Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 03:15 PM   #121
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcro_SP View Post
Well, if the flamers have to open fire on someone I'd guess I'd rather it be me than Mel47, who didn't seem to deserve it either. All she did, judging by her comments, was buy a Cherrypal Bing and post that she liked it.

Now, ardeegee, the specific words you put in quotes above were not said by me. You're paraphrasing (I disagree with it because I'd refer to censorship as something done by government, not a website exercising a judgment call as to potentially libelous comments by participants). You really should make it clearer when you paraphrase.

If my legal interpretation were such a joke and you were so much more clever than I, you would have pointed out where I was incorrect. There's much more to libel particularly e-libel than what I said, no doubt, but so far as I went, I feel pretty confident that I am right and you are wrong. If there's a joke here, it's your incivility and unfounded accusations.
1.) The mild responses here don't even come close to approaching "flaming"
2.) Your original post is still here, it is damned obvious I was paraphrasing
3.) If you try to present to any court as "libel" someone saying that someone who is anonymous and identified only as a pseudonym on a web forum, in no way tracing back to any real person or any other web forum is "harmed" by being accused of possibly being a liar or a shill in any way much less to a degree justifying legal action you are going to be laughed out of court, and possibly fined for wasting the legal system's time.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #122
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel47 View Post
I know of "carbon footprint" because I am trying to be "green." Both my husband and I are looking for small ways we can reduce our carbon footprint. That is why when my husband brought home the article on Cherrypal, I was interested.
No disrespect, but how is buying a computer via the INTERNET, then having that computer MANUFACTURED, the SHIPPED (in packaging) then RUNNING, reducing any carbon imprint?

Just like those people who say they only eat all natural products to save the earth yadda yadda yadda, but those products are in cans, boxes and plastic wrappers and they drive to buy them in their SUVs

Thanks for the info on cherrypal. I have been interested in getting a netbook just so I could surf the net on the couch (only have desktop) while watching my son play with his toy cars for endless hours. At least I know which company to stay away from now
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Oh no! I have a sockpuppet! Don't ban me! LOL
Can we ban the sockpuppet instead?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #124
Velcro_SP
Banned
Velcro_SP began at the beginning.

Device: Limebook Z-7

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Velcro_SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #125
Velcro_SP
Banned
Velcro_SP began at the beginning.

Device: Limebook Z-7

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Velcro_SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #126
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
ardegee, well we have a disconnect because you say "shillest of the shill" and "not as clever as you think you are," for example, are not flames.
No, those things are NOT flames. A flame questions your ancestry, comments on the size and status of your genitalia and the preferred usage thereof, and makes frequent comparisons between one's opponents and various biological waste products. If you think "damned" is strong language, then you would faint dead away if you saw an actual flame.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #127
Mel47
Mel47 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks BillSmithBooks and Velcro_Sp for the support and bringing some objective conversation to the platform...All I wanted to do was share my experience, that's it. I found this, and other sites like it, when researching the prospect of buying a Cherrypal and that's why I came back to voice my positive experience.

However, what I didn't realize was this site is a "Cherrypal bashing only" site...so my positive experience falls on deaf ears because everyone on this site seems to have made up their minds that Cherrypal s**ks...which is hei/her prerogative. I know when I have overstayed my welcome, or actually when I am not welcome at all.

I will leave saying, I am not a "shill, sock-puppet, or an undercover Cherrypal employee." Just a satisfied customer...
Mel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #128
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Mel, Billsmithbooks and velcro. I don't give a rip about cherrypal and if they are scummy OR scammy. I only brought up that Nate hadn't posted that he got his refund, and he has a good track record here of updating information. Along with that I asked where the falsehood of his statements were, since libel had been brought up.

I don't think velcro will 'politely answer' my question because he doesn't have one. But that is okay because it was basically a rhetorical question, anyway. We can't prove if he was lieing or not, I'm just going by his past behavior. I have no such behavior to go on with the three of you, just your posts on this thread and only this thread.

I'm not sure why you three are so uptight about this, if you are only cherrypal customers. I don't passionately defend products I own, especially on anonymous websites. Who cares what strangers say? Let the company take care of themselves, they are adults.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 PM   #129
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I'm not a shill at all. I bought a Cherrypal C114 (not the Africa) off eBay last year and I like it, problems and all. The level of venom is pretty intense here though. The fangs are vestigial but the glands still seem to spray pretty well. If I drop out it's not because I concede anything, it's because the negativity is bad karma. And I'd expect that's the sense of other Cherrypal customers who might otherwise comment.
This is a forum for people interested in ebooks and ereaders. Your first post was in defense of a business that has nothing to do with ebooks or ereaders. You must have found this thread looking for complaints about Cherrypal. I know sometimes people have a bad experience with a business and may unfairly besmirched them. You registering on this forum only to defend a particular company makes me feel that you are more than just a happy customer but is someone attempting damage control.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #130
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
However, what I didn't realize was this site is a "Cherrypal bashing only" site...
Obviously you have not read any of the many thousands of post besides this thread on this forum. A forum that has been around for several years.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #131
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Thanks BillSmithBooks and Velcro_Sp for the support and bringing some objective conversation to the platform...All I wanted to do was share my experience, that's it. I found this, and other sites like it, when researching the prospect of buying a Cherrypal and that's why I came back to voice my positive experience.

However, what I didn't realize was this site is a "Cherrypal bashing only" site...so my positive experience falls on deaf ears because everyone on this site seems to have made up their minds that Cherrypal s**ks...which is hei/her prerogative. I know when I have overstayed my welcome, or actually when I am not welcome at all.

I will leave saying, I am not a "shill, sock-puppet, or an undercover Cherrypal employee." Just a satisfied customer...
Mel47, please take a look around MR before you really do leave. You'll see that it really isn't that kind of site, and that a single thread doesn't define a forum or its users.

You have to admit your initial post could have been mistaken for a shill, and I'm glad to see it wasn't. It's always good to hear all sides of any story, and I'd hope you would be prepared to give MR the benefit of the doubt and hang around to make a truly informed decision.

And in the meantime, welcome!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:28 AM   #132
raven312
Enthusiast
raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
You just said you don't believe me because I just joined and only commented here, and now I am supposed to politely answer your question?

The reason I joined and posted is because I am interested in Cherrypal and there was a Cherrypal discussion at Mobileread. I think that's a non sequiter to disbelieve someone on that basis, but it illustrates my point: if you comment constructively about Cherrypal, you'll take flak, and no doubt it keeps many people away.
Velcro_SP, (disclaimer: I don't have a Cherrypal and am not interested in them outside of this post) if you have a Cherrypal already, WHAT led you to this thread? What kind of research were you doing that you happened to find THIS particular thread? Maybe it's just me, but when I buy a product and have it in hand, I don't need to look it up online; I've done my research at that point. I may look for support groups, with like-minded individuals, but I normally start at the webpage of the product in question and broaden out from there. I belong to this site so I read several threads to see what's going on out in the world. Now, your turn...?
raven312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #133
atari
not established
atari began at the beginning.

Device: /dev/null
Quick Update

Cherrypal just changed the Africa specifications from:

Quote:
Here are the minumum technical specifications: 400 MHz processor, 256 MB DDR / 2 GB NAND-flash and runs Windows XP.
to:

Quote:
The Cherrypal Africa is offered with following minimum technical specifications 300 MHz processor, 128 MB DDR / 2 GB NAND-flash and runs Windows.
Plus:

Quote:
The Cherrypal Africa is offered with following minimum technical specifications: 400 MHz processor, 128 MB DDR / 2 GB NAND-flash and runs Linux (Ubuntu, or Debian, or Green Maraschino)
Afaik there is no Linux ready for this SoC at this time...
atari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #134
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Funny that Cherrypal can't manage to send Nate his computer...
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #135
Mel47
Mel47 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks CBarnett for the welcome. I appreciate it and will continue to use the site. I guess I should have said "I was leaving this particular thread."

After my first comment was posted, I ceased defending Cherrypal and was only defending myself from all the negative comments that I was a "shill" and "sock-puppet." I apologize if I offended anyone with my posts, definitely not my intention.

At this point, in the big scheme of life, who cares if some people think Cherrypal stinks and some don't or some think I'm a shill and some don't. I appreciate the fact that we can all voice our opinions good or bad.

However, as the Mobileread.com guidelines state: "When things get controversial please disagree with the opinion, not the person." Calling someone a shill or sockpuppet is not disagreeing with the opinion or statement, it sounds personal to me.

Anyway, moving on to more constuctive and informative threads on mobileread.com.
Mel47 is offline   Reply With Quote