Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2015, 05:39 AM   #106
percla71
percla71 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Many thanks. Another question, do I have to remove files ? or they will disappear after installation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=84

If you copy them to the right place ( .kobo directory) the device restarts by itself when you unplug it from usb and up or downgrade.
After that,all your books are there, no factory reset needed..
percla71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:58 AM   #107
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by percla71 View Post
Many thanks. Another question, do I have to remove files ? or they will disappear after installation?
They will magically dissapear by itself
BUT:
If you don't patch it, it will update automatically at the next resync, if you don't use synchronisation like me, and use Calibre, it will stay at the old firmware, but connecting it to Kobo's desktop software means that it will renew the software when it is present..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 AM   #108
percla71
percla71 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO HD
Yes, I know. I seldom use synchronisation, and I can interrupt download.
I use Calibre to transfer books

Quote:
They will magically dissapear by itself
BUT:
If you don't patch it, it will update automatically at the next resync, if you don't use synchronisation like me, and use Calibre, it will stay at the old firmware, but connecting it to Kobo's desktop software means that it will renew the software when it is present..
percla71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #109
Gabriel.Voyager
Connoisseur
Gabriel.Voyager began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage 3G, Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Mini Retina
Kobo Glo HD
FullScreenReading=true
installed 3.18.0
patched 3.18.0
original kepub downloaded from Kobo
no bug with the refresh every page!
Yeah!
Gabriel.Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:33 AM   #110
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Thank you for Turkish language support.
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #111
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.Voyager View Post
Kobo Glo HD
FullScreenReading=true
installed 3.18.0
patched 3.18.0
original kepub downloaded from Kobo
no bug with the refresh every page!
Yeah!
You will when you follow this "guideline" https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=67
Because my two Glo HD's do have it to..
Old 09-29-2015, 11:27 AM   #112
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
I think volpo is referring to the extra space taken up by the progress indicator at the bottom of the screen compared to reading in full-screen mode. That could be the same as three lines of text from the book, depending on font size selected.

Yes that is correct. I figure about 3 lines at my usual font size settings.

I'll just wait until the next firmware release and hope for the best.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #113
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't understand? The chapter/page# info in the footer only takes up about one line of vertical space on all my devices with fw 3.18.0, for either epub or kepub. I don't use FullScreen mode.

I do have Geoff's excellent Custom Footer patch enabled, of course.

I wouldn't hold out hope for Kobo reducing the height of the unpatched footer. Every unpatched fw I've ever seen has a large footer.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #114
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't understand? The chapter/page# info in the footer only takes up about one line of vertical space on all my devices with fw 3.18.0, for either epub or kepub. I don't use FullScreen mode.

I do have Geoff's excellent Custom Footer patch enabled, of course.

I wouldn't hold out hope for Kobo reducing the height of the unpatched footer. Every unpatched fw I've ever seen has a large footer.
I think the total is numbered/meaned, one line under the page xx of xx txt, the line with the txt itself and one above it before the ending of the txt so:

Last line of the book txt
-empty- 1
- page xx of xx - 2
-empty- 3
Bezel..
Old 09-29-2015, 01:21 PM   #115
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Turkish dictionary is completely broken.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #116
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
I think the total is numbered/meaned, one line under the page xx of xx txt, the line with the txt itself and one above it before the ending of the txt so:

Last line of the book txt
-empty- 1
- page xx of xx - 2
-empty- 3
Bezel..
I see it as:
Last line of text
space
space
page xx of xx

Wasted space that 3 lines of text could occupy.

Really though a minor quibble. Not like refresh every page, that flash would really get on my nerves after a while.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:08 PM   #117
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I see it as:
Last line of text
space
space
page xx of xx

Wasted space that 3 lines of text could occupy.

Really though a minor quibble. Not like refresh every page, that flash would really get on my nerves after a while.
The position of the page xx of xx can be changed in the patch (by giving it an negative value I believe.. don't have the patch here right now) but I don't know it when you lower the position,the txt changes to, so if the page xx of xx is dropped, the last line of txt also moves lower, can u post a screenshot of how it is now ?? in the patch topic for this firmware are screenshots of mine, can u compare those to see if you have the same margin between the last line of txt and the place where mine page xx of xx is ??
Old 09-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #118
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
How about Kobo Mini? Is it available for it?
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #119
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: the chapter/page info in the footer...

Just for info, these 2 images are fairly typical of what I see (epub left, kepub right).

Where the text ends will depend on the font-size/line-spacing you choose and also whether the book has a small margin between each paragraph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	epub.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	142451   Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	142452  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #120
JaBu
JaBu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Mini
As posted here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261853 there are at least two users, me and DNSB, running 3.18 (the mark4-version) on the mini. No problems so far (kepubs), DNSB seems to be reading only epubs.
JaBu is offline   Reply With Quote