Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 08:48 AM   #106
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Would it be possible to create a patch to lock the Forma in left- or right-handed mode?

I run mine locked in portrait, but it still flips upside down now and again, and it always seems to do that far easier than flipping back
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #107
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Thank you! Maybe I’ll switch to the new patch then... maybe Mostly depending on whether it would mean saying no to the new firmware every single time it synced (ugh) and whether there’d still be a ‘danger’ of updating on a restart (ie if tgz is not deleted). I’ll wait for your test results
Although I never got around to testing it, a new firmware was released today (and I'll do the patches on Sunday). My patch works perfectly and shows a nice confirmation dialog along with the release notes, skip, and download. It does not actually download the update unless you press download.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #108
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Would it be possible to create a patch to lock the Forma in left- or right-handed mode?

I run mine locked in portrait, but it still flips upside down now and again, and it always seems to do that far easier than flipping back
I think it will be more trouble than it's worth, judging by a quick look at the code. I'll look at it in depth a bit more while I'm updating the patches for 4.12.12111 this weekend.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #109
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Although I never got around to testing it, a new firmware was released today (and I'll do the patches on Sunday). My patch works perfectly and shows a nice confirmation dialog along with the release notes, skip, and download. It does not actually download the update unless you press download.
Oooh that sounds perfect, thank you for confirming! Sorry for another follow up question: what happens if you select Skip, and then sync again a bit later? Does it offer the new firmware again every time? Or does it remember I’m not interested? (And if you’re able to predict, if it does remember I’m not interested, will it offer again when an even newer FW is released?)

Thanks!

And a little cheeky reminder of this request, just in case you missed it as the thread did go off-topic for a bit after I posted it:

Quote:
Re: the reading footer toggle between page number, percent read and time remaining:

Quote:
I might be able to patch the long-tap [to a short tap] if you want.
Yes please!!

(Just adding my request from the other thread to here.)
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #110
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
I think it will be more trouble than it's worth, judging by a quick look at the code. I'll look at it in depth a bit more while I'm updating the patches for 4.12.12111 this weekend.
Thanks a lot anyway for looking into it. If it can't be done, it can't be done.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 AM   #111
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Oooh that sounds perfect, thank you for confirming! Sorry for another follow up question: what happens if you select Skip, and then sync again a bit later? Does it offer the new firmware again every time? Or does it remember I’m not interested? (And if you’re able to predict, if it does remember I’m not interested, will it offer again when an even newer FW is released?)
It will offer it on every sync, and for every firmware version.

Quote:
And a little cheeky reminder of this request, just in case you missed it as the thread did go off-topic for a bit after I posted it:
Sorry! I was so busy and forgot about that. I think I did start looking into it, but got a bit stuck figuring out where the delay was stored. I might be able to track it down with the qt metacalls, but it'll be when I have more time.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #112
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It will offer it on every sync, and for every firmware version.
Aahh I see... hmm maybe I’ll stick with the ‘dangerous’ no-updates patch then, I sync often (for Pocket), and having to say Skip all the time would drive me crazy.

Quote:
Sorry! I was so busy and forgot about that. I think I did start looking into it, but got a bit stuck figuring out where the delay was stored. I might be able to track it down with the qt metacalls, but it'll be when I have more time.

No don’t worry about it at all! You’re way too busy. There’s no rush for the patch, I’d really love for it to be developed but please take your time and do other more important things first!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #113
geek1011
Wizard

From the FW 4.12.12111 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
If someone has this firmware installed on a lower-resolution device such as Touch or Glo, could you post a screenshot of the first page of this test ePub please? margintest.epub (it shows a thin rectangle filling the available screen area. Sideload it as an ePub, don't convert it to KePub.)

Take screenshots with and without the show header option ticked. This will let us work out the size of the header to allow for in the `ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins` patch.

(Edit: Screenshots from other devices like H20 wold be useful too.)
Old 12-14-2018, 10:15 AM   #114
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Aahh I see... hmm maybe I’ll stick with the ‘dangerous’ no-updates patch then, I sync often (for Pocket), and having to say Skip all the time would drive me crazy.
Can't you use Refresh from menu in the Articles list? That doesn't check for new firmware as far as I know, it only gets new pocket articles. I assume doing it this way you wouldn't see the download/skip message.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #115
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@geek1011

I know your are bussy these days but can you check if there's some option to make something for my patch request?

Except the WiFi insomnia that jcn363 has already shown me that exists in "Developer options".

Thanks
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:38 AM   #116
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Can't you use Refresh from menu in the Articles list? That doesn't check for new firmware as far as I know, it only gets new pocket articles. I assume doing it this way you wouldn't see the download/skip message.

Hmm that’s a good idea, thanks!

I do like being lazy though and just leaving the WiFi on. It’s nice just having the articles there when I browse to Pocket on my Clara, instead of having to wait for it to sync before I can start reading. But I’ll look into it anyway
Old 12-15-2018, 08:32 AM   #117
Dirk-71
Zealot
Dirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolateDirk-71 is generous with chocolate

Device: Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One, Glo HD, Clara 2E
Since firmware 4.11.11980 the navigationbar appears always when tapping on the center of the display. Would be nice to have an option to handle this behaviour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_002.png
Views:	344
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	168381  
Dirk-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #118
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Hey, @geek1011, I found a bug of "Replace adobe page numbers toggle with invert screen".

I put

[DeveloperSettings]
EnableDebugServices=true

into "Kobo eReader.conf" and enable "Invert Screen" in Settings->Developer options(The "Invert Screen" in "Reading Settings" is unchecked), and it works perfectly even after I power it off/on again, the status will keep as I set in "Developer options".

But if use this "Invert Screen" patch and enable it in "Reading Settings" (before enabling this patch, I disable/uncheck "Invert Screen" in "Developer options" and remove the above lines in "Kobo eReader.conf" and power off/on): it works OK, once I power it off/on again, the effect will be gone, the white-text-black-background effect will restore to the white-background-black-text, but the status of the "Invert Screen" item in "Reading Settings" is still what I set (on/check status), so if I want it white-text-black-background again, I have to uncheck-check it again.

This bug can be reproduced. I've tried it multiple times.

FYI: Kobo Forma 4.11.12019 and patched

This is still a bug on the latest 4.12.12111 patches. I've tried it on both Kobo Forma and Kobo Aura One
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:50 AM   #119
tumbi
tumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watchtumbi is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Forma
Would it be possible to have a VERY small footer - like 1 or 2 pixels high - and show a book progress bar (or chapter progress bar if that’s what people want). It would allow an almost full screen display of text, but provide continuous information on where you are up to.

I am not sure how many pixels would be required to be clearly visible with high res screens, but I would be happy to try it with a 2 pixel bar.

Last edited by tumbi; 12-17-2018 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Typing error
tumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:55 AM   #120
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbi View Post
Would it be possible to have a VERY small footer - like 1 or 2 pixels high - and show a book progress bar (or chapter progress bar if that’s what people want). It would allow an almost full screen display of text, but provide continuous information on where you are up to.

I am not sure how many pixels would be required to be clearly visible with high res screens, but I would be happy to try it with a 2 pixel bar.
Hmm. Interesting idea. No promises, and this is just a thought, but I wonder if I can make use of the Quick Turn progress bar for this ... I'll have to play around with this next weekend.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests