Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 08:01 PM   #121
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
There are times I am very glad I'm an only child - reading Marc's posts just now is one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...that way only your parents can totally frak you up, right?
I avoided that, too I grew up with my nanna and an aunt. Which explains an awful lot about me, including my love of reading (not going into anything else here, cos some-one will start demanding I pay door-laddies money ). By the time I lived with my mum I was well and truly set in my habits
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #122
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Yeah, you know how it is. They're alright, except for when I look back at them during "downtime", but wearing those blues-coloured glasses t(a)ints everything you look at.

I have a younger sister (she is closest in age to me - only 17 months away - while my brothers are at least 4.5 years older). I once told her that I was going to call my autobiography, My Sister, The Antichrist. She was actually quite pleased with the idea.

Cheers,
Marc
Yeah, I get those "downtime"s myself ... but hey, did you ever stop to think that protracted torture as a child at the hands of evil siblings might be part of WHY we have downtime?? Hmmmmm??? Think about it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #123
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I avoided that, too I grew up with my nanna and an aunt.
I love that you said "Nanna". I don't hear it so much, and tend to use "Grandma" and "Grandpa" when writing in public forums, so people know who I'm talking about ("Pop" seems to be taken for "Dad" sometimes).

We referred to our grandparents as "Nanna and Poppa [surname]" to differentiate, but just "Nanna" and "Poppa" when talking to them. ~sigh~ Now them's pleasant memories (Nanna's chocolate cake/slice was the best ever, to the point where the recipe is now known within family circles as Nanna's Chocolate Cake, with the implied capitalisation).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:10 PM   #124
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
... Think about it.
No, I don't want to. [sticks head in sand again] ~smile~

Cheers,
Marc
Old 12-02-2008, 08:11 PM   #125
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Maybe I was just open-minded to new experience. Did you think of that? No? Neither did I, until just then.
I guess that would be one way to surpress those memories, just reimagine your own willingness to the experience. When you drive past an appliance store do you have flashbacks? When an Electrolux commercial comes on do you dive under the table? Do you see the Maytag repairman as a demonic agent?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #126
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I guess that would be one way to surpress those memories, just reimagine your own willingness to the experience. When you drive past an appliance store do you have flashbacks? When an Electrolux commercial comes on do you dive under the table? Do you see the Maytag repairman as a demonic agent?

-MJ
Oddly, I'm fond of small places with a single entrance I can watch. Those Maytags sure look big and comfy, don't they?

...and re-imagining is the story of my life. As the Buddha said, "We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Of course, with an impure mind, this might explain my occasional certainty of always being followed by a gibbon-shaped shadow wearing a loin-cloth made of leaves.

Cheers,
Adrian
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #127
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
No, I don't want to. [sticks head in sand again] ~smile~

Cheers,
Marc
Don't even try that tack with me, Marc. No more hiding your head in holes unless I'm allowed to watch over you with a loaded elephant gun. Like it or not, mister, I think you are just plain wonderful ... anyone makes you go blue, then they're making me go blue ... and I don't like people who make me go all blue and miserable. Don't like them one tiny bit.

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #128
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
There are times I am very glad I'm an only child - reading Marc's posts just now is one of them
Dito!

Tho I have an Uncle who is only 5 years older than me, and he was sort of like an older "Brother" especially when it came to the tormenting parts.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 AM   #129
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Don't even try that tack with me, Marc. No more hiding your head in holes unless I'm allowed to watch over you with a loaded elephant gun. Like it or not, mister, I think you are just plain wonderful ... anyone makes you go blue, then they're making me go blue ... and I don't like people who make me go all blue and miserable. Don't like them one tiny bit.

I second that! I find Marc to be a very interesting, nice and friendly person. I would partay with ya anyday of the week Marc!

Last edited by Slite; 12-03-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #130
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I can imagine I'm trying to think if I've ever seen any films with a character called my name. I must have done, as it's not exactly an uncommon name!

The weirdest name related thing was someone replying to a post I'd made on a mailing list - they started it by explaining they would only reply to people they could find something out about on the internet, and then proceded to give me a run down of what they thought was my academic career and subsequent employment. I never heard from them again after I nicely told them I was someone else entirely
Try having a name that was the topic of a Monty Python film...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM   #131
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Try having a name that was the topic of a Monty Python film...
What? Is your name Holy Grail? (Sorry, couldnt help myself)
Old 12-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #132
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I'd have been terribly disappointed if someone didn't call me "Grail", "Life", or at least "Something Completely Different" for at least once after that post.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #133
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
shh !! you're going to unveil his secret identity !!! then this place will be crawling with a bunch of silly english kniggits !!! (and then where will we be ??)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #134
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
shh !! you're going to unveil his secret identity !!! then this place will be crawling with a bunch of silly english kniggits !!! (and then where will we be ??)
Up the kniggit, without a paddle?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #135
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
"kniggits"....are they iggits you have to call Sir?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness