Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
nicer trick .... works till you sync(I snyc pocket articles) then is back and cannot be removed till you use calibre to force dismiss....
Did you choose to create the database trigger? This will prevent most of the tiles from coming back. But, some tiles, especially the Sync, will get displayed and then disappear the next time the tiles need to change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #122
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you choose to create the database trigger? This will prevent most of the tiles from coming back. But, some tiles, especially the Sync, will get displayed and then disappear the next time the tiles need to change.
lol did all that now sync title will not disappear at all!!!!my mistake was ticking the wrong boxes lol

Last edited by lohtse; 11-17-2013 at 06:20 AM.
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #123
1drey
1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold1drey is a marvel to behold

Device: Sony PRS-505 PB360 Opus Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Was that 2.10.0 or 3.0.0 you updated to? Also, note that there is no error checking in the Metazoa patch code to prevent you from modifying and installing the wrong version of the libnickel file on your Kobo. That mistake pretty much needs a factory reset to recover from.

Regards,
David
David,

I was patching 3.0.0 firmware.
I have compared the size of libnickel files across the folders 2.6.1, 2.8.1, 2.10.0 and 3.0.0 - seems that I picked correct version (libnickel file still present in the folder with kpg.exe).

Cheers,
Andrey
1drey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #124
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
what's new 2

So, parameters menus compared (titles in French, since I'm not sure what the English version is).

Compte (singular in 2.9, plural in 3.0):
pocket inserted, autres options suppressed and autorisations d'Adobe, which was "not connected" is now "not authorised"
Luminosité etc.:
a new line that allows turning off the statistics on the sleep screen book cover, which I hated (but they're still there on the off screen cover)
Pocket:
new line to dis/connect from that screen too
Paramètres de la bibliothèque (new menu):
to dis/able downloaded elements and covers in list style

I've also noticed that the dictionaries are now accessible from the home page bottom right button "supplements" but disappeared from the bottom right button when reading a book - I like it better the new way, but I suppose it depends on how you use it.

All in all, enough improvements that I'll install it on the Aura HD too.

Last edited by anacreon; 11-17-2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: modified after upgrading the Aura HD too
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #125
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I spoke too early the bug leading back to sleep if you don't touch the screen just after awakening the device is still there I just can't figure why it was ok just after the update. So now, I'm waiting till this one is fixed
An other thing that bothers me is the way to access to the translation dictionnaries : it used to need 2 taps and now 3 taps... but I could survive this...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #126
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I spoke too early the bug leading back to sleep if you don't touch the screen just after awakening the device is still there I just can't figure why it was ok just after the update. So now, I'm waiting till this one is fixed
An other thing that bothers me is the way to access to the translation dictionnaries : it used to need 2 taps and now 3 taps... but I could survive this...
THis bug you speak of I have not seen on the 2 Touch or the Glo, of the AURA HD that we all use in our family and all are on the current f/w 3.0.0

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #127
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Some people/devices seem to experience bugs that others do not. I think I have had pretty well all of them. Some I don't notice until someone points them out.

For instance the bug that changes the font size in 2.10 I just thought it was a badly done book and kept changing the font back. So after reading about it I put the book on my mini which was 2.8.1 and it didn't behave this way. Probably does not occur for most people or their would be more of a racket being made.

Some people never experience a bug or are happy with the idea that Kobo does not want you to read a certain book in a formatting style you prefer. And some are so happy with their workarounds and the fact that they discovered them that software stability could actually detract from their enjoyment. Not me obviously.

I attribute the fact that some 'features' and/or bugs keep coming and going and occur on some devices and not others to unassigned pointers and memory leaks etc. And the seemingly often scanning of the books themselves causes problems as well. A lot of people have had their readers choke on adding books without a clue as to what book it was. If the book was instead scanned on opening at least one would know what book it was.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #128
daldred
Enthusiast
daldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to beholddaldred is a marvel to behold

Device: Elonex eb511
Anyone know whether this firmware can be loaded onto a 905B?
daldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #129
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by daldred View Post
Anyone know whether this firmware can be loaded onto a 905B?
Lol its available for download in the developers corner under direct links to firmware. It is available for download for your ereader device.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #130
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Some people/devices seem to experience bugs that others do not. I think I have had pretty well all of them. Some I don't notice until someone points them out.

For instance the bug that changes the font size in 2.10 I just thought it was a badly done book and kept changing the font back. So after reading about it I put the book on my mini which was 2.8.1 and it didn't behave this way. Probably does not occur for most people or their would be more of a racket being made.

Helen
This particular bug (the font size changing at every chapter break), is driving me crazy. I am amazed that more people are not experiencing it and complaining about it. I guess I'm just lucky.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #131
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
There is something strange about this bug, though. I was reading a book and it was not changing. It was not from Kobo, though. I reloaded it onto my Kobo Aura HD because sometime it hung at the opening and, lo and behold, it is starting to change fonts every chapter. This is annoying, I agree with you. Also because the fonts are very big.
I wonder if that happens to non kepub, I must try with normal kepub, though.
For info, I also had a problem with Calibre, which is not yet compatible with 3.0, apparently, so I had to use the option of save the book on the extenal disk, instead of transferring it (and making it a true kepub). I wonder whether that created the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
This particular bug (the font size changing at every chapter break), is driving me crazy. I am amazed that more people are not experiencing it and complaining about it. I guess I'm just lucky.

Last edited by brudigia; 11-17-2013 at 04:12 PM.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #132
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Relax in time you will become inured to the pain. (that is a joke of course).

I rarely read on my Aura HD so I have not switched books yet. Does this occur on all books? I suspect that it does and I will downgrade my firmware one of these days if that is the case. am curious though obviously I can try it myself next time I dust it off.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #133
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
I withdraw what I had said about Calibre. Sorry, but I must have done something wrong. It works and converts quite well. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brudigia View Post
There is something strange about this bug, though. I was reading a book and it was not changing. It was not from Kobo, though. I reloaded it onto my Kobo Aura HD because sometime it hung at the opening and, lo and behold, it is starting to change fonts every chapter. This is annoying, I agree with you. Also because the fonts are very big.
I wonder if that happens to non kepub, I must try with normal kepub, though.
For info, I also had a problem with Calibre, which is not yet compatible with 3.0, apparently, so I had to use the option of save the book on the extenal disk, instead of transferring it (and making it a true kepub). I wonder whether that created the problem.
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #134
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
THis bug you speak of I have not seen on the 2 Touch or the Glo, of the AURA HD that we all use in our family and all are on the current f/w 3.0.0

regards

Jack
It appeared for me with the 2.10 I think
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #135
Donads
Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Donads turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo Glo
3.0.0 on Glo

I heard the 2.10.0 update removed detailed stats on sideloaded kepubs converted by the KoboTouchExtended plugin, which is why I haven't updated my Glo. Could anyone tell me whether this feature has been restored for sideloaded kepubs or is it still missing?
Donads is offline   Reply With Quote