Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM   #106
Isamu
Baby eBookworm
Isamu began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
I too ordered on the 9th of October and it says BACKORDERED, so I assume and hope that it will ship out next week.
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #107
joshualee1983cn
joshualee1983cn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
haha, finally, I got an email from ups said that my DR1000s was in shipping! it will arrive on 27th Oct, really good news! But my order status in irex online shop remain unchanged.
joshualee1983cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 AM   #108
joshualee1983cn
joshualee1983cn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
In ups website, it says 'Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of 27/10/2008. '
joshualee1983cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #109
attila
attila began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
According to the official statement (http://i-to-i.irexnet.com/2008/10/21...recent-issues/) there are/were issues with the webshop, so don't worry about it, the important thing is that UPS has it.
attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 AM   #110
sasilk
Connoisseur
sasilk began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12"; Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone happen to have the customer support number handy? It seems to have quietly disappeared from the Irex shop site, and given their known inability to respond to emails...

EDIT: Wonder of wonders, I actually got a reply to my email! In under 2 days even!

Last edited by sasilk; 10-30-2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Further information
sasilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #111
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
They don't have a phone number anymore. Email or the online ticket system is the only way to contact them.

A lot of people have complained to them about the lack of phone support, I'm hoping they'll add that back.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:06 AM   #112
flyingtablet
flyingtablet began at the beginning.

Device: none
which seller ships faster?

Irexshop.com or ereader outfitters?

I am in US. Not quite sure about the current order status.

Anyone got up-to-date information?

Thank you.
flyingtablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 AM   #113
Isamu
Baby eBookworm

At first it seemed ereadoutfitters was faster, but I think everyone is on par now, no stock anywhere. At ereaders, my order is still on backorder despite them saying that they would ship all backorders out this week, but doesn't seem to be they will...
Old 10-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #114
flyingtablet
flyingtablet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
At first it seemed ereadoutfitters was faster, but I think everyone is on par now, no stock anywhere. At ereaders, my order is still on backorder despite them saying that they would ship all backorders out this week, but doesn't seem to be they will...
Then nobody should trust their CEO anymore.

I can not imagine how many orders they received.
They must have made a fortune! or...
flyingtablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #115
Isamu
Baby eBookworm

Ereaderoutfitter update:

10/31/08- iLiad 2nd Editions in stock. iLiad Book Editions in stock. We are catching up on DR1000S back orders; product is en route and we will ship on Tuesday.

Here's keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #116
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I listed one for sale in the flea market area if anyone is interested. In just out of box condition and has never left the house.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #117
sasilk
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They don't have a phone number anymore. Email or the online ticket system is the only way to contact them.

A lot of people have complained to them about the lack of phone support, I'm hoping they'll add that back.
Thanks Shaggy.

I did receive a reply to my email, so maybe things are improving. I'll wait and see if my DR actually ships within the time period they say before I decide though.

Last edited by sasilk; 11-02-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #118
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
If anyone lives in europe and wants one, I ordered mine today on http://iliadreader.co.uk/ by phone and they ships tomorrow.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #119
sasilk
Connoisseur

Just for laughs...

Here's a copy of the email I just sent to iRex. Maybe it will have some effect on things, but I doubt it - it's nothing they haven't heard before.

Re: Order #16811

I'm curious what 'Preparing for dispatch' actually means in iRex terms. Usually it means packing the goods for delivery, putting an address label on them and shipping them. This should not take the 6 days it has taken since it entered that status, so obviously it means something else to you.

Is it possible to get an *actual shipping date* for my order? 99% of retailers and wholesalers the world over can do this - usually within a day of the order being placed. You don't seem to be able to offer more than the vague "between 2 and 3 weeks", even though you have had over 2 weeks to work it out. Given history, I have no confidence whatsoever that even that vague timetable bears any resemblance to reality.

Has it occurred to any of you that this vagueness and lack of any meaningful communication with your customers is the reason that your customer service is pilloried by pretty well everyone? If you don't have stock (or whatever the issue is), just say so. People, in general, can cope with most things so long as they know what is happening. It's being left in the dark that gets people angry.

Stephen Silk
Old 11-05-2008, 04:40 PM   #120
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Ereaderoutfitters

Just emailed me that although they were expecting stock today irex just shipped it today, so it will probably be into next week to fill some of the backorders they already have and 2-3 weeks for new orders. Its now been a month since I plunked down my $750 and still no product.

Ereaderoutfitters have been stellar with communication and it is certainly not their fault for the delay but it is very fustrating non the less
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote