Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 09:01 PM   #1051
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
I looked again but don't seem to have any of those plugins listed in Preferences as user-installed plugins, and have no prompts for updating those particular ones. I couldn't tell which error messages those items would be producing ... maybe something else is causing the error messages and might help explain why Calibre is freezing?
The errors in your debug log i noticed errors from some old Py2 plugins that don't work in 5.xx. Getting rid of those likely wont help the Quality Check problems though, just clear up the debug logs.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #1052
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I was hopeful, but, I am not surprised the log didn't show anything. Mine tend to be noisy in debug mode as I add stuff to help me see what is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Unfortunately when I started up Calibre and tried Search ePub, the problem was not resolved.
Tomorrow I'll try the approach of running Calibre in debug mode. I've never done that before so not quite sure what to look for. Calibre will run okay up to the point of clicking on Search ePub. When it freezes, I'm not sure where to look for a 'crash' report.
I just realised that I misread your original post. I took it as hanging when you started the search. But, I thing you are saying that it is when the dialog is opened. If so, the most likely reason is that the dialog is actually opening off screen. Were you using a second monitor the last time it work? If you press escape, does control return to calibre? Or pressing enter start the search? If this is the case, you can retrieve the dialog with some keystrokes, but, they completely escape me at the moment. The location is also stored in one of the "gui.json" file. Deleting the section for ""quality check plugin:search epub dialog" should put it in the default location the next time it is opened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2021, 06:08 AM   #1053
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
PROBLEM SOLVED re: Search ePub hanging

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
... hanging ... when the dialog is opened. If so, the most likely reason is that the dialog is actually opening off screen. Were you using a second monitor the last time it work? If you press escape, does control return to calibre? Or pressing enter start the search?
PROBLEM SOLVED !
Thank you davidfor !
First I'll confirm that Calibre was hanging immediately on clicking on 'Search ePub', and before any dialog was displayed on screen (no second monitor being used).
I can also confirm that you are correct that when I now pressed the escape key (something that I've tried unsuccessfully in past to stop problematic search criteria but had not tried for this problem), control did immediately return to Calibre! and (more surprisingly) when I then clicked on Search ePub again, the normal criteria dialog display did appear and all seems ok now!
Since I had saved the pre-edit change to gui.json, I exited Calibre and switched back to that version of gui.json and again found that pressing the escape key immediately resolved the problem. Rebooting Calibre again showed that I no longer had to use the escape key.
So the criteria list itself does not seem to have been the problem.
I was thinking of comparing both gui.json versions (in their entirety) but unfortunately I have now used the escape key using both versions.
I did use the Win 10 Command box to rerun "calibre-debug -g" to compare the results with the log results provided earlier, and FWIW the following were the lines that had appeared previously that no longer appear in the start-up log:
Code:
60  - C:\Users\D>calibre-debug -g
61  - calibre 5.12 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
62  - Windows-10-10.0.18362 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
63  - ('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
64  - Python 3.8.5
65  - Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
66  - Interface language: None
67  - Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\D\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\Barnes & Noble.zip'
68  - Traceback (most recent call last):
69  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 703, in initialize_plugins
70  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
71  -   File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
72  -   File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
73  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
74  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
75  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
76  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
77  -   File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
78  -   File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.__init__", line 11, in <module>
79  - ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\urllib\__init__.pyc)
80  - Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\D\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\DeDRM.zip'
81  - Traceback (most recent call last):
82  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 703, in initialize_plugins
83  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
84  -   File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
85  -   File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
86  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
87  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
88  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
89  -   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
90  -   File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in exec_module
91  -   File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in get_code
92  -   File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 132
93  -     except Exception, e:
94  -                     ^
95  - SyntaxError: invalid syntax
96  - Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\D\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\FictionDB.zip'
97  - Traceback (most recent call last):
98  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 703, in initialize_plugins
99  -   File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
100 -  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
101 -  File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
102 -  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
103 -  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
104 -  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
105 -  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
106 -  File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 192, in exec_module
107 -  File "calibre_plugins.fictiondb.__init__", line 11, in <module>
108 - ImportError: cannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (C:\Program Files\Calibre2\app\bin\python-lib.bypy.frozen\urllib\__init__.pyc)
109 - Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 4) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Quality Check (1, 11, 0) && Reading List (1, 7, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1)
110 - Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
111 - devicePixelRatio: 1.0
112 - logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
113 - physicalDpi: 101.6 x 101.6
114 - Using calibre Qt style: True

