Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 AM   #121
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I like the style of Oberon covers, and actually picked up one design but the price is really one problem to a student. so I decided to buy a simpler cover (real leather too!) which was only $15

Oberon, wait until I get my first job
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #122
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like the style of Oberon covers, and actually picked up one design but the price is really one problem to a student. so I decided to buy a simpler cover (real leather too!) which was only $15

Advert
Old 01-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #123
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Despite the nice covers already posted. This is a somewhat cheaper alternative. Four colors available. The price is about 14,99 euro including shipment.

http://www.geckocovers.com/amazon-kindle-c-11.html

Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #124
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post

they are expensive. maybe that can be a present to yourself that you save for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Despite the nice covers already posted. This is a somewhat cheaper alternative. Four colors available. The price is about 14,99 euro including shipment.
very nice!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #125
maianhvk
whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post

http://www.geckocovers.com/amazon-kindle-c-11.html

why didn't you post that one week sooner????
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 01:27 AM   #126
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I know that there has been some positive feedback on some etsy sites here. I have no idea if this is the same site. I would suggest that unless you are in a hurry, give this a couple of days and see if the folks who have been etsy customers come back by.
Thanks! I found another I like but Im not so sure about it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3K6FSH5FRTEDS
I think it might end up making the Kindle a little too heavy to use for extended periods of time.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:54 AM   #127
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Thanks! I found another I like but Im not so sure about it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3K6FSH5FRTEDS
I think it might end up making the Kindle a little too heavy to use for extended periods of time.
yeah, it might be. at first it looked pretty good, but then reading the description with the pockets and so on, it kind of sounds like taking your jr. high notebook to bed. did you check out the gecko covers just above your post? they look interesting
Old 01-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #128
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkyness View Post
If I do decide to get one, I will. If someone who already owns one has tried it already, though, I would love to hear about whether it worked.

I was actually thinking more of a moleskin-type notebook, since I wasn't sure if there would be room for the spiral binding, but perhaps there is... you'd know better than me.
ok I was at an office supply store yesterday and played with some notebooks and my Oberon K2. here are some photos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	64696   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover2.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	64697   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover3.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	64698   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover4.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	64699  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #129
thorn
Connoisseur
thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.thorn knows the square root of minus one.

Device: currently: ipod touch
My Marware Eco Vue cover (comes in black only) just showed up yesterday. So far I like it with my white K3. I promised I'd post pictures; I'll try to get to that this weekend.

This is my first Kindle cover to hold the device with an all-around pocket with cutouts for the display, ports, buttons and keys. I had a case like that for my Dell Axim a few years ago and liked it, so this feels familiar. I like the protection it offers, because my K3 rides on its side in my messenger bag.

The cover has a slot for very thin objects -- no room for a notebook (some folks care about this). My thought on seeing the slot in photos: "hotel room key." In the summer, perhaps "bus pass." This has borne out. Very thin objects only.

I like the hand-strap a lot. It's one of my reasons for choosing this cover, and is really comfortable and feels secure. Now that I actually have the cover, though, I am as concerned about the durability of its elastic closure as I was when I ordered it. Amazon definitely got that right with its bungee. My Amazon K2 cover is still going strong.

On the whole, I think I prefer the Amazon cover, but didn't want to pay $60 for the lighted one and didn't want to risk messing up my device with the unlighted one. I have two covers for my K2, which I am now giving to my sister -- with the K2 -- after less than 2 years. For such a short period of owning a device I don't want to spend a lot on a cover.
thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #130
inkyness
Enthusiast
inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.inkyness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ok I was at an office supply store yesterday and played with some notebooks and my Oberon K2. here are some photos
Awesome! Thank you. Now I have to decide which one I want...
inkyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #131
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
This is semi-cover related. My boyfriend bought me the standard Amazon lighted cover for Christmas (he knew I was getting a Kindle), and I am totally fine with this cover. I like how it's plain, simple and functional. I'm that sort of person.

I sort of carry my Kindle everywhere with me, though. My life before eReader consisted of always having a paperback book on hand, so when I got the Kindle it made complete sense to continue carrying my books around. Weeell... now I'm looking for a new purse. Of course. But now I need to make sure I get a purse that fits the Kindle in it's cover easily inside! Aw, bummer. That limits my purse shopping.

Anyone have any super great purses that they carry a Kindle around in? I was thinking I might be so lucky as to find a purse that had a nearly Kindle sized COMPARTMENT in it. I'm a big fan of compartments. That's not the necessity, though. It's just nice.

Anyone have any luck with this?
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #132
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
If you like leather purses check out the Fossil Sutter Large Top Zip. There are 2 zipped compartments that'll hold the Kindle in a cover comfortably.
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #133
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
This is semi-cover related. My boyfriend bought me the standard Amazon lighted cover for Christmas (he knew I was getting a Kindle), and I am totally fine with this cover. I like how it's plain, simple and functional. I'm that sort of person.

I sort of carry my Kindle everywhere with me, though. My life before eReader consisted of always having a paperback book on hand, so when I got the Kindle it made complete sense to continue carrying my books around. Weeell... now I'm looking for a new purse. Of course. But now I need to make sure I get a purse that fits the Kindle in it's cover easily inside! Aw, bummer. That limits my purse shopping.

Anyone have any super great purses that they carry a Kindle around in? I was thinking I might be so lucky as to find a purse that had a nearly Kindle sized COMPARTMENT in it. I'm a big fan of compartments. That's not the necessity, though. It's just nice.

Anyone have any luck with this?
I only recently started carrying purses, I had always been a backpack sort of gal. I carry the hobo bag types of purses because of the variety of things I DO end up carrying. more often than not it is full of telephone tools as opposed to girly stuff. but it ALWAYS has a kindle in it!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #134
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Y'know, I used to be into leather purses, but lately I've just become worried about ruining them and it takes away the enjoyment factor of having a cute purse. I've gotten very into Vera Bradley, though.

With the hobo bags, do you ever find that you've scratched your Kindle case/the Kindle? My main worry about having it free floating in my purse is damage to the pretty case.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #135
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by teadonkey View Post
Y'know, I used to be into leather purses, but lately I've just become worried about ruining them and it takes away the enjoyment factor of having a cute purse. I've gotten very into Vera Bradley, though.

With the hobo bags, do you ever find that you've scratched your Kindle case/the Kindle? My main worry about having it free floating in my purse is damage to the pretty case.
I have an Oberon cover and am quite frankly eager to have it age and look well loved. they are so darn sturdy that nothing has marked it at all!