Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #1306
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah we have spent the morning just sitting looking at nothing. I think we are in shock. I've been playing with my new Windows phone and ugh finding out how much I love Android.
Oh man, I am so sorry, for the poor child and for you and your DH who are so close to the situation. I hope that the love of Christmas will fill your heart and bring you peace.
Old 12-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #1307
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Some very sad and disturbing news. They charge the father with murder this morning and the mother with neglect. I am sick to my stomach and want to throw up. Hubby and I are just holding each other crying. This is a sad Christmas for us.
This is such heartbreaking news.
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #1308
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Merry Christmas romance-reading friends! I'm finally out of bed after being very sick with something that has gone away but left me with bronchitis. It's unbelievable how helpful my husband and 11-yo daughter were at getting ready for holidays after I was down for the count...

I did manage to read a couple novellas while sick and also watch about a season of House MD. And I had made gingerbread cookies (the classic ones from the 1960s Betty Crocker cookbook) ahead of time (those are chocolate-free too, but they're more, hm, classic and healthy than delicious, I suspect. But I have to work around with egg allergies which really does limit what kind of rolled cookies you can make).

Blossom, I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedy in your neighborhood

On the e-reading side, our kids got Kindle Fire tablets for Christmas, so the kids/YA freebies I've been scooping up suddenly came in handy. My daughter has to read 2 of them for school!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #1309
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom

Some very sad and disturbing news. They charge the father with murder this morning and the mother with neglect. I am sick to my stomach and want to throw up. Hubby and I are just holding each other crying. This is a sad Christmas for us.
This is such heartbreaking news.
Blossom - Despite the statistics about missing children that someone noted upthread, I'd remained hopeful for a happy outcome. I am so sorry to learn the tragic outcome and send prayers to you, your hubby, and everyone else affected by that devastating loss.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #1310
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
And so young

Frozen by Meljean Brook is free at Amazon.
Advert
Old 12-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #1311
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
She has an Amazon account koland. I was just making it easier for her to find what books I have.

I prefer that some books I download do not go to her Kindle also. But I am letting her decide.
You can join the two account together (both of you have to be at the computer or on the kindle at the same time, to enter passwords), then she can search your acct the same as hers.

Otherwise, I'd use dropbox, which drops them onto her computer. she just has to be comfortable searching her computer.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #1312
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
I need / want to upload my book library to something like dropbox but I am not fond of dropbox. I have close to 100 gb of data. Any suggestions for a site to hold this and something that will not cost a lot of money
I like copy.com as well. I have the free account (15GB), but I believe they have a "pro" account for like $4.99pm/49.99py 250GB iirc.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #1313
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
So sorry to hear about this...It makes me sick when stuff like this happens
Old 12-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #1314
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I like copy.com as well. I have the free account (15GB), but I believe they have a "pro" account for like $4.99pm/49.99py 250GB iirc.
Copy doesn't have a way to upload other than the desktop program to upload files. It would also take weeks to upload 100GB. I can't even use them for more than a gig before the service chokes.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:49 PM   #1315
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Copy doesn't have a way to upload other than the desktop program to upload files. It would also take weeks to upload 100GB. I can't even use them for more than a gig before the service chokes.
Upload speeds are very slow with Copy but it's the only program I found that accepts shortcuts.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #1316
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I think I am going to go with OneDrive or Google Docs. Since she has a google email that might be easier for her.

I spent 5 hours yesterday showing her how to download and read after setting up the Fire to her account. I gave her a few Amazon gift cards I was saving so she could download some books. She found a case she loved with a screen protector.

She did not know the Fire had apps like her phone so she was putting in her contact, and notes when I left last night.

She use to read years ago but life got in the way and working 90 minutes away from home she just did not have time. She is not retired so has more time. She was very excited that she could add music to listen while working out.

She is happy with it so it does not matter. I know I will probably spend more time answering questions or showing her how to do something but that does not matter.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:36 AM   #1317
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I think I am going to go with OneDrive or Google Docs. Since she has a google email that might be easier for her.

I spent 5 hours yesterday showing her how to download and read after setting up the Fire to her account. I gave her a few Amazon gift cards I was saving so she could download some books. She found a case she loved with a screen protector.

She did not know the Fire had apps like her phone so she was putting in her contact, and notes when I left last night.

She use to read years ago but life got in the way and working 90 minutes away from home she just did not have time. She is not retired so has more time. She was very excited that she could add music to listen while working out.

She is happy with it so it does not matter. I know I will probably spend more time answering questions or showing her how to do something but that does not matter.
Google Docs app wont work on the Kindle Fire without modding.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #1318
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I had heard something about Dropbox shutting people down for having copyrighted material even though it was a personal calibre library. I heard something similar about OneDrive, I think. Is it still the case that certain cloud services have issues with personal libraries being stored on them?

Most of the holiday romances I read were somewhat disappointing. Anyone else have better luck?

I'm currently going back to some series I love so I know they will be decent. Current pick: Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. I'm currently on The Darkest Lie.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:29 AM   #1319
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
I had heard something about Dropbox shutting people down for having copyrighted material even though it was a personal calibre library. I heard something similar about OneDrive, I think. Is it still the case that certain cloud services have issues with personal libraries being stored on them?

Most of the holiday romances I read were somewhat disappointing. Anyone else have better luck?

I'm currently going back to some series I love so I know they will be decent. Current pick: Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. I'm currently on The Darkest Lie.
Those people probably had their stuff in a public folder and Dropbox will remove public access if a DMCA complaint is filed. They do not check your content otherwise. You are allowed to back up your files as long as you keep them private.

They autoscan all shared files and if a hash matches a file that a DMCA complaint about it they remove sharing access of that file.

This might be what you were talking about.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-27-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #1320
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post

My favorite holiday stories I read this year were:
  • This Winter Heart by PG Forte
  • Kissing Her Scrooge. by Kinley Cade
  • Her Holiday Man by Shannon Stacey
  • Hero's Homecoming by Rebecca Crowley
  • Starting from Scratch (Bitterthorn, Texas #2) by Stacy Gail
  • Winter Fusion (Perma #1) by Anna Hackett
  • Naughty or Nice? (Jingle Spells anthology) by Vicki Lewis Thompson
  • His First Noelle (Jingle Spells anthology) by Kira Sinclair
  • Unwrapping Her Perfect Match (London Legends # 3.5) by Kat Latham
  • No Mistletoe Required by Jeanette Murray
  • Merry Christmas, Baby (Lucky Harbor #12.5) by Jill Shalvis