Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-02-2023, 02:29 AM   #10846
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
christianaudio -- Book of the Month -- exp 31 Mar @ 11:59 pm ET

Quote:
The Athlete Inside -- $0.99 -- Sue Reynolds/ Susan Hanfield -- 7.5 hrs

"After being on yo-yo diets almost all her life, Sue Reynolds was still morbidly obese, but decided to try one more time without much hope for positive results. But this time was different. She was tired of not being able to tie her own shoes, fit in restaurant booths, or walk more than a few feet. She was ready. The Athlete Inside follows Reynolds's journey as she lost 200 pounds and found an athlete hiding inside her body. From her first walk to the neighbor's mailbox to finishing sixth at the World Triathlon Championship, Reynolds discovered the joy of conquering fear and pride to find that the best version of herself had been there all along. A world-class triathlete and a grandmother, Reynolds is proof that you can transform your life at any age. Her story is one of hope, tenacity, and faith, as she committed to doing whatever it took to be among the best triathletes in the world. It's a story about a unique intergenerational relationship between Reynolds and the young coach who earned her trust and helped her develop fitness and confidence. It's a story about the power of kindness and the spiritual growth Reynolds experienced as she realized the compassion that surrounded her was the face of God. Ultimately, it's the story of how each of us can discover amazing gifts and talents within ourselves."
Quote:
Related Audiobooks On Sale for $1.99 (4 titles)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 02:42 AM   #10847
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audiobooks.com -- Monthly Offers -- exp 31 Mar @ 11:59 pm ET

VIP Rewards -- FREE -- choose 1 of 39 titles -- members only

2-for-1 Audiobook Sale -- members only
Advert
Old 03-02-2023, 02:46 AM   #10848
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audiobooks.com
Old 03-02-2023, 06:40 AM   #10849
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible US

Free Listens -- rotating selections -- streaming only
  • Free Audiobooks
  • Free Audible Originals
  • Free Podcasts
Quote:
Stream hundreds of free audiobooks, podcasts, and more. No trial or membership required. Simply sign in with your Amazon account.
Quote:
Are these listens really free? Totally!

You won’t have to spend a cent or a credit to enjoy any—or all—of the titles in our wide-ranging, rotating selection of free listens. You’ll find free audiobooks waiting for you in every genre, from sci-fi to self-dev. Free doesn’t just mean literary classics first published three centuries ago, though we offer plenty of those timeless gems. Our free offerings feature scores of new releases, including bestselling novels and celebrity memoirs. You’ll also find free Audible Original audiobooks and scripted podcasts performed by all-star casts, free written-for-audio dramas, free health and wellness listens, and our entire free playlist of Words + Music hits. There are so many amazing selections to choose from, and they’re all totally free for you to download. Because you deserve something really special for nothing.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 03-02-2023 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:25 PM   #10850
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Link for daily book and all sales.

https://www.audible.com/ep/audiobook-deals

Last day of the two-for-one sale!

The Dark Queens
The Bloody Rivalry That Forged the Medieval World
By: Shelley Puhak
Narrated by: Cassandra Campbell
Length: 10 hrs and 50 mins
4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 (139 ratings)
$2.99
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2023, 04:12 AM   #10851
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible CA -- Editor's Extra -- exp 31 Mar @ 11:59 pm PT -- members only

Quote:
Pieces of Her -- FREE -- Karin Slaughter/ Kathleen Early -- 16.1 hrs -- mystery

The number one international best-selling author returns with an electrifying novel of devastating secrets and hidden lives that probes the fraught relationship between daughters and mothers and the lengths we go to protect those we love.

What if the person you thought you knew best turns out to be someone you never knew at all? Andrea Cooper knows everything about her mother, Laura. She knows Laura has spent nearly her whole life in the small beach town of Belle Isle, Georgia; she knows Laura's never wanted anything more than to lead a quiet, normal life in this conventional community; she knows Laura's a kind and beloved speech pathologist who helps others; she knows Laura's never kept a secret in her life. Andrea knows that Laura is everything she isn't—confident, settled, sure of herself. Feeling listless, with no direction, Andrea, unlike Laura, struggles to find her way.

But Andrea's certainty is upended when a visit to the mall is shattered by an act of horrifying violence that reveals a completely different side of Laura—a cool woman who calmly faces down a murderer. It turns out that before Andrea's mother was Laura, she was someone completely different. For nearly 30 years, she's been hiding from the woman she once was, lying low in the hope that no one would ever find her. But now she's been exposed, and nothing will ever be the same again.

The assailant was a mentally troubled teenaged scion of Georgia law enforcement royalty, and now the police want answers about what really happened in those terrifying moments at the mall. Though she's being scrutinized at every level of the criminal justice system and her innocence is on the line, Laura refuses to speak to anyone, including her own daughter. She pushes Andrea away, insisting it's time for her to stand alone and make a life for herself. To save her mother, Andrea embarks on a desperate journey following the breadcrumb trail of her mother's past. Andrea knows that if she can't uncover the secrets hidden there, there may be no future for her mother...or her.

Filled with intriguing turns, surprising revelations, and a compelling cast of characters, Pieces of Her is Slaughter's most electrifying, provocative, and suspenseful novel yet.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:28 AM   #10852
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wake
The Hidden History of Women-Led Slave Revolts
By: Rebecca Hall, Tyler English-Beckwith - adapter
Narrated by: DeWanda Wise, Chanté Adams, Jerrie Johnson, Folake Olowofoyeku, Bahni Turpin, Rhian Rees, Karen Malina White, Román Zaragoza, Alex Ubokudom, John Stewart, Blake Cooper Griffin, Tim DeKay, Katherine McNamara, Matthew Wolf, full cast
Length: 1 hr and 41 mins
4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 (56 ratings)
99 cents
Old 03-06-2023, 12:24 PM   #10853
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I am not super into audiobooks, but do get an Audible membership on-and-off, when there is good pricing, to get audiobooks for commuting. And I'm currently on a membership right now, and just got an email from Audible indicating that there was a Sherlock Holmes audiobook on sale.

When I checked it out, sure enough, The Sherlock Holmes Collection, narrated by Stephen Scalon, all 67 hrs and 44 mins of it, is only $1.77 right now. It does say "membership price", so I don't know if this is only for some members, or for any members, but if that price shows up for you, it has to be one of the cheapest $/minute you are going to see . And it gets 4.6 stars on 145 ratings, which is pretty good, although some commenters indicate it's as good as the Fry version, while some others say they weren't wild about Scalon's narration. In any case, for $1.77, I want ahead and went for it - but haven't had time to listen as of yet to make up my own mind.

Audible US: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Sherl...ook/2291067834

Last edited by sufue; 03-06-2023 at 12:37 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:04 AM   #10854
TrevorViking
Wizard

Unmask Alice
LSD, Satanic Panic, and the Imposter Behind the World's Most Notorious Diaries
By: Rick Emerson
Narrated by: Gabra Zackman
Length: 9 hrs and 50 mins
4.7 out of 5 stars 4.7 (255 ratings)
$2.99
Old 03-10-2023, 12:44 AM   #10855
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I am not super into audiobooks, but do get an Audible membership on-and-off, when there is good pricing, to get audiobooks for commuting. And I'm currently on a membership right now, and just got an email from Audible indicating that there was a Sherlock Holmes audiobook on sale.

When I checked it out, sure enough, The Sherlock Holmes Collection, narrated by Stephen Scalon, all 67 hrs and 44 mins of it, is only $1.77 right now. It does say "membership price", so I don't know if this is only for some members, or for any members, but if that price shows up for you, it has to be one of the cheapest $/minute you are going to see . And it gets 4.6 stars on 145 ratings, which is pretty good, although some commenters indicate it's as good as the Fry version, while some others say they weren't wild about Scalon's narration. In any case, for $1.77, I want ahead and went for it - but haven't had time to listen as of yet to make up my own mind.

Audible US: https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Sherl...ook/2291067834
I'm currently a non-member and this shows up as $2.53 for me. A good price, but since I already have The Complete Sherlock Holmes: The Heirloom Collection read by Simon Vance, I'm not sure it's worth it.

I wonder how it compares with the other 2?
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 12:40 PM   #10856
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I'm on Jennifer Estep's email list and got an email from her indicating that the audiobook of her recent self-pubbed book, Only Bad Options, is the Audible US deal of the day today. I read this shortly after it came out, and really liked it. (I have a review on my blog if you are interested - the URL is in my signature...)

If you want to check it out, here's a cross-link to my post about it in the Romance thread (although it also has strong space opera elements): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4305327
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 04:13 AM   #10857
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible AU -- Editor's Extra -- exp 03 Apr @ 11:59 pm AEST (4:59 am PT)

Quote:
Geneva -- FREE -- Richard Armitage/ R Armitage, et al -- 8.9 hrs -- thriller

members only

"An outstanding debut - ingenious, fast-paced and unpredictable." (Harlan Coben)

"Geneva is one of the best thrillers I've ever read. And I've read quite a few." (A J Finn)

How far would you go for someone you love?

Nobel Prize-winning scientist Sarah Collier has taken a step back from work to spend more time with her family. Movie nights with her husband Daniel and their daughter Maddie are a welcome respite from the scrutiny of the world’s press. As much as it hurts, it’s good to be able to see her father more too. He’s suffering from Alzheimer’s and needs special care.

Sarah has started to show tell-tale signs of the disease too. She’s been experiencing blackouts and memory loss. It’s early days but she must face the possibility that she won’t be there to see her daughter grow up. Daniel, a neuroscientist himself, is doing his best to be supportive but she already knows that she will have to be the strong one. For all of them.

So when Sarah is invited to be the guest of honour at a prestigious biotech conference in Geneva she declines, wanting to stay out of the public eye – that is until Daniel shows her the kind of work that the enigmatic Mauritz Schiller has been developing.

Flown first class to the spectacular alpine city and housed in a luxury hotel, Sarah and Daniel are thrust back into the spotlight. As they try to shut out the noise of the public media storm, in private Sarah is struggling with her escalating symptoms. And the true extent of what Schiller has achieved is a revelation. This is technology that could change medicine forever. More than that, it could save Sarah’s life.

But technology so valuable attracts all kinds of interest. Wealthy investors are circling, controversial blogger Terri Landau is all over the story, and someone close to Schiller seems bent on taking advantage of the situation for themselves. Sarah feels threatened and does not know who to trust – including herself. Far from being her lifeline Schiller's technology may be her undoing.

As events spiral out of control Sarah and Daniel are faced with the ultimate question: how far would you go for someone you love?

An unmissable debut thriller written and narrated by Richard Armitage, co-narrated by Nicola Walker and Jane Perry.

This book contains scenes pertaining to dementia that some listeners may find distressing.
Old 03-11-2023, 07:41 AM   #10858
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC Audio 2023

SYNC Returns for Our 14th Season -- starts 27 Apr
Quote:
In 2023, SYNC, our seasonal event of free audiobooks for teens, will return in April for the 14th year in a row. Thanks to this year’s generous support by publishers, there will be 14 weeks of thematically paired audiobooks. Call this the year of the lucky 14!

Each Thursday, beginning April 27, individuals can download to keep one or both of a pair of audiobooks to their Sora app shelf, thanks to our co-host, OverDrive. Once downloaded, these audiobooks will be available whenever you want to listen. The only bit of tricky timing is that you have only one week in which to get the titles moved to your shelf; once the week ends at 11:59 PM Eastern Time, the weekly pair is no longer available to move into your personal app.
Registration Process
Quote:
Can I use Libby or the OverDrive app for the SYNC program instead of the Sora app?

The SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. You don’t need to be affiliated with a school to use Sora with the SYNC program.

First register for SYNC. Then set up Sora.

How do I set up Sora?
  • Download Sora from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, or go to soraapp.com in your browser.
  • In Sora, tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
  • Enter this setup code: audiobooksync and tap Get Started!
  • Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
  • Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles [SYNC 2023 starts April 27]
================================================== ==========

SYNC Audio -- offers expire at 11:59 pm ET
================================================== ==========

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-27-2023 at 02:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:43 PM   #10859
TrevorViking
Wizard

The sales includes a ‘fresh picks’ sale.

Behind Her Lives
By: Briana Cole
Narrated by: Diana Blue
Length: 9 hrs and 28 mins
4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 (29 ratings)
$2.99
Old 03-13-2023, 12:30 AM   #10860
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Scribd Audio -- Benefit Changes

Scribd Perks was cancelled on 31 Mar 2023

I was updating Scribd on the homepage and the links to Scribd Perks were gone. I immediately thought cancellation. After failing to find any info on Scribd and Google, I went to Reddit to see if there was anything there and discovered this post:
Quote:
Posted by u/billchase2 11 days ago

Scribd Perks program ending

Just received this email:
Quote:
We’re contacting you to let you know that on Friday, March 31, 2023, we are ending our current Scribd Perks program — which means you will no longer have access to TuneIn, Peak Pro, CONtv + Comics, Curiosity Stream, or FarFaria through this program.

While this offer is ending, we’re continuously adding more content to our digital library. We hope you continue exploring the millions of stories available to you on Scribd — and this year, we’re excited to bring you even more exclusive releases by industry experts, entertainers, and industry-leading authors from our Scribd Originals imprint.

We’re constantly exploring new ways to inspire you through stories and knowledge and will update you as we evolve the program. Thanks for being part of our journey!

If you have any questions regarding this change, feel free to contact us. You can manage your subscription by visiting your account settings. If you have any questions about TuneIn, Peak Pro, CONtv + Comics, Curiosity Stream, or FarFaria specifically — please contact them directly.

Team Scribd

Last edited by tubemonkey; 04-06-2023 at 03:32 PM.