Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-02-2023, 01:04 AM   #106
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can do this for author links in a template search. There is a template function that returns the author links for an author. You would check for each author of a book (a for statement). If the count of links for any author is zero then the template would return "matched" or whatever you specify in the search.

At the moment you can't do this for links other than authors without using a python template.
I made this for now, though it doesn't work so well for multiple authors. Will improve later

Code:
template:"""program: link =author_links('|',','); if link then 'true' else 'false' fi#@#:t:false"""

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-02-2023 at 02:10 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:41 AM   #107
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Me too

BR
The "Copy all links" changes are in calibre source.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #108
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Thought: Currently, Single-book MDE has the 'Manage authors' button. Would it make sense to also have 'Manage' buttons (alternately, put it in right-click menu) for other normalized fields to make it easier to add the links without closing the dialog first?
In calibre source.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:13 PM   #109
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EDIT: Oops, user error (wrong columntype). Category editor buttons look good

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-02-2023 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:20 PM   #110
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@chaley - category editor looks good. The 'use CTRL or SHIFT for category editor' tooltip isn't present on custom taglikes though, only tags. I tried to take a screenshot but it's being fussy.
It is for me. Make sure you are in fact looking at a tag-like column. Enums and non-tags text don't have item editors.

Genre, a tags-like custom column:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	200761

enum2, not tags-like

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	200762
Advert
Old 04-02-2023, 04:21 PM   #111
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yeah, I realized that I was looking at a normal text column
Old 04-02-2023, 04:28 PM   #112
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
Thought: Currently, Single-book MDE has the 'Manage authors' button. Would it make sense to also have 'Manage' buttons (alternately, put it in right-click menu) for other normalized fields to make it easier to add the links without closing the dialog first? For tag-likes, jump to the first item.
In calibre source.
And from the the book list cells?

If not done already, how about Ctrl+F2 to pop the Manage category dialogue, considering Shift+F2 already pops the Manage items dialogue for tag like cells.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 04:34 PM   #113
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Add it to the right-click when editing? Don't think that would work for enumerateds though and would be less convenient when keyboard-only.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:43 PM   #114
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
And from the the book list cells?

If not done already, how about Ctrl+F2 to pop the Manage category dialogue, considering Shift+F2 already pops the Manage items dialogue for tag like cells.

BR
Ctrl+F2 sets the field to the empty string thus clearing it if you hit Return, except for for some reason buried in history, Authors. And for the same buried reason, Shift+F2 doesn't open the item editor for Authors but it does for custom "is-names" columns.

I am not going to go here. I am tired of the vituperative comments and bug reports when things get changed, especially things I really don't care about one way or the other.

Quote:
Add it to the right-click when editing? Don't think that would work for enumerateds though and would be less convenient when keyboard-only.
If you are going to use a context menu then add "Manage categories" to the standard one.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:59 PM   #115
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Is Alt+F2 used for any purpose?
Old 04-02-2023, 05:21 PM   #116
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not necessarily, right clicking on a rodent isn't the only way to pop a context menu.

I wouldn't mind (might even prefer) if the Manage xxxx category and Select xxxx items options were available in the cell edit context menus - and greyed if not appropriate. Then I could get at them when I tab into a cell.

@chaley - been on my mind for years to suggest the Manage items : <category> dialogue be rebranded to Select items : <category>.

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-03 065339.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	200763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-03 071341.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	200764  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2023 at 05:34 PM. Reason: added screen shots
Old 04-02-2023, 05:30 PM   #117
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Ctrl+F2 sets the field to the empty string thus clearing it if you hit Return,
Not sure I knew that, I just hit F2 (or Tab), Del, Enter.

But, the more I think about it, having Manage and Select optons in the cell edit context menu is where we should have gone way back when… you added the Shift+F2 feature.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2023 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:48 PM   #118
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Perhaps adding a button to the Item Editor that opens the Category Manager? Shift+F2 opens Editor, tab a few times, then enter to get into Manager.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:56 AM   #119
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Unexpected behaviour. Having difficulty replicating it because I'm not sure of the exact sequence of actions, but it was roughly this:

1. While a search was active, I added a new book.
2. While editing the book, I clicked on the Category Editor (I believe it saved changes) for publisher and merged it with another.
3. At some point (either while the category editor was open or right after closing it) I noticed the book details pane in the background had changed to a different book.
4. Then I got an error similar to 'no such book id'.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 04-03-2023 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2023, 06:52 AM   #120
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Unexpected behaviour. Having difficulty replicating it because I'm not sure what order I did things in:

1. While a search was active, I added a new book.
2. While editing the book, I clicked on the Category Editor (I believe it saved changes) for publisher and merged it with another.
3. At some point (either while the category editor was open or right after closing it) I noticed the book details had changed to the other one.
4. Then I got an error similar to 'no such book id'.
The category editor refreshes the search. If the refreshed search doesn't find the changed publisher then some other book will get selected, or perhaps no book. This will change book details. I can't say why the "no book id" happened because you don't say where the error happened.

Note: this behavior has been there for a long time. You just never changed in edit metadata an author you had searched for.