145 - EpubMerge: DEBUG: 2021-03-11 05:33:57,090: calibre_plugins.epubmerge.epubmerge_plugin(158): macmenuhack file_path:C:\Users\D\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\fanficfare_macmenuhack.txt
If the above log messages don't offer any clues then it'll remain a mystery whatever I had done that required a reset using the Escape key.
Thanks again for your help. All seems functional now!
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 AM   #1054
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
FictionDB ... DeDRM ... Barnes & Noble plugins getting rid of the errors
I can now see those references in the Command log error messages and I guess the reason I haven't seen them in Calibre as user-selected plugins is simply because they are not loading (I haven't used them for years). I can now see the zip and json files in the subdirectory identified in the error messages and for now will simply delete those.
Thanks ownedbycats.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:57 AM   #1055
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another thing to do is delete the config file and see what happens. Do not use any characters that are used in regex as part of your search.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2021, 08:34 AM   #1056
Rob557
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Another thing to do is delete the config file and see what happens. Do not use any characters that are used in regex as part of your search.
I'm not sure where a Calibre config file would be located, but in any case all seems okay for now. I agree that my random use of $ in my dummy search criteria could have triggered some sort of problem since $ has an operational role for regex text.
Old 03-16-2021, 11:39 PM   #1057
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
When I Check Mobi > Check Twitter/Facebook disabled, it does find one book. In the log, I assume that's where it says "Missing ASIN at EXTH 504...." But, in addition to that, the log is filled with entries saying "ERROR: AZW3 format is missing [bookname]." I don't understand why those errors show up with this check. Plus, when I look at those books, they have an AZW3 format file in them and it opens without problem.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:35 AM   #1058
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
When I Check Mobi > Check Twitter/Facebook disabled, it does find one book. In the log, I assume that's where it says "Missing ASIN at EXTH 504...." But, in addition to that, the log is filled with entries saying "ERROR: AZW3 format is missing [bookname]." I don't understand why those errors show up with this check. Plus, when I look at those books, they have an AZW3 format file in them and it opens without problem.
Run Check Library. Click the Library icon / Library Maintenance / Check library, then click Yes to check the library information.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 09:32 AM   #1059
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Run Check Library. Click the Library icon / Library Maintenance / Check library, then click Yes to check the library information.
It came back clean: no problems. I take it that all those "AZW3 format is missing" errors I get under Check Mobi > Check Twitter/Facebook Disabled are not normal?

EDIT: BTW, I took a closer look at the log provided by the Check Twitter/Facebook Disabled process. Of the 655 books in my Library, that log has 518 error lines. 3 are for the missing ASIN error on the one (public domain book), 4 are for missing AZW formats that are for books listed as also missing AZW3 formats, and 515 are for missing AZW3 formats.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 03-17-2021 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #1060
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
It came back clean: no problems. I take it that all those "AZW3 format is missing" errors I get under Check Mobi > Check Twitter/Facebook Disabled are not normal?
Looking at the code I see that those log messages are produced because "Twitter/Facebook disabled" complains if a book has an AZW3 format but doesn't have a MOBI format. Given what the code does, producing the error must be a bug. The code processes only MOBI formats so it is reasonable to conclude it should look only at books with MOBI formats.

The attached version corrects the problem.

EDIT: I released this version and removed the zip from this post.

Last edited by chaley; 03-17-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2021, 12:43 PM   #1061
enuddleyarbl
Guru

Thanks for the fix. I ran the Check Twitter/Facebook Disabled process with the new version and it had no problems.
Old 03-29-2021, 07:31 AM   #1062
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hey there!

I love the plugin and use it to clean up my library, but I think I might have found a bug.

Step 1 - Check missing covers
Step 2 - See books w/o covers and decide to exclude from check "check covers..."
Step 3 - Check Missing Covers]
Step 4 - Same books missing covers that I had excluded are shown

No exclusions. I can't seem to get the books without covers that are excluded to be set.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #1063
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hey there!

I love the plugin and use it to clean up my library, but I think I might have found a bug.

Step 1 - Check missing covers
Step 2 - See books w/o covers and decide to exclude from check "check covers..."
Step 3 - Check Missing Covers]
Step 4 - Same books missing covers that I had excluded are shown

No exclusions. I can't seem to get the books without covers that are excluded to be set.
None of the "check_missing" tests use the exclusion because they do calibre searches, in this case "cover:false". The same is true for "Check Covers" / "No cover". If could be changed to use an embedded search and then exclude the books but that is much more work than I am willing to do.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:09 PM   #1064
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
No problem, I wasn't sure. I totally get it that it isn't a big deal. I just have to make a notation in my "details" column to indicate that there shouldn't be a cover, and then restrict it.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:01 AM   #1065
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
No problem, I wasn't sure. I totally get it that it isn't a big deal. I just have to make a notation in my "details" column to indicate that there shouldn't be a cover, and then restrict it.
Instead of this plugin, I use a saved search to look for books without covers.

That way I can exclude books from certain sources (like calibre news) that don't need covers and check a couple of custom columns and tags as well, probably similar to your details column.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote