Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #121
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I let a few orders come late. Two came REALLY late, one came about the same time it would have for regular (but not Prime 2-day) shipping.

However, I've never been able to figure out where the credits are. I've bought a few ebooks - the credits weren't applied there. I haven't seen them used on any of my regular orders. Personally, I feel that - since they don't actually let you see what you're banking - it's a bit deceptive and I don't want to "play" any more.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #122
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I let a few orders come late. Two came REALLY late, one came about the same time it would have for regular (but not Prime 2-day) shipping.

However, I've never been able to figure out where the credits are. I've bought a few ebooks - the credits weren't applied there. I haven't seen them used on any of my regular orders. Personally, I feel that - since they don't actually let you see what you're banking - it's a bit deceptive and I don't want to "play" any more.
1Click has always been deceptive. It should be illegal to not allow you to see what you will pay until after your order is complete instead of before.

Did you get an email telling you that your credits were available? Amazon allowed my credits to be used on a book from one of the big publishers and I was surprised they did. Usually these credits are only allowed on things sold by Amazon. Although who knows - maybe it was a credit for something else since even after your credit is applied they don't tell you where the credit is from.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #123
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Well it turned out that even though the online "invoice" didn't show the credits being used, the email "invoice" I received did. I really do not like the way these are handled, but at least I did get to use the ones I'd banked so far.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Well it turned out that even though the online "invoice" didn't show the credits being used, the email "invoice" I received did. I really do not like the way these are handled, but at least I did get to use the ones I'd banked so far.
I have no intention of slowing down my shipping for a $1 ebook credit; especially when you can't see it being used. I hate 1-Click ordering!
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:37 AM   #125
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
I totally agree. I have tried it a few times, but it's not worth it, since you can't tell if you have them, or tell right away if one has been applied to your ebook purchase. I have one credit (I think) which expires Dec 31. I'll use it but I won't choose that option any more.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #126
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have used "no rush" a number of times, and I am quite pleased, except for one aspect which I have mentioned - the two-day shipping service tells you the date of arrival when you make your purchase. The "no rush" service does not.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #127
delph
Tabby
delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Mini, Lenovo Yoga 2 10"
I really can't figure out why they're applying the credits differently to different accounts. I see a few mentions on that last page that the applied credit expires some time in 2015. The few orders I've had shipped no-rush for testing all give a credit that expires on 12/31/2014, as mentioned multiple times up-thread. My Prime membership is up in February, but that shouldn't play into how long the credit may be used. It makes no sense at all.
delph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #128
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delph View Post
I really can't figure out why they're applying the credits differently to different accounts. I see a few mentions on that last page that the applied credit expires some time in 2015. The few orders I've had shipped no-rush for testing all give a credit that expires on 12/31/2014, as mentioned multiple times up-thread. My Prime membership is up in February, but that shouldn't play into how long the credit may be used. It makes no sense at all.
I just got a few and it's 12/31/2014 for me as well. My Prime isn't up until June, so that can't be it. One of the posters that got a 2015 date was in the US so it's not country either.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #129
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got a few and it's 12/31/2014 for me as well. My Prime isn't up until June, so that can't be it. One of the posters that got a 2015 date was in the US so it's not country either.
So it's not Prime and not country; therefore, it must be arbitrary
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #130
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So it's not Prime and not country; therefore, it must be arbitrary
I spend so much at Amazon that maybe they think 12/31/2014 will be fine. I don't buy many ebooks though.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #131
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I'm so glad you all have the same issues. I could not figure out where my credit is and how much I have available, as well as when it expries; I had one that expires this December, one that expires next November, and one that I got just now, which expires next March. No rhyme or reason, it seems.

Do you all know if all the credit can be used for one book, or do they limit how much credit can be applied per book?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 AM   #132
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I'm so glad you all have the same issues. I could not figure out where my credit is and how much I have available, as well as when it expries; I had one that expires this December, one that expires next November, and one that I got just now, which expires next March. No rhyme or reason, it seems.

Do you all know if all the credit can be used for one book, or do they limit how much credit can be applied per book?
I've used up to 3 on a single title so far with no problems. The hardest thing here is keeping track of how many you have left at any given point in time since there is no way to track it. I lost several to I-don't-know-where, and got no satisfaction when I called CS (which, I admit, is a rarity for Amazon).
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #133
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I've used up to 3 on a single title so far with no problems. The hardest thing here is keeping track of how many you have left at any given point in time since there is no way to track it. I lost several to I-don't-know-where, and got no satisfaction when I called CS (which, I admit, is a rarity for Amazon).
In there is part of the problem. I don't want to spend time having to track a dollar here and a dollar there. It's simply not worth the effort considering there's also the delay. Why should we be tracking something that they already have and should be presenting on our account.

I'm glad this works for some people but I've tried it and it says absolutely ridiculous.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #134
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkw View Post
In there is part of the problem. I don't want to spend time having to track a dollar here and a dollar there. It's simply not worth the effort considering there's also the delay. Why should we be tracking something that they already have and should be presenting on our account.

I'm glad this works for some people but I've tried it and it says absolutely ridiculous.
I agree. If it was a small, simple bonus for something I wanted, then I might be incented to choose slower shipping when speed wasn't really important. But as it is, it's pretty much a disincentive to ever choosing slower shipping.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #135
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I agree. If it was a small, simple bonus for something I wanted, then I might be incented to choose slower shipping when speed wasn't really important. But as it is, it's pretty much a disincentive to ever choosing slower shipping.
Me too. Why should I trade almost-instant gratification for something unknown? I have no idea when the credit would expire, what the exclusions are, what the fine print is.

Here's an idea for Amazon--offer me an instant buck off on the current purchase, and I'd go for slower shipping in most cases.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote