Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #1216
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
With such time lag it's not good even for writing...

What is the point of having 16 grayscales if everything lags so much.I cannot imagine using a mouse cursor with such time lag...
For me, the interest is to read on the Max2's screen connected to my computer by the HDMI port. With this type of usage, the 'lag' is not a big problem. If I can use it like a standard monitor it will be nice.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #1217
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
Here Max2 keep 16 shades for each pixel. No magic for Carta screen.
Then the same in A2 mode should be several times faster. We will see.

EDIT: the display that Dasung uses must be the same used in the Max series - still a "Carta".

Quote:
With such time lag it's not good even for writing...
I have not checked the new video, but: a lag a 800ms is not necessarily a problem for writing.

Quote:
What is the point of having 16 grayscales
Which is optional

Quote:
I cannot imagine using a mouse cursor with such time lag...
The real, final effect strongly depends on implementation.

-> -> ->

It is to be seen...

Last edited by mdp; 11-11-2017 at 01:38 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 04:04 AM   #1218
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
If it's already being sold in China, why not ereaderstore too?

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:01 AM   #1219
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post

Because Max is made in China. Think about the new Farrari, you can not buy the newest model in China.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #1220
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
Because Max is made in China. Think about the new Farrari, you can not buy the newest model in China.
You can't buy a Ferrari through web, but you can buy a Max 2

Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #1221
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
You can't buy a Ferrari through web
You can.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:11 PM   #1222
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
You can.
Yes, but few people have enough money to buy a batch and re-sell them, unlike Onyx devices.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #1223
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
I imagine that they are produced in batches and sent out to retail clients according to some internal hierarchy in the shipping schedule.

They seem to be shipping to domestic clients first. The ereaderstore will apparently get their first shipment in December. The important thing is that they are shipping.

Some companies choose to roll out their products as they come off the production line, with various parts of the globe being able to purchase them before other parts. Other companies choose to wait until they have enough product to fulfill all their clients' initial needs and set a date on which they will go on sale worldwide.

If you want it earlier, you are welcome to place an order from those currently selling it. If you would prefer to purchase it from a place where you will get a longer warranty and perhaps better after care service should you need it, you may want to wait a month.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:51 PM   #1224
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Is there any other place in EU apart of ereaderstore which is going to sell Onyx Max2?
Is it really the only place outside China?
Isn't it peculiar?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #1225
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Is there any other place in EU apart of ereaderstore which is going to sell Onyx Max2?
Isn't it peculiar?
Amazon carries it in the USA. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2YW3BIFJ7LW22

Oops, my mistake, This is the Carta with the higher res screen still on Android 4. However, I would expect them to get the later one soon.

I would check it for Europe.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 11-11-2017 at 05:24 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:19 PM   #1226
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Isn't it peculiar?
Peculiar? No.

Perhaps the ereaderstore, through whatever process, acquired the exclusive rights to sell Onyx products in a given geographical area.

I could be mistaken, but isn't Icarus essentially Onyx rebranded under another name? And, it seems that, in the US, the Russian models of Onyx products can be bought through Onyxboox.com... So, there do seem to be alternatives if, for some reason, you don't want to purchase Onyx products through the ereaderstore or via a Chinese vendor.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #1227
phyzjqk
Connoisseur
phyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the roughphyzjqk is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Max2/SP4:Dell x50v /Iliad /Nokia:
Onyx sold 471 Max2 in the first day. They will ship out the devices on Nov. 19th.
phyzjqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:44 PM   #1228
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Peculiar? No.

Perhaps the ereaderstore, through whatever process, acquired the exclusive rights to sell Onyx products in a given geographical area.

I could be mistaken, but isn't Icarus essentially Onyx rebranded under another name? And, it seems that, in the US, the Russian models of Onyx products can be bought through Onyxboox.com... So, there do seem to be alternatives if, for some reason, you don't want to purchase Onyx products through the ereaderstore or via a Chinese vendor.
At least some of the hardware is the same but the software is their own.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:28 PM   #1229
nish2011
nish2011 began at the beginning.

Device: max 2
I was going to buy a sony dpt rp1, but this looks really good, the only thing is not sure if this tablet has a bigger delay than the sony rp1 when writing, but otherwise ticks all the boxes.

Here is the link to the product demo video
nish2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #1230
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
At least some of the hardware is the same but the software is their own.

Dale
Interesting. Didn't know that. Was that in reference to Icarus or the Russian models? Or perhaps both?