Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #106
nathaniel
nathaniel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Deal me in. I should win because my future happiness hinges on me winning this giveaway and finally having an e-book reader. If I have to show up at school without an e-book reader, all the other kids will laugh and point at me. You don't want that on your head, now do you? I didn't think so.

In all seriousness, from reading the other comments there are actually other people more deserving of the e-book reader than I, so how's about you throw one of those nifty consolation prizes my way instead?
Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #107
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
I posted on my Twitter. I should state that I have no followers as I am new at this whole twitter thing but I posted none the less. My twitter account name is MikeLynds. Not to sure how to link to my page... Can we post on our facebook as well??

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 06-12-2009 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Yes, absolutely!
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #108
PeeBus
PeeBus began at the beginning.

Device: EBookwise 1150
Why?

Ebook! Ebook! The librarian shook,

And rolled her eyes in dismay,

As for me,

My leave I took,

And went and read by the bay.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #109
mellina 52
Enthusiast
mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mellina 52 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505. IPAD
Please enter me in the contest.

It would be nice to win something just once in my life.

Thank you. Mellina
Old 06-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #110
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3
I'm in! Consider this my "official" entry...

Also, I have a suggestion -- instead of a K2, would it be possible for the winner to win an up to the cost of a K2 and giving them the option to upgrade to a DX (if they kick in the extra $$ of course).

Why do *I* deserve to win? Well, I probably don't! I certainly don't need another eBook reader.

That is why if I win, I would a Kindle (or if given the option -- pay for an upgrade for a Kindle DX) to sponsor an essay contest at The Fletcher Academy here in Raleigh, NC.

The Fletcher Academy caters to kids K-12 who have learning differences and allows them to succeed academically where they would probably fall through the cracks in public school.

If I had my way, I would love to replace every Nintendo DS in a kids hands with an ebook reader. If I can only do it for one kid... well, its a start.

I'm in no way affiliated with the Fletcher Academy. However, I have an 8 year old with Aspergers -- a high-functioning form of autism -- and so kids with special needs are near and dear to my heart.

Ok... sorry if I got too sappy and brought the lively mood down...

Cheers!
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #111
Mosherix
Enthusiast
Mosherix doesn't litterMosherix doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad, PRS 300
I want to win because the use of eBook reades here is almost nonexistent. With this device I could induce my friends to jump in to this technology.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #112
lightcap
lightcap began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus,Nexus 7,Nook ST
I'd like to enter. I read ebooks on my Palm right now, but it is dieing and I'm almost to the point of ordering an eSlick. I'm waiting for them to confirm that they will support eReader. I want to win an ebook reader because I recently moved and was told by the people who helped me that they would never move me again unless I got rid of some of the hundreds of paper books that rule my apartment. They would have less to complain about if I had my library on a stack of SD cards.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #113
Thrasymachus
Enthusiast
Thrasymachus doesn't litterThrasymachus doesn't litterThrasymachus doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Astak EZ Reader
Ebook Reader Giveaway

I should win the free ebook reader because I'm a selfish bastard and it's destroying my marriage.

Let me explain.

One week ago, after agonizing over the decision for about six months, I plunked down my dollars for a Sony Reader. I love it. Problem is, I only got one for me, and I haven't told my wife about it.

She won't be happy. She needs her own ebook reader.

If I win the giveaway, I can give her a reader of her very own. She'll be happy that I thought of her, and my selfishness will remain hidden ... at least until I encounter my next must-have gadget ...

And here's another reason I should win: after lurking for awhile here at mobileread, I just registered, and this is my very first post!

So, thank you in advance for saving my marriage.

PS Notice how skillfully I avoided piling on the guilt too heavily by mentioning that my wife is disabled.

Last edited by Thrasymachus; 06-11-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Further attempts to guarantee victory.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #114
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I joined MobileRead so that I could vote in one of desertgrandma's polls. If I get a new eBook reader, I promise to vote in all of desertgrandma's new polls.

Thank you.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #115
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
The Kindle, the Sony, the Bebook
The Cybook, the Jetbook – oh ebook!
Tho’ your innards are filled
No ink has been spilled!
This ditty is my “pretty plea”-book.

--My lame-o reason for entering is so that I will no longer have to think about reading that seemingly endless, scary thread titled "Mysterious Broken Screen".

(Cybook Gen3 backup, please.)

Lelah
Old 06-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #116
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi

I would like to enter and win the Bookeen Cybook.

If I win I will give it to my partner who doesnt have an ebook reader. We are both quite seriously visually impaired (a rare eye disease) and find it hard to read printed books.

I have a reader but my partner doesnt so it would be a wonderful surprise. Also Its so unseasonably cold here right now that we could both snuggle up under the doona and read all day ..... sod work!

I have put a link to this competition on my blog, and I have sent out an email to my subscribers. You can check out my blog at the link below The post I made is ......

Mobile Read Forums
Uncategorized | Posted by Dawn Jun 12 2009

I love reading ……. on an ebook reader, I have a Sony PRS-505.

There is a fantastic community out there called Mobile Read Forums, its a place we we can gather and chat about books and reading devices or get/offer advice. We are a very friendly bunch of people from all over the world, so come us join us!

They are running an awesome competition at the moment go to the link below and check out the post on the home page. Enter and try and win yourself an ebook reader, you won’t be sorry!

https://www.mobileread.com/

Cheers, until next time.

Dawn

Thank you.
Dawn

Last edited by PDS; 06-11-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #117
LeoRivas
LeoRivas began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-500
Well, I should win because:
-I am the new guy
-My poor old PRS500 is suffering from alzheimer, the H1N1, varicosis and some other age-diseases
and I would be veery grateful!
Cheers!
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #118
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Pick me! Pick me! Um...because I like shiny stuff! ;-)
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #119
dmon65
Connoisseur
dmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enoughdmon65 will become famous soon enough

Device: SmartQ7, a 1st gen Nook and a Kobo Glo and Aura H2O
I would like to be entered into this wondrous contest too!

Why should I win?

Research is always a good thing...
Until it becomes an obsessive/compulsive illness! The search for the reader for me has become a nightly, hours long scouring of the interwebs! Winning a PRS-700, no maybe a Kindle? Cybook? No, an iLiad.

I'm starting to sweat again! Let me win and I can focus my obsessiveness on ebook creation instead of the reader itself!

That, and find an Avatar... And a Sig. Oh, and a SmartQ 7!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #120
revfish
The Pastor of Disaster
revfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-booksrevfish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-650, Apple iPad 3 64GB Wifi
I would like to enter to win another Sony 505.

I think I should win because:

My father-in-Law needs his own Reader so he will stop stealing my wife's when a new book comes out that he wants to read.

We currently have bought three 505s for our household which includes 8 people total, 5 of them are 17+. I can't afford to buy another one since I bought the last three.

I have made a good half dozen homebrew cases for 505s and need to fill them.

We currently have three generations of avid readers in our house and need to keep this love going on.

I am already a regular reader and occasional poster on the 505 forums. I am not a frequent poster because I was taught not to speak up unless you have something significant to say and I don't want to waste my peers time and bandwidth. This makes my 100th post.

505s are just the ultimate gift.

Last edited by revfish; 06-11-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Closed Thread