, already several times, it is just clean with the firmware of the 5th version
Old 05-19-2024, 01:08 PM   #129
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, already several times, it is just clean with the firmware of the 5th version
Yes what?
Old 05-19-2024, 01:09 PM   #130
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Have you tried simply placing the older firmware update into the .kobo folder? At least in the past, a downgrade was possible this way.

Here you can find the official firmwares for all kobo devices: https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 01:24 PM   #131
kentpuait

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Yes what?

Yes, I rebooted several times, it is just clean with the firmware of the 5th version
Old 05-19-2024, 01:25 PM   #132
kentpuait

Quote:
Have you tried simply placing the older firmware update into the .kobo folder? At least in the past, a downgrade was possible this way.

Here you can find the official firmwares for all kobo devices: https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
I also tried several times. Does not update.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:27 PM   #133
kentpuait

I also tried to install the old version several times. Does not update.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:31 PM   #134
rashkae
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, I rebooted several times, it is just clean with the firmware of the 5th version
Instructions for Manual Reset here.
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...o-Libra-Colour
Please be very detailed on what you did if this does not work for you.
Old 05-19-2024, 01:46 PM   #135
kentpuait

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Instructions for Manual Reset here.
https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...o-Libra-Colour
Please be very detailed on what you did if this does not work for you.
Thank you, I already did it in this way, several times.