Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-05-2008, 05:25 PM   #106
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
It was "Going Postal" and was the first appearance of Lipwig von Moist.
Errr...Moist Von Lipwig.
Got tickets to see an adaptation of Mort tomorrow - apparently Stephen Briggs was involved so it might be decent, although I'm always a bit wary.
Was supposed to see 'Return to the Forbidden Planet' tonight but it got cancelled just after the last minute (technical difficulties) so have traded for Saturday.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #107
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Errr...Moist Von Lipwig.
Got tickets to see an adaptation of Mort tomorrow - apparently Stephen Briggs was involved so it might be decent, although I'm always a bit wary.
Was supposed to see 'Return to the Forbidden Planet' tonight but it got cancelled just after the last minute (technical difficulties) so have traded for Saturday.
Oops.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #108
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
[-- never mind -- would have been a spoiler, which I realized too late ]
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #109
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
We have a spoiler tag for just that purpose.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:46 PM   #110
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
We have a spoiler tag for just that purpose.
Now you're telling me!!! Neat - Thanks

I could go back to using my brain, but it told me just yesterday that lying on a nicely cushioned shelve is much more comfortable then inside my head and that it dont want to come back, thanks so much. Pff, I dont need no stinking brain

Spoiler:
Regarding Stanley: wouldn't like to be anywhere near those cabbage-flavored stamps of him

Last edited by tirsales; 08-08-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Advert
Old 08-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #111
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm... Tirsales' spoiler is "error on page." Wow, never saw that coming.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Just converted Witches Abroad This means I have two more Discworld books ready to read after Moving Pictures.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #113
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can't get it to display either, which is odd, because when I look at the message using my Super Moderator Powers, it looks like everything is set up correctly.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #114
tirsales

Quote:
I still have the "Element of surprise" (its a quite rare artifact found only in obscure dungeons)

@nekokami: I tested several different possible bbcodes for spoilers, but could find none working - neither in IE nor in FF (havent tested Opera) :'(

--edit: At least now you can only read the text if you really want to (and have a look in the code)

Last edited by tirsales; 08-08-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #115
tirsales

BTW: The following JS-Code (among others) would work:
Code:
if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display != '') {
  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display = ''; 
  this.innerText = ''; 
  this.value = 'Hide'; 
} else { 
  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display = 'none'; 
  this.innerText = ''; 
  this.value = 'Show'; 
}
The original "addressing" is wrong.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #116
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
BTW: The following JS-Code (among others) would work:
Code:
if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display != '') {
  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display = ''; 
  this.innerText = ''; 
  this.value = 'Hide'; 
} else { 
  this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[6].style.display = 'none'; 
  this.innerText = ''; 
  this.value = 'Show'; 
}
The original "addressing" is wrong.
Yipes!! How did the Hogfather turn into this????
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #117
pshrynk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Yipes!! How did the Hogfather turn into this????
I was wondering that, myself.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #118
tirsales

Old 08-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #119
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

tirsales, the problem has been reported to Alex and we'll see if he can work his magic to fix it. I'll pass your coding suggestion along to him.

Um... I'm currently re-reading Lords and Ladies. I'm enjoying it, but not as much as my re-read of Witches Abroad.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #120
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I'm still on "Mort." Although, I didn't get much reading done today. However, I did get a new corporation set up, and got an estate plan off to a client. Made (ANOTHER) trip to the hardware store (MaMaw says I am "wearing out the road), and got involved in yet another Constitutional debate with people who (however well meaning) have never really studied the document.

Now, I'm going to go paint some more cabinets.

Oh ... correction .... I'm going to feed the cats and THEN paint some more cabinets. Erk ... just realized the water guy never showed up today. This is not good.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terry pratchett, unutterable silliness