Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #1126
JosephWebber
Enthusiast
JosephWebber began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle PW, PW3, Nook HD+
I have upgraded to Tulip but there is no page turn animation option. I have tried kindle-v2022.05.1.zip and kindlepw2-V2022.05.1.zip with the same result.
The serial number is G090 G105. If this model is not supported why not; it’s still a PaperWhite.
Many thanks.
JosephWebber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #1127
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's a PW3. The feature is exclusive to the PW5 SoC (and screen & waveforms).

TL;DR: hardware limitation, wrong hardware.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 12:54 PM   #1128
jnikkir
Connoisseur
jnikkir doesn't litterjnikkir doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW5/11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by yparitcher View Post
Added to dispatcher/ gestures in:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9123
So, should toggling animations be available in the Gesture Manager now, if we're using the latest nightly? Because I can't find it anywhere... =S
jnikkir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:59 PM   #1129
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
"Toggle page turn animations" should be one of the available actions, yes.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #1130
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
"Toggle page turn animations" should be one of the available actions, yes.
There's a setting to enable/disable in Settings > Taps & gestures > Page Turns, but nothing in my gesture manager menus to assign it a gesture. Can you tell me where to find it?
Advert
Old 06-02-2022, 02:10 AM   #1131
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It should be under Reader.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #1132
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
It should be under Reader.
Hmm, I wonder why it's not showing up for me. Attached are the only options I'm seeing under Reader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2022-06-02_085155.png
Views:	111
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	194084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2022-06-02_085202.png
Views:	96
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	194085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2022-06-02_085206.png
Views:	91
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	194086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2022-06-02_085214.png
Views:	96
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	194087  
Old 06-02-2022, 05:59 PM   #1133
Frenzie
Wizard

It'll be fixed in tomorrow's nightly https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9160
Old 06-03-2022, 01:19 PM   #1134
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's a PW3. The feature is exclusive to the PW5 SoC (and screen & waveforms).

TL;DR: hardware limitation, wrong hardware.
Thanks for your reply which I have just seen, but you have not answered my question "why not".
What does a PW3 lack which is required for page turn animation?
Old 06-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #1135
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephWebber View Post
Thanks for your reply which I have just seen, but you have not answered my question "why not".
What does a PW3 lack which is required for page turn animation?

Hardware limitation / wrong hardware explain both this and why humans can't fly.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #1136
jnikkir
Connoisseur

Quote:
It'll be fixed in tomorrow's nightly https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/9160
Thank you so much!! Can confirm the toggle is available in Gestures now.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #1137
JosephWebber
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Hardware limitation / wrong hardware explain both this and why humans can't fly.
Many thanks for your helpful intervention. Pity you didn't know the answer to a simple question.
Possible answers: PW3 has too little memory; PW3 does not have feature x (specified). Not too difficult to answer.
You don't seem to have noticed that humans can fly with a little help.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:15 PM   #1138
Frenzie
Wizard

The specific animation is a hardware feature. Think of it as similar as to why a Kindle can't beep. (I assume it can't; pretend I wrote something else if it can.)
Old 06-07-2022, 06:13 PM   #1139
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Possible answers: PW3 has too little memory; PW3 does not have feature x (specified).
That is *quite literally* what my original answer did. Please kindly step down from your high horse before you embarrass yourself any further.

I could rephrase it every which way you want, the fact of the matter is quite simply that it's a feature specific to the PW5 SoC, screen & waveforms (i.e., hardware bits), and to a very small extent, its kernel (i.e., software bits to drive said hardware bits).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-07-2022 at 06:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:55 AM   #1140
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
You don't seem to have noticed that humans can fly with a little help.
You mean when they use the right hardware?

Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch