Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 03:30 AM   #121
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesMacs View Post
I've had an Amazon account for years but only created a ComiXology account recently. It's linked to my Amazon account. I noticed that when I registered the app, it allowed me to transfer my Kindle purchases to the ComiXology app.

Is it better for me to keep buying titles on Amazon, or buy new ones through ComiXology? Thank you.
The comic books purchased on Amazon transfer over to your Comixology account, but the books purchased on Comixology don't carry over to your Amazon account. That's something to take into consideration.

I primarily buy from Comixology because I much prefer their reading app and because the store is better organized and the sales are better structured. When it comes to comic books, I sometimes have problems finding my way in Amazon. I only buy from Amazon when I see a better price.

But if you already are a happy Amazon customer, there is no reason to start purchasing from Comixology unless you find better deals there or your shopping experience is more pleasant.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #122
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
The comic books purchased on Amazon transfer over to your Comixology account, but the books purchased on Comixology don't carry over to your Amazon account. That's something to take into consideration.

I primarily buy from Comixology because I much prefer their reading app and because the store is better organized and the sales are better structured. When it comes to comic books, I sometimes have problems finding my way in Amazon. I only buy from Amazon when I see a better price.

But if you already are a happy Amazon customer, there is no reason to start purchasing from Comixology unless you find better deals there or your shopping experience is more pleasant.
Bear in mind though, that not all of your Amazon purchases will transfer over to Comixology. Only those supported to For example I have bought a lot of 2000AD stuff on Amazon and it doesn't show on Comixology. Only about 36 of my purchases from Amazon show on Comixology. Hope that helps you make your decision.

Looking on Amazon UK, they now have a section where they list comics which will transfer across to Comixology. I would imagine Amazon.com etc has a similar section.

See here for what I mean.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...nid=9275398031

Last edited by socnsum1; 04-23-2016 at 06:07 AM.
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #123
GA Russell
Bombers, Lions 0-1
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm new to this, but I see that Amazon has a great many early Marvel comics for 99 cents each.

I picked up Captain America #1 from 1941.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B521YII/
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #124
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
If you still have the 'expired' b1g1f code MARVEL in your cart, it still works, enabling one to get some extra discount using the Marvel Monday books.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM   #125
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Batman Europa is only $4.99 at Amazon (bought there, it can be read on Comixology). The same collection is currently $14.99 on Comixology, with single issues $3.99/ea.

Spend a buck more, and get the whole 4 issue story. Written by Brian Azzarello, with art by Jim Lee and others.
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #126
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
Batman Europa is only $4.99 at Amazon (bought there, it can be read on Comixology). The same collection is currently $14.99 on Comixology, with single issues $3.99/ea.

Spend a buck more, and get the whole 4 issue story. Written by Brian Azzarello, with art by Jim Lee and others.
Awesome catch, thanks!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #127
GA Russell
Bombers, Lions 0-1
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Snoopy the Master Chef - Charles M. Schulz - $1.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X6OLAVA
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #128
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
IDW has decided to dangerously put half my wish list on sale in the awesome IDW Comically Original Sale: https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Comic...ale/page/10595
I haven't read many of the books included, but the ones I've read were impressive and I highly recommend them: Richard Stark's Parker, Lost Dogs, Essex County (all of these were included in previous bundles from HB), 30 Days of Night, Clumsy, and Box Office Poison. I am picking up Alec, the rest of the Alex Robinson books, Unlikely, AEIOU, and hopefully I will stop there, but there are many more titles in my wishlist, as I said: Wizzywig, Tim Ginger, Cleveland, Shallow Me Whole...
I am becoming a fan of these IDW monthly sales.
Ends 31/5.

From Titan Comics a sale on Lenore: https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=11016&lang=1. Never heard of it but looks intriguing. Anyone read it?
Probably ends tomorrow.

Jet City also has a monthly sale: https://www.comixology.com/comics-sa...d=11120&lang=1. Just in case you are interested in The Dead God, it is included in Blood and Honor, along with Suffrajitsu and Symposium.

From Image a sale on Joshua Williamson books: https://www.comixology.com/Joshua-Wi...ale/page/10601.
Three bundles (Ghosted, Birthright, and Nailbiter), 12 collections (from those series and Xenoholics), plus lots of single issues.
Ends 5/6.

Avatar has started selling its stuff DRM-free (apparently May 4th is the International Day Against DRM) at http://www.comcav.net/ and they offer three huge bundles that you should check out if you are interested in the works of writers like Alan Moore, Kieron Gillen, or Garth Ennis: http://www.comcav.net/collections/di...s-sale-bundles

This will be my last update for the moment. I need to replace my laptop and I won't be able to afford digital comics for a while, so I've decided to stop visiting Comixology or this forum until my wallet recovers. I don't even want to see the next DC weekly sale (although DC will probably continue the trend of lackluster sales).

Thank you to all who contributed to this thread! Enjoy your books!

Last edited by Andanzas; 05-02-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:08 PM   #129
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
New Humble Bundle is up, and it's for the anticipated:

Humble Manga Bundle KC Kodansha Comics
, containing mostly 1st & 2nd introductory volumes from the popular Japanese publisher's manga division, including well-known titles like Parasyte (I've read most of this from the library and it's decently done, with an interesting storyline), and Attack on Titan (haven't read this, but it's apparently the basis of a very popular anime), and Vinland Saga (Viking historical adventure with decent research, and my personal reason for buying since I've always meant to try it).

Current average is fluctuating pretty heavily this early on, but under the starting price of $9, top-tier is $17, no extra books added next week.

This would seem to be a very good starter bundle if you're unfamiliar with the subgenre/medium, as there are plenty of Vol. 1 of assorted varieties, and some of the most popular titles have Vol. 2 and even Vol. 3 at the higher tiers in case you want to continue their storylines, without overcommitting yourself to just one or two series you might not be interested in.

Quote:
Introducing the first Humble Manga Bundle! One of our favorite pastimes is taking a seat on a big comfy chair and passing the time reading manga, and our friends at Kodansha Comics have given us plenty of material to put that chair to good use.

Pay what you want for Space Brothers Vol. 1, Vinland Saga Book 1, Inuyashiki Vol. 1, Parasyte Vol. 1, and Attack on Titan Vol. 1.

Pay more than the average price to also receive The Heroic Legend of Arslan Vol. 1, Ajin: Demi-Human Vol. 1, Inuyashiki Vol. 2, Parasyte Vol. 2, and Attack on Titan Vol. 2.

Pay $17 or more for all of that plus Battle Angel Alita: Last Order Omnibus Vol. 1, The 7 Deadly Sins Vol. 1, Knights of Sidonia Vol. 1, Ajin: Demi-Human Vol. 2, and Attack on Titan Vol. 3.

Last edited by ATDrake; 05-04-2016 at 02:35 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #130
TrevorViking
Wizard

Thanks for all the great work Andanzas! Hope you're back with us soon.

Great new bundle at Groupees.
https://groupees.com/independents
Old 05-06-2016, 10:25 AM   #131
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Some of the Civil War collections are even cheaper ($2.99), today only (along with the same handful that have been $3.99 recently: https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gb1h_ti...d_p=2299160062
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:48 PM   #132
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Clicking "add all to cart" yielded me the following two freebies at Comixology's Free Comics page. YMMV.

Overwatch #1
Sold by: Dark Horse

Alterna AnniverSERIES: FUBAR
Sold by: comiXology
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #133
TrevorViking
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Clicking "add all to cart" yielded me the following two freebies at Comixology's Free Comics page. YMMV.

Overwatch #1
Sold by: Dark Horse

Alterna AnniverSERIES: FUBAR
Sold by: comiXology
Fwiw, there are about 11 alternate language versions of Overwatch free as well. Only a small percentage of the freebies end up in that "Free Comics" section. They often appear in the daily new comics listing.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:32 AM   #134
TrevorViking
Wizard

Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!
Old 05-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #135
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Happy Free Comic Book Day everyone!
Indeed! http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/992
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote