Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-17-2022, 03:14 AM   #1096
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.17.12 - Calibre 6/Qt6 compatibility fix

This is a fix for calibre 6/Qt 6 compatibility. It is another enum problem and would only have been seen on Linux. Will it be the last, probably not.

As usual, the calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #1097
wolfi
wolfi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for this plugin.
I didn't use it for a while and updatet it - now I get the following message when importing annotations from my kindle paperback with calibre 3.48 on my iMac (high Sierra):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 117, in data
AttributeError: type object 'ItemDataRole' has no attribute 'BackgroundRole'
any help possible? Thanks a lot!
wolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2022, 08:50 AM   #1098
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
The newer plugin is not BW compatible, please update your Calibre installation.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:57 AM   #1099
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
Thanks for this plugin.
I didn't use it for a while and updatet it - now I get the following message when importing annotations from my kindle paperback with calibre 3.48 on my iMac (high Sierra):
What year/model iMac do you have?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #1100
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
Thanks for this plugin.
I could have sworn I tested that version with the 3.48. Anyway, it was a Qt6 fix that I didn't keep compatible with 3.48.

Fixed, tested with 3.48, 4.23 and 6.1, and released.
Advert
Old 07-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #1101
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I could have sworn I tested that version with the 3.48. Anyway, it was a Qt6 fix that I didn't keep compatible with 3.48.

Fixed, tested with 3.48, 4.23 and 6.1, and released.
I did not expect that you backport it, I have (stupidly) assumed that this was intentional
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 09:41 AM   #1102
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I did not expect that you backport it, I have (stupidly) assumed that this was intentional
This was me missing something in maintaining the backwards compatibility. For the moment, doing that is fairly easy, just a little annoying. For my plugins, I am intending to supporting 3.48 and 4.23 for a little longer. Version 5.44 will also be supported but doesn't need much work. My testing for the older versions of calibre will not be as thorough as for the current calibre release. And, as you can see, I will forget to test something at some point, but, if someone stuck on these older version of calibre reports the problem, I'll look at it.
Old 07-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #1103
Huwaetzel
Enthusiast
Huwaetzel began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
New pocketbook driver for newer devices

For newer devices e.g. my PB741 and originally for the PB632 a new driver was developed. It offers some improvements compared to the standard pocketbook driver.
In my case, PB741, enabling or disabling the new driver allows me to either not use (enabled) or use (disabled) the annotation plugin.
It looks like the behavior is for annotations exactly the same. Please include the driver in the list of pocketbook devices.

Thank you very much for keeping the plugin working and enhance it further
Huwaetzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:06 PM   #1104
Canadiancynic
Canadiancynic began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Lifedrive
Getting an invalid format string error. Might have had something go wrong with the creation of the database column, calibre froze while Annotations was setting it up but then it started running normally until it hit that error.

Thank you!
Code:
calibre 6.2.1  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 6) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 363, in fetch_usb_connected_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 410, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 305, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 254, in __init__
ValueError: Invalid format string
Canadiancynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:53 PM   #1105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiancynic View Post
Getting an invalid format string error. Might have had something go wrong with the creation of the database column, calibre froze while Annotations was setting it up but then it started running normally until it hit that error.

Thank you!
Code:
calibre 6.2.1  embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 6) && Goodreads (1, 5, 3) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 3) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 363, in fetch_usb_connected_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 410, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 305, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 254, in __init__
ValueError: Invalid format string
That is an reporting that there is a configuration error. The line in error is formatting a timestamp. This uses the format from the configuration in the "Timestamp format" of the "Modify appearance" settings for the plugin. What do have you set this to?
Old 08-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #1106
Canadiancynic
Canadiancynic began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Lifedrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is an reporting that there is a configuration error. The line in error is formatting a timestamp. This uses the format from the configuration in the "Timestamp format" of the "Modify appearance" settings for the plugin. What do have you set this to?
%v, and resetting that back to default fixed it.

Thank you!
Canadiancynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 08:38 AM   #1107
zmix
Connoisseur
zmix began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm trying to back up my notes from my trusty old Sony PRS-350 but the Sony Reader Library and Desktop Reader software just stopped communicating with my Mac in about 2015 (I've been using Calibre since).

I installed those old programs on my Windows XP machine, and they detect the reader, but when I try to sync I get an error:

"Reader Library has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

When I examine the crash report it seems to be graphics related.

I did a search and discovered the Annotations plug-in and installed the latest version on 2 of my computers, one an old MacBookPro running High Sierra (OSX 10.13) running Calibre V3.48 and one a Mac Pro running OSX 11.6.7 and the latest version of Calibre.

Neither of them can import the notes from my Sony PRS-350, they usually show a progress bar stuck at 0%.

Any ideas how I can extract my 179 pages of notes?
zmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:25 PM   #1108
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmix View Post
I'm trying to back up my notes from my trusty old Sony PRS-350 but the Sony Reader Library and Desktop Reader software just stopped communicating with my Mac in about 2015 (I've been using Calibre since).

I installed those old programs on my Windows XP machine, and they detect the reader, but when I try to sync I get an error:

"Reader Library has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

When I examine the crash report it seems to be graphics related.

I did a search and discovered the Annotations plug-in and installed the latest version on 2 of my computers, one an old MacBookPro running High Sierra (OSX 10.13) running Calibre V3.48 and one a Mac Pro running OSX 11.6.7 and the latest version of Calibre.

Neither of them can import the notes from my Sony PRS-350, they usually show a progress bar stuck at 0%.

Any ideas how I can extract my 179 pages of notes?
The plugin can get annotations from Sony devices, but, only some. And I have forgotten which as I didn't realise there was a difference when the function was added. The book and annotations details are stored in two different ways on the devices. Some use XML files, and some use an SQLite database. From the discussion last year about this, it appears the PRS-350 uses the XML files and hence the plugin cannot read it.

There is some information in those posts about how the annotations are stored. The XML files are structured text and you should be able to work out how to extract the text of the annotations and store them somehow.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:05 AM   #1109
HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
How would I remove all the highlights in bulk from Calibre? I have imported using the plugin from my Kobo but now want to remove them
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 05:26 AM   #1110
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore View Post
How would I remove all the highlights in bulk from Calibre? I have imported using the plugin from my Kobo but now want to remove them
You could remove the custom column that holds your annotations.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp