Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 PM   #106
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
They're legit in the sense they are public domain and you can find them lots of places, including on this site for free. But I don't think they're the sorts of books to put on your Kindle list.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #107
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
They're legit in the sense they are public domain and you can find them lots of places, including on this site for free. But I don't think they're the sorts of books to put on your Kindle list.
Ok, thanks. I didn't know they were public domain (I was worried that they were pirated books uploaded)
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #108
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
The Bounty: The Malloy Family Book 1 by Beth Williamson

What happens when a bounty hunter finds his prey only to discover she's his mate?

Book 1 of the Malloy family series.

Nicky Malloy is on the run - from guilt, fear, and a murder charge. After three years, the notorious bounty hunter Tyler Calhoun catches up with the elusive lady outlaw. The intensity of their dislike for each other is only matched by the growing passion they cannot seem to control.

A loner by nature, a cold hard hunter by choice, Tyler fights his feelings for his prisoner the only way he knows how-by denying them. He's not prepared for how deeply his feelings will run, or how hard it will be to hold her life in his hands.

Pursued by two hapless cowboys bent on taking Nicky in themselves, Nicky and Tyler are forced to turn to each other for aid, trust, and comfort as their journey progresses on its rocky road. Caught in a web of lies and murder, they hold on to each other as they travel to Wyoming to confront the man that brought them together. Tyler has to decide if his love for her is worth more than the bounty he was sent to find.

This book has been previously published, but substantially revised and reedited.

Warning, this title contains the following: explicit sex, graphic language, some violence.

Karen
http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/

Last edited by koland; 04-20-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #109
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
this sounds distinctly bodice ripperesque... anyone know?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #110
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
yes, it is...at least, I've read one other "book" from that author and it was and my understanding is that is mostly what she writes.
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #111
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

thanks, I'll take a pass on this one.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #112
krisk
Wizard

oh! Little Fuzzies! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 some of H. Beam Piper fo 80 cents! this is some of the stuff that fueled my young brain with a passion for sci-fi!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #113
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
The first reviewer on Amazon claims that it isn't "erotic" enough, as the cover led her to believe. So maybe I"ll give it a try. Free is hard to ignore!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
oh! Little Fuzzies! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846 some of H. Beam Piper fo 80 cents! this is some of the stuff that fueled my young brain with a passion for sci-fi!
We already have these or most of these at MR for free.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #115
krisk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We already have these or most of these at MR for free.
indubitably you do. but, as has been pointed out to you several times Jon, this list is for people who tend to not venture far from the Kindle forum, using only Amazon as a source for books.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 PM   #116
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Quote:
indubitably you do. but, as has been pointed out to you several times Jon, this list is for people who tend to not venture far from the Kindle forum, using only Amazon as a source for books.
Those are public domain according to people earlier in the thread. I won't add those to the thread.

Thread is updated

Last edited by Sporadic; 04-20-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #117
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
This was posted to the Kindle 2 forums on Amazon.

Patricia Sierra says:
Disclaimer: Dave is a friend of mine. I recently talked him into putting his novel in the Kindle Store. Here's the info:

Stalker (Kindle Edition)
by Dave Dykema (Author)

80 cents

Dan Freeman loves horror movies. After seeing the movie "Stalker," he gets very enthusiastic about it, emulating the title character and following innocent people around for fun and thrills. He wants to see how close he can get without getting caught. Close enough to eavesdrop on their cell phone conversations? Close enough to smell perfume? Close enough to touch?

Dan suspects his girlfriend of cheating on him. One night, while following her using his special skills, Dan finds out an awful truth.

Now the stalker becomes the stalked.

http://www.amazon.com/Stalker/dp/B00...0280297&sr=8-4
Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #118
glorya
glorya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
The book Miss Fix-It by L. C. Monroe and Nicolette Derens [Romance] JUST ADDED! is NOT FREE! Amazon just charged my account $3.60 for it. When I ordered it, the price was $0.00 but Amazon pulled a switcheroo!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #119
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorya View Post
The book Miss Fix-It by L. C. Monroe and Nicolette Derens [Romance] JUST ADDED! is NOT FREE! Amazon just charged my account $3.60 for it. When I ordered it, the price was $0.00 but Amazon pulled a switcheroo!
It was free, but the promo has ended. They've credited folks back for mistakes before, check your receipt.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #120
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
SOLD!

Edit: DOWNLOADED!

Carl
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books