Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #1321
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon US DE:

The Matchmaking Pact 1-3 by Bonnie Dee. She has been published with Carina Press among others, and I have enjoyed her books a lot in the past.

Quote:
The first three books in The Promise Series at one low price for a limited time.

Five best friends scattered by time and distance will soon come together to witness the wedding vows of one. But in the meantime, each woman make pledges of her own and finds unexpected new love waiting just around the corner. Promises will be made and sometimes broken but sisterhood endures in this series about five forever-friends and the men who love them.

The Seduction Vow, Book 1
After an abruptly ended engagement, Graciela Ramirez is dying of a broken heart AND has to attend her friend’s wedding as the only member of her old group who’s still a virgin. On a quest to reinvent herself as bolder, braver and sexier, she tries crazy new things and intends to have a one night stand. Catapulted into the dating game once more, Graci never expects that Neal, the hot musician she literally runs into at a bar, might be her second chance at love. He’s supposed to be her transition guy, but love doesn’t arrive on a schedule and that annoying virginity may not be as easy to lose as she’d hoped.

The Temporary Promise, Book 2
Waitress and struggling actress Tara Rambeaugh has settled for an occasional commercial or role in local theater—until her best friend’s brother, Luis lights a fire under her by encouraging her to make a big move. Soon Tara is taking more than career risks as she plunges headlong into a steamy relationship with the hot guy she first crushed on as a teen. But war veteran Luis has issues of his own, and Tara doesn’t know if either of them is ready to handle a serious relationship—even as her heart is falling deeper for her Latin lover.

The Matchmaking Pact, Book 3
Corinne Cartright has an agenda: to snap up the office hottie before someone else does. She and her buddy Seth make a pact to each try to land their current crushes and, failing that, to set each other up with the perfect match. But learning more about her friends’ romantic choices causes Corinne to rethink what she wants from a relationship. Is it possible that the man of her dreams has been right in front of her all this time?
Old 12-27-2014, 12:11 PM   #1322
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
Most of the holiday romances I read were somewhat disappointing. Anyone else have better luck?
I am currently enjoying Christmas Beau by Mary Balogh. It is wonderful.
Advert
Old 12-27-2014, 12:52 PM   #1323
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
I had heard something about Dropbox shutting people down for having copyrighted material even though it was a personal calibre library. I heard something similar about OneDrive, I think. Is it still the case that certain cloud services have issues with personal libraries being stored on them?
They were serving the files publicly and had links spread wide about doing so, with mods to calibre to essentially be a searchable file sharing "site".
Old 12-27-2014, 02:53 PM   #1324
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I am currently enjoying Christmas Beau by Mary Balogh. It is wonderful.
I'm reading A Christmas Bride today! It's my first Mary Balogh book and I'm liking it so far.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #1325
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Thank you, koland and Blossom for clarifying about Dropbox!

And thanks to everyone who posted Christmas books they enjoyed! I am definitely making a list for next year's reading.

The ones I read (but were disappointing) were:
An Affair Before Christmas by Eloisa James
While It Was Snowing by Elyssa Patrick
Caribou's Gift by Eve Langlais

I read one that was fairly enjoyable (4 stars) and that was 'Twas the Night After Christmas by Sabrina Jeffries. I definitely want to read more of her books.

Actually, I just checked Goodreads and I also enjoyed The Twelve Nights of Christmas by Sarah Morgan. I think it was probably having 3 duds in a row that made me think I was totally disappointed when it wasn't truly a total loss for the season.

Last edited by Keslynn; 12-27-2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Add another book
Advert
Old 12-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #1326
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I read several new Christmas books I got from Netgalley

Madeleine's Christmas Wish by Ella Quinn
No Christmas Like the Present by Sierra Donovan
Christmas in Cowboy Country Janet Dailey
Huckleberry Christmas (Amish, clean) by Jennifer Beckstrand
Season of Desire by Theresa Romain

I am starting All He Wants for Christmas by Lisa Plumley

My favorite was No Christmas Like the Present. It is a little paranormal but very good. My second favorite is Huckleberry Christmas. These are both very clean romances. If you want some spice Christmas in Cowboy Country. I enjoyed Season of Desire but it felt to similar so many other historical romances published.
So far Madeleine's Christmas Wish was my least favorite.

Last edited by KyBunnies; 12-27-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #1327
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I read Season for Miracles by Marilyn Pappano and it was wonderful. I am reading The Baby and The Bodyguard. I may extend my Christmas reading into the new year.

I do celebrate the traditional 12 days of Christmas if I could only get out of this funk I am in. It's really hard when there is a mobile command center in your parking lot and crime tape around the dumpster. We are waiting on confirmation that the body they found in Beaver Dam Lake is the little boy. They've added three more charges against the mother. (accessory after the fact of murder, altering or destroying evidence and failing to notify law enforcement of the death of her son) It looks like she created he is missing and wandered off to cover up the crime. We have no idea how long he really has been gone yet.

I did surprise hubby this morning with a big breakfast and told him not to get use to it. I'll probably make him some cookies later tonight.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-27-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #1328
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
A Woman of Fortune (Texas Gold Collection) by Kellie Gilbert is FREE today at your fav retailer. Published by Baker/Revell.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=6gPHAgAAQBAJ

http://smile.amazon.com/Woman-Fortun...man+of+fortune
Old 12-27-2014, 05:25 PM   #1329
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Mary Balogh is one of my favorite authors. I finished Christmas Beau. I adored it.

Now starting a book by another of my favorite authors, Victoria Alexander, "What Happens at Christmas."
Old 12-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #1330
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
This might be too steamy for this thread but it's FREE from Evolved Publishing today.

Home is Where the Heat Is by Amelia James.

http://smile.amazon.com/Home-Where-H...re+the+heat+is
Old 12-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #1331
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mary Balogh is one of my favorite authors. I finished Christmas Beau. I adored it.

Now starting a book by another of my favorite authors, Victoria Alexander, "What Happens at Christmas."
She's one of mine too. I have been collecting her books and have read about four of her early regencies and like them all.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #1332
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Just Desserts by Barbara Bretton, an f/m contemporary romance originally out from Jove in 2008.

Hayley had sworn off bad boys until Finn Rafferty set out to win her heart...

Hayley Maitland Goldstein knew all about how those things worked. First a girl giggled, then she sighed, and the next thing you knew she was in Vegas taking her wedding vows in front of a red-haired Elvis with an overbite. You knew you had made a bad choice when Elvis slipped you his divorce lawyer’s business card while you were still shaking the rice from your hair.

But then Finn Rafferty came into her life and everything changed.

Hayley should have seen the kiss coming but it surprised her just the same when she realized she was about to be kissed by a man she actually wanted to kiss back.

Free from the author via KDP Select @ Amazon:

Meant to Be by Zahra Owens, an m/m contemporary romance short. Owens is a Dreamspinner Press author and we've previously gotten one of her novels from them as a holiday giveaway several years back.

Stuck in an airport during a blizzard, Kai meets Toby and they hit it off immediately. After a passionate exchange in the airport bathroom, Kai doesn’t expect to ever see Toby again, but it turns out they’re on the same flight to Seattle.

Five years later Kai and Toby are still together, but their long-distance relationship is becoming a strain on them both, leading to a decision that will change their lives forever.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #1333
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I just read that Roberta Leigh AKA Rachel Lindsay passed away December 19 2014. She was 88. RIP
Old 12-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #1334
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon US DE:

The Madcap Masquerade by Nadine Miller, a trad regency originally published with Signet in 1998.

Quote:
After her mother's death, an impoverished young woman with no prospects for the future receives an irresistible offer from her father, whom she has never met. He offers to pay her to impersonate her long-lost twin sister, who has mysteriously disappeared in Scotland. But she never counted on falling for her sister's fiancé, the Earl of Linley. And what would happen if he found out that the spirited, passionate object of his love was no more than a stand-in bride?
Old 12-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #1335
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway #4) by HelenKay Dimon (C/2 stars)
  • O Little Town of Bramble by Katie Lane (C/2 stars)
  • Violet in Bloom (The Brigertons #17) by Julia Quinn (B/4 stars)
  • Boots on the Ground (Homefront #1) by Rebecca Crowley (B/4 stars)
  • Time Raiders: the Warrior (Time Raiders #6) by Delilah Devlin (D-/1 star)
  • Say You're Mine (Spellbound #1) by Sydney Somers (B+/4 stars)
  • Second Chances (Snow Creek #1) by Adrienne Bell (C/2 stars)
  • One Lucky Night (Snow Creek #2) by Adrienne Bell (B/4 stars)

I have another 10-for-1 code to use at ARe that expires soon. HQN and Mira books were usually my go to with those, so I really miss them being them an eligible publisher

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 12-28.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	133101  

Last edited by library addict; 12-28-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: bought another book
Closed Thread