Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-31-2014, 03:30 AM   #106
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
I cannot replicate the issue at least in sideloaded Kepubs.
Are you sure your books are really "coded" in the language they are written? Check the metadata in the opf/html of your epubs.
Yes I am sure. I read/buy relatively few Spanish books, and those were books with which I had no problems in older releases.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:39 AM   #107
pgaunt
pgaunt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Hi,

I have a Glo and sliding my finger up or down the left side has no effect on the light.
Anyone else have this problem?
Am I doing something wrong?
Doesn't do anything on the Aura either.
pgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 AM   #108
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgaunt View Post
Aura or Aura HD, it works on both my Aura HD and the Glo..but i don't think I use it a lot,once set, it stays the way I like it.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:04 AM   #109
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
I don't think it's supposed to work on the Aura.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #110
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Have they fixed the problem on the Aura, where it does not recognise the microsd card?
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #111
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Works fine on my Aura HD.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:55 AM   #112
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I don't think it's supposed to work on the Aura.
Aura has multi touch so it works with 2 fingers. Although I believe it only works while in a book and I think the new one finger swipe works on the home screen as well.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 10:09 AM   #113
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
The answer for me was going to the extreme left edge. My finger partly rides on the bezel of the device. I couldn't get it to work unless I was reading a book. I had to take it out of the case I use to get close enough to the edge so if you use a case try it without.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:07 AM   #114
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Aura has multi touch so it works with 2 fingers. Although I believe it only works while in a book and I think the new one finger swipe works on the home screen as well.
Nope, need to be in a book for 1 finger to work.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #115
alism
Connoisseur
alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD, Kindle 3, KPW,
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
The answer for me was going to the extreme left edge. My finger partly rides on the bezel of the device. I couldn't get it to work unless I was reading a book. I had to take it out of the case I use to get close enough to the edge so if you use a case try it without.
This. The picture shows shows your finger swiping about a 1/2 inch from the left but that doesn't work. It has to be at the very end. I really like this feature since I tend to change my light settings a lot.
alism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #116
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alism View Post
This. The picture shows shows your finger swiping about a 1/2 inch from the left but that doesn't work. It has to be at the very end. I really like this feature since I tend to change my light settings a lot.
Ehm.. I think I miss something..what picture ?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #117
alism
Connoisseur
alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD, Kindle 3, KPW,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Ehm.. I think I miss something..what picture ?
I had a picture pop up when I changed my light settings the old way that showed I can now swipe up and down the left side.
alism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:45 PM   #118
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alism View Post
I had a picture pop up when I changed my light settings the old way that showed I can now swipe up and down the left side.
Ah.. ok.. since my light is always on, i didn't got it I think, thanks !
Old 08-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #119
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
So can you turn the light completely off by swiping the screen on the HD? I can't do that on my Glo, it only goes down to 1% and I can only turn it off by using the button.
Apologies. Probably only to 1% but that is as near to being turned off for me in practical usage. Others will disagree, of course
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 PM   #120
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Apologies. Probably only to 1% but that is as near to being turned off for me in practical usage. Others will disagree, of course
I happen to agree with you.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote