Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #121
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
1. When in the library or file navigator navigate to the pdf you want to open then press and HOLD the ok button. a menu will pop up and the first option is open. clicking open will allow you to choose which viewer to use

2. The web browser is in the games folder . clicking it(when wifi is connected) will get you the google search page.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:23 AM   #122
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
I don't have 2.0.3 installed yet, but I assume that you could choose the pdf viewer you want the same way you choose the viewer you want for ePub:

On an ePub file, pressing the book button (is it called context menu button, not sure).
The one with an open book drawing on it, the one above the "Next page" button and below "Home" button. Then "Open with" appears among other choices.

Holding down the OK button, on the other hand, is not mapped by default, I think. I have "Dictionary" on it.

TheBlackAdder,
Could you tell what keyboard languages you have with 2.0.3 EURO final?
For example, go to "Search", the keyboard will appear, and at the bottom of it you see a button to change the current language, like "EN". With 2.0.3 EURO Beta, I have only English, but do you have more languages with the final, and if so, can you list all of them?

Last edited by parkher; 12-21-2010 at 03:34 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #123
TheBlackAdder
TheBlackAdder began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Thanks for your help guys, it worked perfectly... Turns out I was trying to make that context menu appear but in the wrong place, and it was driving me crazy. I was trying with the direct accesses to the "last read" books that appear in the main menu, and of course no choice of reader. When I go into the library the choices are finally there!

parkher: Sure. The keyboard languages I see are English, Spanish, German,French, Russian, Greek and Ucranian. Keep in mind that to see all these one has to go into the configuration menu, but not all of them are in the same combination of keyboards, that is, you cannot change easily from -let's say- greek to spanish without going into the configuration menu. There are preset combinations that you have to choose. In my configuration menu, these are EN, EN-DE, EN-ES,EN-FR,EN-HE-RU, EN-RU and EN-RU-UA, so for example if I have chosen combination 3 I could easily switch from English to Spanish keyboard the way you told me, but it only offers me those two options, Spanish and English. If I want a Russian keyboard I cannot do it on the fly, I need to go into the configuration again. Maybe they do it this way due to memory constraints, to avoid having many different keymaps loaded? Anyway, it is not a big deal, but if you read in many languages you may need to make that small configuration change every time you start a book in a new language.

Btw, my EURO final firmware has the exact size you give in a previous post.
TheBlackAdder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #124
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TheBlackAdder,
thank you very much.
Especially for the hint about the configuration menu: turns out, I have the same keyboards in 2.0.3 EURO Beta, I only had English only switched on.

Actually, HE might stand for Hebrew, at least some of those letters look like in Hebrew alphabet I found with google. But some are not really too similar.

Last edited by parkher; 12-21-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 AM   #125
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
TheBlackAdder,
thank you very much.
Especially for the hint about the configuration menu: turns out, I have the same keyboards in 2.0.3 EURO Beta, I only had English only switched on.

Actually, HE might stand for Hebrew, at least some of those letters look like in Hebrew alphabet I found with google. But some are not really too similar.
Hebrew is working, yes. We have a big market share in Israel.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #126
parkher
Evangelist

I am trying to find out what is the difference between EURO and CIS.
CIS firmware is larger in size.
And which one is more stable - EURO?

UPDATE: as to the keyboard languages: in CIS - the same ones.

Last edited by parkher; 12-21-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #127
italianReader
Connoisseur
italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.italianReader has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
Can someone try how much time does the pocketbook 902 need to open a PDF of nearly 15 MB and 1000 pages?

Thanks a lot.
Can someone help me with what I asked please? I'm just waiting to know this information to decide if it's worth to buy it.

Thanks again
italianReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #128
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianReader View Post
Can someone help me with what I asked please? I'm just waiting to know this information to decide if it's worth to buy it.
I ordered a 902 recently, and it looks like it just cleared customs into Canada. I suspect it still needs to be shipped across the country to me, so I'm not sure if it will get here before the Christmas holidays. I'll put up some information as soon as I can, but it may be a week before I can do it.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #129
parkher
Evangelist

Great News!
Free TTS modules for 20 languages will be made available by PocketBook tomorrow, 2010-12-23.
Or so they say. We'll see tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #130
parkher
Evangelist

italianReader,
it would be better if you gave us a link to a specific file, otherwise, the results might be all over the place. And really, I don't have such a file and I am not sure where to find it, many large pdf files have drawings/pictures and not so many pages. Nothing close to 1000 pages.
Another thing: with the newest 2.0.3 firmware, there are two different pdf viewers, and perhaps the time would be different. So it would be interesting to test with both viewers.
(I still have only one viewer)
Old 12-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #131
pietrokc
pietrokc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi everyone, thanks for the great forum.

I'm very interested in buying a Pocketbook 902; it seems to be pretty much everything I would want in such a device. (Especially the DJVU capability: lack of it is a dealbreaker for me.)

However I have two battery-related questions. First, is the "7000 page turns" estimate on the MobilereadWiki accurate? Or how would you measure and estimate batter life. (You may assume wifi is off.)

Second, all batteries eventually die (i.e. can't hold a charge anymore) and need to be replaced. How is that going to be handled for the PB series?

Thanks!
pietrokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #132
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrokc View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for the great forum.

I'm very interested in buying a Pocketbook 902; it seems to be pretty much everything I would want in such a device. (Especially the DJVU capability: lack of it is a dealbreaker for me.)

However I have two battery-related questions. First, is the "7000 page turns" estimate on the MobilereadWiki accurate? Or how would you measure and estimate batter life. (You may assume wifi is off.)

Second, all batteries eventually die (i.e. can't hold a charge anymore) and need to be replaced. How is that going to be handled for the PB series?

Thanks!
My battery is still half charged (got one of the first 902) and I haven't recharged it since I got it.

You can replace your battery, of course.

WARNING: I am a PB official, so please listen to more objective sources, as well.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 12-24-2010 at 12:50 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 02:57 AM   #133
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:

Before my 902 i have had a Sony 600 and a Sony 650, both report as having 7000 page turns, both sort of do and don't. Reading every day 1 page will NOT get you there 2 weeks was my average time with a charge. That was, btw with or without reading
Now you are probably wondering what i am talking about, so to make a long story short, after 2 weeks reading on my 902, just 2 bar out of 5 are gone!
Funny detail, when you have started the reader it shows just 1 bar of power, with every action this grows, until after a few page-turns it settles on 3 bars (atm).
My guess is the 902 will need to be fed just once a month, but that is without heavy WiFi use, just reading. I can SO live with that!
About opening it up.. Hmm maybe some other then me can answer you that, i am much to fond of my reader to want to pry it open
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #134
parkher
Evangelist

So, TTS files for 902 and 602 are now available, only one day later than promised.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #135
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Please, can anybody tell me if between the dictionaries preinstalled on the 902 there's an English-English dictionary?

Thanks and...

Merry Christmas!!
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote