Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #106
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Everytime I use a custom column to search from, it doesn't return anything.

I've tried with several different custom columns. Maybe it's me who's doing this the wrong way. But I've used the settings I've shown you earlier.

1. Checkmark in CL Duplicates.

2. Execute Search [Another Library: All Books]

3. Log window shows up empty.

When I use Calibre's own Authors column it always shows up. It even shows a book in which the author isn't the same but the title is.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #107
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good testing. I will take it from here. Thanks.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2016, 06:36 PM   #108
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MCS: Beta 2 of Cross-Library Duplicates Search with Custom Columns

@Tanjamuse:

Beta #2 is attached, as well as an example of my test results

It is not optimized for speed yet, by the way. It has to work properly before I can optimize it.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-28-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Removed obsolete attachments.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:36 AM   #109
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

It seems to be working ok.

Although I don't quite understand that I can use a custom column that doesn't exist in a library to search for duplicates in another library

Also, if I use the standard author-column it finds all the stories allthough the authors aren't spelled the same.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:15 AM   #110
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
It seems to be working ok.

[1] Although I don't quite understand that I can use a custom column that doesn't exist in a library to search for duplicates in another library

[2] Also, if I use the standard author-column it finds all the stories allthough the authors aren't spelled the same.
[1] In Calibre, you can search for anything in the Search Bar, even if it does not exist. In MCS, for CL Intra-Book searches, it does not yet know what the other library has or does not have. So, the validation is lax. It is up to the user to drive responsibly. I added nothing special for CL Duplicates in that regard.

[2] You must be referring to a book with multiple authors. Each individual author is spelled the same. It is the sort that is different. Calibre shows it by sequence added in the current library, but MCS shows them sorted alphabetically. Same authors, though.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 07-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #111
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I'll PM you with the 2 libraries?
Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 AM   #112
DaltonST
Deviser

Perhaps what you see is related to the author sort. Use bulk edit to set all author sorts automatically in both libraries. Titles too. Then retest.

MCS does not use the sort fields.

FN LN or LN, FN might be involved.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:55 AM   #113
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've sent you the libraries in a PM ... I still see the authors even though the names aren't the same.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #114
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've tried on another couple of libraries and there I get the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.56.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not iterable

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages && EpubMerge && Find Duplicates && Save Composite Custom Columns && Reading List && MultiColumnSearch && FanFicFare && User Category && Generate Cover && Modify ePub
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog", line 417, in search_another_library
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog", line 375, in execute_mcs
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 351, in search_request_control
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 6165, in search_request_control_cl_duplicates
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 6256, in cl_duplicates_search_control
  File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui", line 6602, in cl_duplicates_compare_cc_col1
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
Do the libraries have to have exactly the same columns, because that would be a problem for me.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #115
DaltonST
Deviser

No, they do not have to have the same columns. I will fix that error. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:42 AM   #116
Tanjamuse
Wizard

You're welcome

As long as I use my custom author-columns I think the plugin works.

I'll test with these new libraries and see if they still add all the authors that aren't the same.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #117
DaltonST
Deviser

MCS Beta #3: Cross-Library Duplicates with Custom Columns

Beta #3 is attached. It fixes everything you have mentioned so far.

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-28-2016 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Removed obsolete attachments.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #118
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I got a new error:

PHP Code:
calibreversion 2.56.0
ERROR
Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-pythonTrue is64bitTrue
Windows
-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit''WindowsPE')
(
'Windows''7''6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows
: ('7''6.1.7601''SP1''Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party pluginsModify ePub && FanFicFare && MultiColumnSearch && Reading List && Count Pages && EpubMerge && Generate Cover && Find Duplicates && Save Composite Custom Columns && User Category
Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog"line 417in search_another_library
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog"line 375in execute_mcs
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 351in search_request_control
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6165in search_request_control_cl_duplicates
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6256in cl_duplicates_search_control
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6614in cl_duplicates_compare_cc_col1
TypeError
object of type 'NoneType' has no len() 
Old 07-28-2016, 01:21 PM   #119
DaltonST
Deviser

try this one attached.

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-28-2016 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Removed obsolete attachments.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #120
Tanjamuse
Wizard

And yet another error:

PHP Code:
calibreversion 2.56.0
ERROR
Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

calibre 2.56 [64bit]  embedded-pythonTrue is64bitTrue
Windows
-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit''WindowsPE')
(
'Windows''7''6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows
: ('7''6.1.7601''SP1''Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party pluginsCount Pages && Reading List && Modify ePub && FanFicFare && EpubMerge && Generate Cover && Save Composite Custom Columns && Find Duplicates && MultiColumnSearch && User Category
Traceback 
(most recent call last):

File "calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog"line 417in search_another_library
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.mcs_search_dialog"line 375in execute_mcs
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 351in search_request_control
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6165in search_request_control_cl_duplicates
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6256in cl_duplicates_search_control
  File 
"calibre_plugins.multi_column_search.ui"line 6614in cl_duplicates_compare_cc_col1
TypeError
object of type 'NoneType' has no len() 

Tags
columns, search