Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2023, 07:42 PM   #106
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
Adding a KU book to Calibre from my phone works just fine - it's readable. Adding the same book from BS Media Manager is *not* readable. It's locked w/DRM. Is this because I don't have a key from the K4A that BS is using? If so, how do I get that key?

I don't understand how to create a backup of an Android device that doesn't physically exist.

I'm asking because it interests me and I want to make it work.
Do exactly what the first post says to do.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 08:21 PM   #107
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'am-I-Am View Post
Adding a KU book to Calibre from my phone works just fine - it's readable. Adding the same book from BS Media Manager is *not* readable. It's locked w/DRM. Is this because I don't have a key from the K4A that BS is using? If so, how do I get that key?

I don't understand how to create a backup of an Android device that doesn't physically exist.

I'm asking because it interests me and I want to make it work.
Read the original post.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2023, 06:43 AM   #108
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
After I made my backup, I get a file named backup.ab which is 1kb in size. I choos this file in the 'Kindle for Android' Tab in the DeDRM plugin and enter a 'random' key and after I confirm I get the following error message:

Quote:
Please choos a Kindle for Android backup file
Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong?
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:28 AM   #109
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Wow - it has now taken me 3 hours to get Bluestacks running on Win10. I tried it with this book (Amazon)

[snip detailed DRM removal instructions]

Thank you so much @ownedbycats and @shamanNS

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-01-2023 at 04:09 AM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:43 AM   #110
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalOfArt View Post
After I made my backup, I get a file named backup.ab which is 1kb in size. I choos this file in the 'Kindle for Android' Tab in the DeDRM plugin and enter a 'random' key and after I confirm I get the following error message:

The backup failed. 1kb means an empty file.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2023, 07:47 AM   #111
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Wow - it has now taken me 3 hours to get Bluestacks running on Win10. I tried it with this book (Amazon)

[snip detailed DRM removal instructions]

Thank you so much @ownedbycats and @shamanNS
Hmm... I'm also on Windows 10 and I didn't have to do all this, I mean rooting BS and installing Tweaker. I just followed the instructions in the first post and nothing else was needed.

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-01-2023 at 04:11 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 07:58 AM   #112
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Good question, Sirtel!

adb connect did't work for me so I took the rooting way
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 08:01 AM   #113
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hmm... I'm also on Windows 10 and I didn't have to do all this, I mean rooting BS and installing Tweaker. I just followed the instructions in the first post and nothing else was needed.
There is always more than one way to skin a cat. It is good to have multiple ways.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 08:06 AM   #114
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@Wiggo I never knew that BSTweaker had a file manager
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:56 AM   #115
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
After I made my backup, I get a file named backup.ab which is 1kb in size.

Hast du vorher adb connect 127.0.0.1: (in BStk angezeigte Portnummer) durchgeführt?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:42 AM   #116
darthyoda6
Connoisseur
darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.darthyoda6 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen, Kindle 7th Gen
I was lucky that my MSI laptop came with a MSI tweaked version of Bluestacks, so I didn't have to install it, and I'm already running a game on it, so it was already set up.

To start of I want to mention that I installed 4.17, instead of 4.16. The hitch I had was when I went to do the backup of 'com.amazon.kindle' it kept generating a 47 byte file. I ended up having to do 'adb backup -all'. It created a 400mb backup.ab, but the Calibre plugin was able to parse it ok and got the key it needed from it.
darthyoda6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:54 PM   #117
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthyoda6 View Post
I was lucky that my MSI laptop came with a MSI tweaked version of Bluestacks, so I didn't have to install it, and I'm already running a game on it, so it was already set up.

To start of I want to mention that I installed 4.17, instead of 4.16. The hitch I had was when I went to do the backup of 'com.amazon.kindle' it kept generating a 47 byte file. I ended up having to do 'adb backup -all'. It created a 400mb backup.ab, but the Calibre plugin was able to parse it ok and got the key it needed from it.
I'll add that to the original post.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 04:33 PM   #118
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Also Bluestacks is a Windows based emulator, so unsurprisingly won't work on WINE. The Official Google Android SDK runs on Linux to run Android apps and there are other solutions too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 03:31 AM   #119
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Hast du vorher adb connect 127.0.0.1: (in BStk angezeigte Portnummer) durchgeführt?
Ja das hat alles funktioniert, ich konnte bzw musste auch das Backup auf dem Emulator bestätigen.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 04:13 AM   #120
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Ja das hat alles funktioniert, ich konnte bzw musste auch das Backup auf dem Emulator bestätigen.
Das Backup hat offensichtlich nicht funktioniert - mir ist das Gleiche mit dem Boox Leaf 1 passiert (47 Bytes); ich weiß auch nicht, was da los ist.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote