Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #106
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I didn't notice the name listed, but how about Judith McNaught? I love her historical romances. Too bad none of them are available in ebook format (legally, at least).
Her novel Perfect was just that, perfect!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #107
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Her novel Perfect was just that, perfect!
I don't really like her contemporaries all that much (albeit, they are still better than most I read). I started reading her books in high school and all four of us roommates each had a favorite historical romance of hers - Almost Heaven, Something Wonderful, Until You, and Whitney, My Love.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #108
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
MR has a whole section of Romance...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebo...enreid=romance

Also Feedbooks has a Romance section...
http://www.feedbooks.com/books/asc?lang=en&type=Romance
Thanks for that info!

Any personal favorites?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #109
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
In looking at Feedbooks, I found these:
If you like the old-fashioned romances (very clean and wholesome), I liked anything by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I remember also reading Beverly of Graustaruk (McCutcheon) from my mother's library as a tween and liked that as well. Alcott, of course, and Reinhart for that mix of mystery and romance. There are lots of classic authors whose names you will recognize.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #110
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
In MR there are fewer authors I recognize. Bronte, of course, and Gene Stratton Porter I know, but not this book. I am probably one of the few who never got through any of the Austen books...I intend to try again someday.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #111
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I am not reader of romances (though my sister is), but I'm suprised that nobody has scanned Emilie Loring's works on MobileRead. She died in 1951, which makes her PD in Canada since 2002 (at least the works she published in her lifetime, there rest were ghost written and still under Canadian copyright)....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #112
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (sangria red), PRS-350 (silber), Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Are there any good "classic" romance novels that are expired copyrights? You know free books?
Another source with beautifully formated classic romance is http://girlebooks.com/

And since you're asking for some recommendations, my personal favourites are Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey (Jane Austen), North and South (Elisabeth Gaskell), The Scarlet Pimpernel (Baroness Orczy), The Black Moth (Georgette Heyer) to name just a few.
The YA classics Heidi, the Anne of Green Gables series and Little Women are also over there.

Happy reading!
sunsetsylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #113
sunsetsylvia
Enthusiast
sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sunsetsylvia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (sangria red), PRS-350 (silber), Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnoto View Post
I am probably one of the few who never got through any of the Austen books...I intend to try again someday.
My incentive to start reading Austen was Bridget Jones (movie and book) and I was just sooo curious about that original Mr. Darcy.
And, boy, did it work. Through that avenue I polished up my school english, got into fanfiction and ultimately here.
sunsetsylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #114
laurichu
laurichu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have been reading romances since I was 15 and even though I know many authors my personal favourite one will always be Judith McNaught... Perfect and Paradise are my favourite books :-)
laurichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #115
laurichu
laurichu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I totally agree! :-)
laurichu is offline   Reply With Quote