Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-09-2022, 06:04 AM   #106
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
An update to Calibre 6 beta would be very very nice.
I released a version that runs under calibre 3, 4, 5, and 6. I don't use this plugin so I have no idea if it works.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #107
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
It works perfectly.
Thank you very much chaley.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2022, 04:35 AM   #108
midnightmaze
midnightmaze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Most existing User Categories not showing with error, but are still in Manage

Hi any User Cat plugin experts:
I seemed to have done something to make all but one of my setup User Categories not show, still exist in 'Manage user categories', but return error "User category not found" when click 'Show in tag browser'.

Appreciate any advice. It happened before I updated plugin, I hoped updating plugin might fix it but it didn't change anything.

I can add new categories.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
(Note, first time on this forum so hope this is the right way to ask for assistance).
midnightmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:10 AM   #109
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@midnightmaze - did you switch libraries by chance? The user categories are a per library setting.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 06:55 AM   #110
midnightmaze

... existing User Categories not showing with error

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@midnightmaze - did you switch libraries by chance? The user categories are a per library setting.
@kiwidude :
I didn't knowingly switch libraries or anything. I only have the one library setup, with a few virtual libraries I never use.

I was at the time reorganising my user categories and making sub categories, and shifting series and authors around a bit.
Advert
Old 10-05-2022, 08:05 AM   #111
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightmaze View Post
@kiwidude :
I didn't knowingly switch libraries or anything. I only have the one library setup, with a few virtual libraries I never use.

I was at the time reorganising my user categories and making sub categories, and shifting series and authors around a bit.
Hmmm, interesting. Could you please post some screenshots, of what your Manage menu looks like and what the Add menu looks like, and what your Customize plugin dialog looks like?

Also you could try running calibre in debug mode, and see if there are any errors being thrown (Preferences side arrow -> Restart in debug mode)
Old 10-05-2022, 08:11 AM   #112
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi any User Cat plugin experts:
I seemed to have done something to make all but one of my setup User Categories not show, still exist in 'Manage user categories', but return error "User category not found" when click 'Show in tag browser'.

Appreciate any advice. It happened before I updated plugin, I hoped updating plugin might fix it but it didn't change anything.

I can add new categories.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
(Note, first time on this forum so hope this is the right way to ask for assistance).
This is a bug in base calibre.

User categories are always hierarchical, but in a way different from standard categories. The bug is exposed if one has a user category A.B (hierarchy) but doesn't have the parent user category A. The bug: if when A.B is processed calibre doesn't find parent user category A then A.B is not displayed.

Other than fixing calibre, which I am working on doing, the fix is to ensure that for all user categories A.B.C etc, user categories for the parents must also exist. In this example you would need user categories A and A.B before A.B.C will display. It is possible that creating A is sufficient -- I haven't worked through the bug far enough yet to be sure.

Note also that empty user categories aren't displayed. There must be an item somewhere in the user category hierarchy. EDIT: this is wrong. I had the Hide empty categories checkbox set.

Last edited by chaley; 10-05-2022 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Correct a mistake
Old 10-05-2022, 11:06 AM   #113
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

The fix is in calibre source.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #114
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The fix is in calibre source.
Thanks chaley. I was looking at the plugin code and had me confused as to what might be happening to make it go wrong - a nice change when the problem is elsewhere
Old 10-05-2022, 07:41 PM   #115
midnightmaze

@ kiwidude & chaley
Thanks for assist.
Attached is pdf of what issue looks like for me.
I tried to understand your talk re issue, but a little confused. I think what you are saying I needed to be careful how I made user cat and sub cat.

Is there anything I can do to fix? Because they do exist I am able to edit them, just not show them. I can delete them.
I may just have to start from scratch recreating them one by one (a bit painful). But if I have to, what do I do to avoid issue in future?

Appreciate advice as the plugin is super handy for sorting my many books!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf calibre usercat show error.pdf (179.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-06-2022, 02:21 AM   #116
kiwidude

Quote:
@ kiwidude & chaley
Thanks for assist.
Attached is pdf of what issue looks like for me.
I tried to understand your talk re issue, but a little confused. I think what you are saying I needed to be careful how I made user cat and sub cat.

Is there anything I can do to fix? Because they do exist I am able to edit them, just not show them. I can delete them.
I may just have to start from scratch recreating them one by one (a bit painful). But if I have to, what do I do to avoid issue in future?

Appreciate advice as the plugin is super handy for sorting my many books!
In your screenshot you have categories like Crime.XXX without a separate “parent” category called Crime - that is the calibre bug that chaley has fixed so that you don’t get that error. You will need to wait for the next calibre release to get the fix (well you can run calibre from source code if you were desperate but better to just wait).

I don’t know whether or not to recommend creating a parent category such as Crime - chaley can opine on that. I suspect it means extra noise in the plugin menus. I don’t think hierarchical tags existed when I created this plugin aeons ago, or perhaps I never catered for them specifically. You might end up with noise in the plugin menus you never can remove if calibre didn’t let you delete the parent category in isolation, would have to test it (again chaley will know).
Old 10-06-2022, 04:29 AM   #117
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I don’t know whether or not to recommend creating a parent category such as Crime - chaley can opine on that. I suspect it means extra noise in the plugin menus. I don’t think hierarchical tags existed when I created this plugin aeons ago, or perhaps I never catered for them specifically. You might end up with noise in the plugin menus you never can remove if calibre didn’t let you delete the parent category in isolation, would have to test it (again chaley will know).
From calibre's point of view, creating a parent category Crime is not a problem. It will show as a separate category in calibre's Manage Categories dialog, and I suspect in the plugin's as well. The category will be empty unless you choose to put something in it. After the next calibre release you can delete it if you wish.

NB: That parent category must have been there at one point or you never would have seen the child categories. The bug has been there for years.
Old 10-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #118
kiwidude

User Category v1.6.0 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ategory-v1.6.0
Old 10-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #119
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@kiwidude - Since this PI was developed the User Categories editor has added support for Custom Columns, and additional standard columns (Languages, Formats, etc):

Click image for larger version

Name:	UC - Editor.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	197217

But they've not been added to the User Categories PI

Click image for larger version

Name:	UC - Plugin.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	197218

Any thoughts of doing so, I gave up on User Categories because the PI didn't support Custom Columns. My gut feeling is that it's non-trivial.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 03:56 AM   #120
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@kiwidude - Since this PI was developed the User Categories editor has added support for Custom Columns, and additional standard columns (Languages, Formats, etc):
But they've not been added to the User Categories PI
And at least to me, it would be very useful.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote