Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 05:02 AM   #121
NoInkling
NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.NoInkling can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trennen View Post
Go to http://www.audible.com/at/audibel_at

the coupon code is AUDIBEL
Looks like they ran out:

"Sorry, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, we have run out of awards! Check back for more offers."
Old 01-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #122
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoInkling View Post
Looks like they ran out:

"Sorry, due to the overwhelming success of this promotion, we have run out of awards! Check back for more offers."
Thanks - added to OP

Those went fast. For those who did get the $10 coupon, you have until 21 Mar to spend it.
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #123
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi1368 View Post
Audible is having a "Big Hits Sale" 150+ books for $6.95 for members only. Sale ends January 27.

Perfect time to spend my free $10 i just got.

http://www.audible.com/mt/BigHitsSale/
Thanks - added to OP
Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #124
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
LivingSocial has free two month subs to Audible for new members available. Subs include one free audiobook a month. Offer is good until February 18th. If you're new to LivingSocial, it's a deal site similar to Groupon or Amazon Local. It will force you to chose a location before it'll let you look at deals, but this is a national deal, so it doesn't matter what location you pick.

Quote:
Whether your holiday travel plans involved being stuck in traffic, waiting at the airport, or jogging at the gym, you can transform them into enjoyable “me” time by stocking your digital bookshelf with Audible, the popular audio entertainment platform easily accessible from your smartphone, tablet, or MP3 player. Enjoy one audiobook of your choice each month for free with this offer:
  • Claim your free offer for your first two months of membership for free
  • Discover why Audible has received more than 100,000 five-star ratings on iOS and Android collectively
  • Audible’s extensive catalog boasts more than 180,000 titles and listen anywhere at any time on your favorite device
  • Every title you select is yours to keep -- continue listening with or without an active membership
  • Includes free access to the audio edition of The Wall Street Journal or The New York Times with your membership
  • Valid for new members only. At the end of the two-month promotional period, your Audible.com subscription will be renewed at $14.95 per month. You can cancel your membership at any time.
To enjoy, claim your offer and redeem online by February 18, 2015, at 9 p.m. PST!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #125
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
LivingSocial has free two month subs to Audible for new members available. Subs include one free audiobook a month. Offer is good until February 18th. If you're new to LivingSocial, it's a deal site similar to Groupon or Amazon Local. It will force you to chose a location before it'll let you look at deals, but this is a national deal, so it doesn't matter what location you pick.
Thanks for mentioning it again. It's already listed on the front page.
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 11:09 AM   #126
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I'm surprised that there is anyone left in the world who meets the qualification of being a "new member." Seems like just about everyone would have tried it by now, what with all of the "new member" promotions that Audible has put out. ha
Old 01-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #127
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
so far I have been able to get these 'new only' memberships quite often, but it seems (and this is just a theory) that I have to flip flop between the premium and the platinum [i think that's what their called], can't do the same one twice in a row.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #128
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I'm surprised that there is anyone left in the world who meets the qualification of being a "new member." Seems like just about everyone would have tried it by now, what with all of the "new member" promotions that Audible has put out. ha
Well, I *would* meet the qualifications, if I became a member. So far I've only ever picked up the free books, and not joined as a member.

I think.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #129
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
I'd qualify actually, but that's because I don't really care for audio books and have never signed up.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #130
stormcloude
Groupie
stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stormcloude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
In case $6.95 for an audiobook is too expensive for some people (I am one), there is at least one audiobook on the list for $3.99. I don't have any idea how many more may be <$6.95, I've only had time to skim over a few in the nonfiction section.

There's a Dracula version for 99 cents on the list, but I think it was a recent freebie because I've already got it myself.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:52 AM   #131
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This week's Humble Bundle is called Je Suis Charlie. All proceeds go to The Freedom of Press Foundation.

If you pay more than $6, you can get the audiobook Homeland, by Cory Doctorow. Audible apparently doesn't sell it, but the price of the CD at Amazon is $23.36. The (printed) book is rated 4 1/2 stars (from 96 reviews) at Amazon.

Find out all of the details here.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-23-2015 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #132
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
This week's Humble Bundle is called Je Suis Charlie. All proceeds go to The Freedom of Press Foundation.

If you pay more than $6, you can get the audiobook Homeland, by Cory Doctorow. Audible apparently doesn't sell it, but the price of the CD at Amazon is $23.36. The (printed) book is rated 4 1/2 stars (from 96 reviews) at Amazon.

Find out all of the details here.
Teach me to not look at the weekly bundle! While you can't get this through Audible (the author has a militant hatred for DRM), it is available through Downpour, the author's website, and (of all places) CD Baby. Since it is available through CD Baby, it is available as a spoken-word album on Amazon, Google, and iTunes. I've been saving up my no-rush shipping purchase credits and I just got it through Amazon. "Homeland" is a sequel to "Little Brother," which I got a couple of years ago through Sync and loved it.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #133
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoInkling View Post
Looks like they ran out:

Not to be ungrateful for Audible's generosity(?) in giving the credits away, but it seems like every such promotion they have "overwhelming success" and run out of awards.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-23-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 PM   #134
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Not to be ungrateful for Audible's generosity(?) in giving the credits away, but it seems like every such promotion they have "overwhelming success" and run out of awards.
Well think how fast the promo travels once it posted public on blogs, social media...etc. They probably only have like a allotted amount. No one else I know of gives away $10 credits like this and everyone who sees it probably tries to get one.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:50 AM   #135
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well think how fast the promo travels once it posted public on blogs, social media...etc. They probably only have like a allotted amount. No one else I know of gives away $10 credits like this and everyone who sees it probably tries to get one.
I prefer to see things from a cynical point of view. hahah
Closed Thread