Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #106
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
LOL man, those guys are on top of stuff....the adb connect over wifi worked for me, thanks alot for that!

Now to figure out how to add my icons back on, and I'll be set!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:31 AM   #107
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Okay, figured it out! Page turns are ohhh so good. WOW!!!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 03:47 AM   #108
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I'm impressed with both the shelves and the new non-shelf view. More books /screen = good.

I'm really impressed with the new page turn speed. It's so much faster, and much more consistent.

My Kindle 3 envy is gone now
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 AM   #109
sjkevin
Connoisseur
sjkevin is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
Apparently, they're still tweaking things a little, which is why there's nothing up on nookdevs.com yet.
sjkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:10 AM   #110
fury7
fury7 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I managed to get my soft-rooted nook working on 1.5 version.

Yep. Although I won't recommend to try this, but this is how it get works.

I had a mynook.ru as default launcher, then from mynook.ru, I access the B&N home menu.

When I accessed B&N home , the software updates itself and install firmware 1.5 into my nook. It rebooted my nook, and after I rebooted, the main screen instead have a menu, asking me to choose whether to use mynook.ru or b&N official as default launcher. I chose mynook.ru launcher, then I installed nooklauncher on my nook, pressed the button "make nooklauncher as default" , and rebooted it once again.

The result, a 1.5 firmware nook with nookdev launcher on it.
fury7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #111
ninsei_hk
ninsei_hk began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Shelves gone after Nook reboot...

Did anyone notice that Shelves are gone once you shut down and restart your Nook? I tried that couple of times to verify, happens all the time...
ninsei_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #112
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Thanks to all you who have posted their results. Without ADB over USB, the softrooting will not work at all for me so I will sit tight and wait until nookdev gets around to fixing the bugs. They still have nothing at all on their site, not even a mention that they are aware of 1.5. If anyone finds something somewhere on their site, please post a link. I routinely cannot find things over there.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #113
cypresstwist
Nooking in Romania
cypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't littercypresstwist doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsei_hk View Post
Did anyone notice that Shelves are gone once you shut down and restart your Nook? I tried that couple of times to verify, happens all the time...
Someone else noted that today here. I tried it about 5 hours ago. Created shelves, shut down my Nook and started it up again. The Shelves were still there.
cypresstwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #114
ninsei_hk
ninsei_hk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypresstwist View Post
Someone else noted that today here. I tried it about 5 hours ago. Created shelves, shut down my Nook and started it up again. The Shelves were still there.
I wonder if the fact that I did not register my Nook can influence the Shelves behavior. I've also experienced one weird case of my screen being completely filled with trash (last page of recently viewed book + remainings of Nook walpaper mixed up) instead of wallpaper... All this after upgrade to 1.5, Nook was working great with 1.4.1 firmware.
BTW: Just tried turn off/turn on sequence on my Nook. Shelves are gone again...
ninsei_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #115
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrist View Post
Is there other place to get this file? I´m getting BAD GATEWAY ERROR on this one.

Thanks.
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #116
graphicsgirl
Connoisseur
graphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enoughgraphicsgirl will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook wifi, Ebookwise 1150, Dell Axim x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsei_hk View Post
I wonder if the fact that I did not register my Nook can influence the Shelves behavior. I've also experienced one weird case of my screen being completely filled with trash (last page of recently viewed book + remainings of Nook walpaper mixed up) instead of wallpaper... All this after upgrade to 1.5, Nook was working great with 1.4.1 firmware.
BTW: Just tried turn off/turn on sequence on my Nook. Shelves are gone again...
Hmm..the one shelf I created also disappeared after I restarted the Nook. I also do not have it registered. Thanks for this info so I won't bother organizing the books and have all the hard work disappear.
graphicsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #117
Lori Devoti
Author and Nook Lover
Lori Devoti began at the beginning.

I've been trying to update via WiFi, but so far only getting errors.
Lori
Lori Devoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #118
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by smafra View Post
Is there other place to get this file? I´m getting BAD GATEWAY ERROR on this one.

Thanks.
I thought i saw a mirror link somewhere but can't seem to find it. I think they're about to release 2.5.1 soon (fixed adb over usb) so i will post that if i see it.
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #119
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Sync works! w00t!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #120
Encepheron
Encepheron began at the beginning.

I love the new update

One question though...I like the view (font size) for Sort By Author but also want Shelves. Is it possible to do that?
Encepheron is offline   Reply With Quote