Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #106
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Since the squash courts here were closed down my balance/precision has dropped off
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #107
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Maybe you should do the 30 second stand on one leg thing several times a day. Its supposed to stave off old age.
By causing you to overbalance and thus shorten your life expectancy dramatically?

(which reminds me, I've not any of my muscle/tendon stretches or my balance exercises for far too long!)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #108
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
By causing you to overbalance and thus shorten your life expectancy dramatically?

(which reminds me, I've not any of my muscle/tendon stretches or my balance exercises for far too long!)
You may die falling over if you are seriously past your use by date!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #109
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
You can do this first thing in the morning without killing yourself?
I've always slept in a high bed. I could even climb down those stairs while half-asleep (like in the middle of the night...)

And we don't have monsters under our bed, and even if we did, they can't get out as our bed is a closed box
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 AM   #110
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I've always slept in a high bed. I could even climb down those stairs while half-asleep (like in the middle of the night...)

And we don't have monsters under our bed, and even if we did, they can't get out as our bed is a closed box

your bed is a closed box !? - now that's the way to keep the cats at bay !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #111
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
To be honest, I don't know where the snooze button is on my clock or was on the previous one. I don't learn its location on the purpose, I also place the alarm clock a bit away from me, so it is not easy to reach.
Also, I don't make it too loud, so I don't get headache when the radio is triggered.
I sleep with ear plugs, so if it's not loud enough, I can't hear an alarm clock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
your bed is a closed box !? - now that's the way to keep the cats at bay !
If I remember correctly from the photo Sweetpea posted, she means that the lower part of the bed, the frame, is a closed box.

I've always wanted an alcove bed. Right now I have a tiny bedroom, which almost, but not quite, amounts to the same thing.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #112
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
If I remember correctly from the photo Sweetpea posted, she means that the lower part of the bed, the frame, is a closed box.
Yep.

Naturally, if we put the head part up, we often do have two monsters under the bed, who don't want to come out..

We'll have to change our morning routine. Our kitchen has been installed so, now we can get boiling hot water out of the tap. Which means, we don't have to wait till the other one is done showering (because before, if one was showering, and the other took water to boil, the one in the shower would either freeze or be cooked...) Also, we don't have a fridge in the kitchen yet, so we'll have to go to the utility room (where we do have a fridge), get the butter and such, move back to the kitchen, prepare our breakfast and lunch, and bring the butter and such back to the utility room. Which is at completely the other side of the house...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #113
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or you could picnic in the utility room
Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 AM   #114
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Sweetpea & Ea

Ladies, you ought to know GeoffC and his twisted sense of humour by now
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #115
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Sweetpea & Ea

Ladies, you ought to know GeoffC and his twisted sense of humour by now
In that case, the joke whoooshed past me a mile away
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #116
PDowns
Enthusiast
PDowns doesn't litterPDowns doesn't litter

Device: (jetBook)lost in mail;(Kobo;ipod touch;Samsung S
Wet doggie kisses wake me, up to let them out! Let them out turn on the radio, make coffee read MR; on weekend, same during the week except rad MR at lunch break!!
PDowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #117
PDowns
Enthusiast

as you can tell havn't had the coffe part yet!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #118
PDowns
Enthusiast

And do you drink blood too....
Old 10-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #119
Jakie
Connoisseur
Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jakie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Blackberry playbook and Q10
As I work nights, and only 8 hour shifts (worked 12 hour shifts for 13 years), I wake up naturally, sans alarm, at whatever time the body wills it....yup, you do wake up naturally, one does NOT need an alarm clock, stagger down stairs, thanks to three knee surgeries (only two knees) and have coffee, and cold cereal in front of the computer, reading MR, and slateroid. VERY relaxed for the first time in approx 40 plus years of school and work.
Jakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #120
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Every time I read the title of this thread I'm reminded of the mondegreen Maxell used in a tape ad years back:

Get up in the mornin, sleeping for bread sir.
Sold out to every monk and beef-head.
Oh-oh, me ears are alight.
Why find my kids, they buck up and a-leave me.
Darling cheesehead, I was yards to greasy.
Oh-oh, me ears are alight.
sweet one, please do translate this to us. will you kindly? so that we can share it.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote